Manly Match-Fixing Investigation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Manly warned off big time punter

It's been revealed Manly players were warned against associating with big time punter and former brothel owner Eddie Hayson long before allegations of match fixing went public this week.

Hayson has been named as the central figure in the allegations, but denies any knowledge of bets allegedly wagered on Manly to lose matches to Souths and Parramatta during the 2015 season.

"The worst kept secret in rugby league is the relationship between Eddie Hayson, who's described as a shadowy figure, and key figures at Manly," Ray Hadley said on Sydney radio 2GB on Friday.

"Brett Stewart is one of them. I'm not suggesting Mr Stewart has done anything wrong. I'm just saying he is well known for having as association with Eddie Hayson and so too is Kieran Foran and his retired brother Liam.

"Other Manly players have a relationship with Eddie Hayson and it's my understanding that they have at various times been warned by various officials about being in Mr Hayson's company.

"It’s my information that those officials have basically been told to mind their own business.

"Unfortunately for them it now looks like it everyone's business."

There is no suggestion Hayson or the players are guilty of any wrongdoing.

http://www.sportingnews.com/league/...ats-up-nrl/175r129k8ejjp1jubrylvgldba/slide/1

Match fixing? Prove it!

The word being whispered behind closed hands in corners of dodgy pubs all around Sydney is that it will be extremely hard for the match-fixing charges to stick.

There has to be sufficient proof that the matches were fixed in the first place and, on face value, that will be hard enough.

Manly's 14-point loss to Souths in round 16 was hardly a shock result. The round 24 defeat against Parramatta was a surprise but the winning margin – four points – was so skinny that it could have gone either way.

Don't forget the Sea Eagles were denied a certain try in the 56th minute when a kick through hit the upright with Steve Matai set to score.

If the fix was on, surely a try at that stage could have thrown the cat among the sea eagles.

http://www.sportingnews.com/league/...ats-up-nrl/175r129k8ejjp1jubrylvgldba/slide/2

Why should the club suffer? (god, I hate using that word when referring to MWSE Ltd.)
The "entity" (better word) is not guilty.
IF, repeat IF, there is any substance to this, then it is about a number of INDIVIDUAL PLAYERS. Nothing that I have read points the finger at the entity.

Wasn't it folk from the Football Club who introduced Haysen to the dressing shed, against the wishes of the current owners?

Match fixing. The truth...

After some investigating, it seems the whole thing is just a lie. This video shows how match fixing is done. Notice it can only be done with the handkerchief of the "trickster". When asked to show evidence using the "tricked" persons handkerchief, well......then the truth comes out. The whole thing is a carefully orchestrated lie with no truthful substance.

Wasn't it folk from the Football Club who introduced Haysen to the dressing shed, against the wishes of the current owners?
Besides the point, the issue is the relationship that the alleged players continue to value. Joey seems to be the link.

But they're adults and choose their own company, nothing the Club can really do about it @:cool:

I see in some report this morning that Hayson is denying the whole thing, I think this is going to be VERY hard to prove and as has been said already it could be the Police "fishing" to try and get someone to stumble (if it is in fact true) as it appears we have one shady character who muttered a throw away line about another shady character who denies anything.

Good luck having that succeed in court.

You would also imagine if they had more proof they would have the players in question bank accounts to be checking any irregularities and if guilty it "should show" it what transpired around that time, mind you as I alluded to yesterday there are ways to "clean up" black money.

I'd have to agree with the comment "where there's smoke there's fire" but you also have to remember the great court case of 2009 (or was it 2010), there was an awful lot of smoke (especially in the media), and it turned out the fire wasn't a fire after all.

What is of concern is Kelly confirmed that the club has had meetings with the NRL about concerns over player associations with these identities.
I am starting to wonder if I have misjudged the Penn's cleanout of people from our club.

• 🤝
Reactions: Rex
Yep they can hang round with Heyson. No law against that.

Equally if I owned a football club and wrote the cheques I would simply not employ people who do associate with him,especially given the disgraceful attitude and form of the two in question. Yet we pander to these clowns and get rid of Ballin and Toovey. I would have sacked both of them and Johns and I guarantee this club would be a better and more profitable place.

Works both ways.

I am starting to wonder if I have misjudged the Penn's cleanout of people from our club.

Lachie they only cleaned out WHO THEY WANTED to be cleaned out, anyone associating with, condoning, or supporting 2V or the FC stance was gone.....I mean to say why remove Donny Singe who bleeds Manly through and through, there's a perfect example.

Up to his eyeballs in this.

Agreed.

I don't know whether it's just me reading too much into it, but has he seemed a bit distracted and distant on Ch 9 this week? Origin as well as last night.

Mind you, there have been a few games probably in the last 12 months or so where my partner has said "Check out Johns, he is off his face again". So it could just be that.

I have no idea Mark, I don't have any inside knowledge and I believe (and in some cases know) that persons moved on are excellent people. But for example .. if it transpires that the rumours/allegations are proven to have substance, then it happened on the watch of those excellent people, in other words, they weren't able to prevent it. Whether that had anything to do with the impetus to change I do not know, but for the first time I am asking myself the question..

Looking at how a couple of our players went last year, I think there may be something in it....but I doubt any charges will come.

As it's been stated, too hard to prove. I don't think it was a case of being greedy etc, rather than they were tanking anyway so why not get paid for it! Purely speculation on my behalf.

One thing that puzzles me though, a bet the size of $700,000 can't be hidden so why can't they find the bet? Bourbon beccy reckons she knows the bookie who took it but i'd have to believe hayson that a smaller sp bookie wouldn't accept such a huge bet on his own and if he passed some of that onto one of the bigger companies, it would be there for the authorities to find.

It doesn't add up. Either the bets were there or not. If not, what the hell was all this for?

I know it's general consensus that most footballers aren't the sharpest tools in the shed but do we really think that established NRL stars would risk their entire careers, legacy, reputation etc just to pull in an extra 10-20% cash?
A player on say $500K a year risking it all for a once off $50K, really? Supposedly five players at that.
I don't care how disgruntled some players might be, that they would risk everything, sorry, I just don't (can't) believe it.

Jesus Why do people think Heyson has a legion of jockeys and footballers partaking of the goods on offer at Stillettos for free. Good conversation, share a nice bottle of red..... this attitude that if you cant prove it it didn't happen is so short sighted and ridiculous.I don't know if it happened at Manly but I will bet my life it is happening somewhere.

Waiting for a court to prove basically the unproveable is a cop out.This is a thing the clubs in general need to deal with. Stay away from these guys or don't get a contract. Let another club deal with the ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4