Manly V Bronco's Rnd 1 Game Day Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah but i reckon he'll pack down next to chock and Big Joe will play @ 13. With King out i can't see Lawton being the utility on the bench. That would mean playing too many newbies

Good on Lawrence! Im cheering for this guy.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the NRL or the clubs pay to fly teams around the country and put them up?

MWSE said:
Good on Lawrence! Im cheering for this guy.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the NRL or the clubs pay to fly teams around the country and put them up?

I'm sure I read a few years back that the clubs have their own arrangements, and get various deals done for both so they're not paying market value for it.

Might have changed since.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
From @rlw_mole on twitter

TEAM NEWS: @manlyseaeagles latest - @Tooves will name a 6-man bench... Jason King now definitely OUT.

@Manlyseaeagles tweet

Check out Toovey's take on our fast-approaching season opener v @BrisbaneBroncos: http://t.co/xq5IoKg76K #gomanly #NRLBriMan #seaeag13s

6 man bench will be -
Galuvao
Fa'aoso
Rose
Lawton
Sao
Sene-Lefao

Hmmm Hiku a reserve? based upon that and the 6 man bench I doubt we will be 1 to 17 when we run on the field

The Wheel said:
Hmmm Hiku a reserve? based upon that and the 6 man bench I doubt we will be 1 to 17 when we run on the field

Guessing he is a emergency if Snake or the wingers have a spill

I'd assume Hiku is there to cover for the Wolf. But who is George Rose named to cover for?

Very strong side. I think they have Matai and Lyon on the wrong side of the field. Looking forward to watching the new boys.

Round 1 2013 Team

Sea Eagles
1 Brett Stewart
2 Jorge Taufua
3 Jamie Lyon (c)
4 Steve Matai
5 David Williams
6 Kieran Foran
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Brenton Lawrence
9 Matt Ballin
10 Brent Kite
11 Anthony Watmough
12 Justin Horo
13 Jamie Buhrer

Interchange
14 Ritchie Fa'aoso
15 Joe Galuvao
16 David Gower
17 Jesse Sene-Lefao
19 Peter Hiku
22 George Rose

Coach: Geoff Toovey

I can't wait....I reckon Lawrence and Horo will be full of enthusiasm, and Faaoso is a proven performer.

As to the others who knows BUT one thing is very certain, George Rose looks to be on the outer!!

I did hear something in that vein late last year, and to be honest I am surprised they unloaded Mauro and not him!!

Don't get me wrong, I think George is a cult hero and the fans love him BUT just not so sure he's loved as much where it counts!!

RE: Round 1 2013

Some surprises like Gower Sene-Lefao but it looks a well balanced team and with a 6 man bench maybe a few drop outs before the game.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4