Manly Match-Fixing Investigation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I call BS. The tele will print anything to sell a paper. Also I don't believe you can have a conspiracy with that many people kept secret for so long.

Looking at how a couple of our players went last year, I think there may be something in it....but I doubt any charges will come.

As it's been stated, too hard to prove. I don't think it was a case of being greedy etc, rather than they were tanking anyway so why not get paid for it! Purely speculation on my behalf.

One thing that puzzles me though, a bet the size of $700,000 can't be hidden so why can't they find the bet? Bourbon beccy reckons she knows the bookie who took it but i'd have to believe hayson that a smaller sp bookie wouldn't accept such a huge bet on his own and if he passed some of that onto one of the bigger companies, it would be there for the authorities to find.

It doesn't add up. Either the bets were there or not. If not, what the hell was all this for?
No problem at all getting it on.Thousands of avenues and they bet back with corporates and other SP.s.That Parra game betting wise does not seem to fit the bill though given it was on a knife edge and no obvious firming.

No problem at all getting it on.Thousands of avenues and they bet back with corporates and other SP.s.That Parra game betting wise does not seem to fit the bill though given it was on a knife edge and no obvious firming.

I read elsewhere that some journo went through each game with a fine tooth comb, and couldn't find enough evidence in either to suggest the match's were being thrown (although how you ascertain that is beyond me).

I remember the results but not the minute by minute happenings, he did say there were a couple of Manly "No Try's" that could have gone either way which would (could) have changed the results.

I read elsewhere that some journo went through each game with a fine tooth comb, and couldn't find enough evidence in either to suggest the match's were being thrown (although how you ascertain that is beyond me).

I remember the results but not the minute by minute happenings, he did say there were a couple of Manly "No Try's" that could have gone either way which would (could) have changed the results.

Agree Mark.Too close and no firming for a rort to be on....in my opinion it was just another case of being let down by senior players attitudes with the game on the line.,,plenty of those games to choose from.

Agree Mark.Too close and no firming for a rort to be on....in my opinion it was just another case of being let down by senior players attitudes with the game on the line.,,plenty of those games to choose from.

Absolutely and not just these two games.

A lot of the players last year (many of them VERY senior) just didn't turn up, we complained all year (last year) about $Forme, but he was just one of many.

Their attitudes derailed our 2015 season, and you'd have to say that its flowed over (although no longer the main reason) to the 2016 year as well.

What's that comment again @susan "time to cut the cancer"??

Lets hope the powers to be reading this over the weekend (hi Scott) take some notice.

Then read the earlier posts - where everything has been discussed
I was asking if the police had evidence the bet was actually made and confirmation of how much it was for? Reading through all the articles I have found no confirmation the police have evidence of this, just the word of one person.

I was asking if the police had evidence the bet was actually made and confirmation of how much it was for? Reading through all the articles I have found no confirmation the police have evidence of this, just the word of one person.

I'd suggest this is all it is at present Brooke, nothing more than hearsay and picked up by the media as being a red hot story to run with.

Could all be a storm in a teacup (sorry @ssteacup ) but sadly the reputations of many players will be tarnished forever, and it just cannot be any good for MWSE Ltd moving forward.

Whether it happened or not will never be known IMO. This issue is only a problem because we allowed it to happen in front of our eyes.Does the club seriously think letting these grubs in the dressing room would aid team culture and help the Manly brand?How the f..ck did Johns keep his job with Heyson on the prowl.

Simple edict. Do not cavort with these clowns if you want a contract. It is not that hard.It is just another updated version of the no dickhead policy.
Well said.

Agreed.

I don't know whether it's just me reading too much into it, but has he seemed a bit distracted and distant on Ch 9 this week? Origin as well as last night.

Mind you, there have been a few games probably in the last 12 months or so where my partner has said "Check out Johns, he is off his face again". So it could just be that.
He seemed very agitated. The thin blue line is circling...

The allegations seem like bull****. Why is this guy implicating himself in a crime and why are there no bookies complaining about it? And no way could 6 footballers keep it secret. It doesn't make any sense and I have no idea why the police released a statement if all they had was an untested allegation. They'd better come out and pour some cold water on this if it turns out to be some crazy vendetta.

Jesus Why do people think Heyson has a legion of jockeys and footballers partaking of the goods on offer at Stillettos for free. Good conversation, share a nice bottle of red..... this attitude that if you cant prove it it didn't happen is so short sighted and ridiculous.I don't know if it happened at Manly but I will bet my life it is happening somewhere.

Waiting for a court to prove basically the unproveable is a cop out.This is a thing the clubs in general need to deal with. Stay away from these guys or don't get a contract. Let another club deal with the ****.

If any contracted players want to associate with criminals, bet big bikkies, etc, so be it. It's their choice.

But drop them. Our choice is whether to make players persona non grata. You wouldn't have to do it too often for our culture to become understood.

James Hooper just saying on Tripple M he knew about the allegations for a while but never kept pursuing the story as he felt the evidence was not there for anything to come of it.
Said a bet could be spread around and some placed with SP bookies etc but very difficult to prove.

Hadley is a piece of ****. Taking the liberty of naming a particular individual, to benefit his own purposes, but then suggesting this particular individual had done nothing wrong. So this particular individual keeps unsavoury company. But there's no evidence he/she partook in any illegal activity. There is however a media frenzy, as a result of a blanket statement, which acknowledged illegal behaviour MAY have been identified...but it can't be proven???? Why grandstand in the first place???? We've been made the meat in the sandwich as a result.

Jesus Why do people think Heyson has a legion of jockeys and footballers partaking of the goods on offer at Stillettos for free. Good conversation, share a nice bottle of red..... this attitude that if you cant prove it it didn't happen is so short sighted and ridiculous.I don't know if it happened at Manly but I will bet my life it is happening somewhere.

Waiting for a court to prove basically the unproveable is a cop out.This is a thing the clubs in general need to deal with. Stay away from these guys or don't get a contract. Let another club deal with the ****.
I thought he didn't own the brothel anymore.

Hadley is a piece of ****. Taking the liberty of naming a particular individual, to benefit his own purposes, but then suggesting this particular individual had done nothing wrong. So this particular individual keeps unsavoury company. But there's no evidence he/she partook in any illegal activity. There is however a media frenzy, as a result of a blanket statement, which acknowledged illegal behaviour MAY have been identified...but it can't be proven???? Why grandstand in the first place???? We've been made the meat in the sandwich as a result.
Does Hadley still have that sports show with Bozo?
It would not please the Immortal if Manly were besmirched by Hadley, unless it's orchestrated to have Snake quit to avoid another Trial by Media :swear:

Does Hadley still have that sports show with Bozo?
It would not please the Immortal if Manly were besmirched by Hadley, unless it's orchestrated to have Snake quit to avoid another Trial by Media :swear:
Hadley and Bozo his vice captain still do the radio program together on Saturdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7