Manly Match-Fixing Investigation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just as disturbed that so-called journalists don't know what 'mete (out)' means.

But on second thoughts, maybe that's exactly what the suggestion is - the media are going to 'allot' the culprits. Wouldn't be the first time they've arbitrarily decided who the guilty party should be.
Surely their Legal Department would advise them against it @:cool:

More legal headlines to amuse ourselves with :confused:

Kate McClymont (seemingly) isn't driven by agendas. She is probably one of the last true investigative journalists at work under the once great Fairfax masthead.
The same Kate McClymont that missed the entire Kathy Jackson embezzlement of $1m so she could pursue Craig Thompson over paying for hookers using his union credit card. she only repeats what other people tell her these days

I'm not a huge fan of Zorba but I thought he spoke pretty well this morning in the Big Sports Breakfast

He's on from 1hr 50min approx

http://media.skyracing.com.au/POD/59/37107433.mp3
Of note, he stated with respect to the Penns contacting Greenberg "last year" (which has elsewhere been reported to have been 'about 18 months ago', or, as Joe Kelly said, 'possibly a bit more than that') that the reason was to discuss concerns around some of the persons players were fraternising with.

He said he went with the Penns to speak to the NRL about "some of the elements that are around our club", who were "seemingly welcomed to the club by a certain section of our club who are I might say are no longer with us"...

When asked what the concerns were, he said "just the types who were gathering"

When asked were the concerns to do with gambling, he replied, "absolutely not".

(Penns gained ownership in October control in 2014)

Hadley is a piece of ****. Taking the liberty of naming a particular individual, to benefit his own purposes, but then suggesting this particular individual had done nothing wrong. So this particular individual keeps unsavoury company. But there's no evidence he/she partook in any illegal activity. There is however a media frenzy, as a result of a blanket statement, which acknowledged illegal behaviour MAY have been identified...but it can't be proven???? Why grandstand in the first place???? We've been made the meat in the sandwich as a result.

I remember the rant Hadley went on the day after the infamous Manly Storm brawl. He called for both Stewart's to be barred long term.

Ray won't admit but he was wrong. No has been able to tell why Glenn was sin binned for in the first place.

Hadley is a Stewart hater and was a Gallop lover.

Wasn't it folk from the Football Club who introduced Haysen to the dressing shed, against the wishes of the current owners?
Don't know Matas. But if so, what was the Penns' role? Here's what Con Ange had to say about the Penns:
------------------------------------------------
Ange, who has had two attempts on his life this year, said he was familiar with Sea Eagles officials and they had never told him to steer clear of the dressing rooms.

"I have never had anyone at Manly telling me not to associate with [players]," he said.

"This is the first I've heard of it, it has come as a surprise to me when I read the paper this morning. Manly officials have always welcomed me, they never said you can't come in.

"I used to help them raise money, with their marketing department, give them advice on how to do their functions and raise money. I give them practical advice on how to improve their balance sheets.

"The Penns [Manly owners] have seen me in their sheds and not once have they said: 'Con, we'd rather you not come in here.'

"If there was a problem, I don't know why they would tell the players and not tell me.

"If they tell me, I'd stay away, no problem, if that bothers them. They know, and everyone at Manly knows, I'm harmless.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-nrl-sheds-20160604-gpbk7h.html#ixzz4Af1NWw4W

Of note, he stated with respect to the Penns contacting Greenberg "last year" (which has elsewhere been reported to have been 'about 18 months ago', or, as Joe Kelly said, 'possibly a bit more than that') that the reason was to discuss concerns around some of the persons players were fraternising with.

He said he went with the Penns to speak to the NRL about "some of the elements that are around our club", who were "seemingly welcomed to the club by a certain section of our club who are I might say are no longer with us"...

When asked what the concerns were, he said "just the types who were gathering"

When asked were the concerns to do with gambling, he replied, "absolutely not".

(Penns gained ownership in October control in 2014)

So pre or post total ownership??

If the common denominator here is the previous, very high profile, member of the coaching staff who is no longer with us (widely reported in the press, so I am writing this purely on whats been read) why is any blame being apportioned to either the Penn's or as is seemingly being suggested the FC.

I for one find it laughable to think that the owners, or any of their "honcho's" would have anything to do with this, nor, knowing how the FC work and their limited role these days that they could have either.

It would seem the common link is the aforesaid member of the coaching staff who would easily have been able to gain access to to players for his alleged "mate", although again these comments are purely what I have read as well, and as such could be absolute crap or fact.

I'm no lover of the current administration BUT suggesting they are involved is just ludicrous.

Last edited:
How funny they finish the interview with Zorba on who he thinks will win today and what the start is on TAB.
Not a bad interview but he had a obvious dig at Tooves. The media have been disgraceful in their coverage of this and Greenturd should of been more supportive of the club on Friday.

If the common denominator here is the previous, very high profile, member of the coaching staff who is no longer with us (widely reported in the press, so I am writing this purely on whats been read) why is any blame being apportioned to either the Penn's or the as is seemingly being suggested the FC.

I for one find it laughable to think that the owners, or any of their "honcho's" would have anything to do with this, nor, knowing how the FC work and their limited role these days that they could have either.

It would seem the common link is the aforesaid member of the coaching staff who would easily have been able to gain access to to players for his alleged "mate", although again these comments are purely what I have read as well, and as such could be absolute crap or fact.

I'm no lover of the current administration BUT suggesting they are involved is just ludicrous.
The fact is that Manly's two highest profile Players last year, still holiday, hangout with the people that the Club warned them about, shows that they simply ignore their employer.

It's irrelevant who introduced them, they obviously value their company :cool:

ZtH blaming the previous dressingroom attendees is misplaced.
They're grown men and choose their own company
Any consequences of these relationships would be only theirs and not Manly's.@:cool:

The fact is that Manly's two highest profile Players last year, still holiday, hangout with the people that the Club warned them about, shows that they simply ignore their employer.

It's irrelevant who introduced them, they obviously value their company :cool:

ZtH blaming the previous dressingroom attendees is misplaced.
They're grown men and choose their own company
Any consequences of these relationships would be only theirs and not Manly's.@:cool:

Whats the saying " you make you bed, and then you lie in it".

You are, at the end of the day, in control of what you do and say, and if certain players wish to associate with certain "shady" characters, I guess all you can do is warn them, because after all they are in control of their own destiny.

The same Kate McClymont that missed the entire Kathy Jackson embezzlement of $1m so she could pursue Craig Thompson over paying for hookers using his union credit card. she only repeats what other people tell her these days
Rubbish. If Fairfax provided her with the same kind of backup journos that used to be there, she would do an even better job than she already does. We need more Kate McClymonts not less.

I didn't see it but heard on the Sunday Footy show today they mentioned the match fixing. Evidently only Freddie and Billy Slater made a comment. Johns was very silent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8