Manly for sale mega rumours: Norths/Qatar/kapersky/etc

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/54819efeeb9d982830536abb9c75be74

Dean Ritchie

A GROUP of high-powered entrepreneurs will align themselves with the Bears to try and commit one of the greatest acts of revenge in rugby league’s 110-year history — buying the Manly Sea Eagles.

The Daily Telegraph understands the looming consortium bid — which will be backed by the Bears — has been rolling along secretly for several months.

Another meeting is scheduled for this week, possibly on Tuesday, which may include senior officials from Norths. The meeting could prove pivotal.

There is little doubt the famous yet discarded foundation club would enjoy immense satisfaction from buying a club that has overshadowed them for decades.

The businessmen are known to be high-flyers yet immensely private. They are also shrewd, passionate and ruthless. Their identities remain a mystery but they are circling the under-siege Sea Eagles.

It is understood they have been holding in-depth meetings with a number of international business houses in up-market North Sydney to garnish support.

The financially flourishing North Sydney Leagues Club would also play a key factor in any bid.

Norths are still seething after Manly walked away with the NRL licence when the ill-fated Northern Eagles joint-venture collapsed in 2002.

Manly’s majority owners, the Penn family, have repeatedly claimed their club isn’t for sale.

But dramas on and off the field in recent weeks have drained Sea Eagles chairman Scott Penn. Ironically, the Penn family business is based in the heart of North Sydney.

Penn did not respond when contacted via text message.

There would appear little doubt the Penn family would listen to any offer that is financially attractive.

But it would mean the end of famous Manly after 71 years in existence. It was catastrophic at Brookvale.

Talks are still in their infancy and Penn would be under excruciating pressure to keep Manly given the public outcry from Sydney’s northern beaches should he sell the famous club, logo, colours and history to their old foes.

It would however be a stunning return should the Bears somehow acquire Manly’s NRL licence.

Should the Bears return, the plan would see matches played at North Sydney Oval and Central Coast Stadium. Norths would use the iconic Bears logo.

All officials contacted by The Daily Telegraph either preferred not to comment or were unaware of what was unfolding.

It is known that the businessmen behind the push would earn a cut if a deal can be secured. Momentum is slowly building.

The bid team hope Manly might sell for between $4m to $5m — but that figure would seem low given the New Zealand Warriors sold last week for $20m. The Sea Eagles are though struggling financially.

No formal business plan has yet been formulated but initial signs show a deal would be feasible.

Bears officials are quietly aware of moves by a consortium but haven’t been included yet in the bulk of discussions.

There is also alleged interest for Manly from China, Russia and Qatar.

The Bears recently failed in their bid to take control of the then fledgling Gold Coast Titans.

Norths have been desperate for a return to the NRL for the past 16 years. The Sea Eagles and Bears have a long and healthy dislike for each other on the northside of Sydney.

Manly has lurched from one disaster to another this year on and off the field. The low points being the Jackson Hastings drama and the salary cap scandal from earlier this year.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Lol, not content with listing all our best players desperately wanting out of the club....

Now even after rick Penn said the club is not for sale....

Dean ritchie has a group of super secret global businessmen wanting to buy Manly.....as a North's consortium!

And because the Penns have an office in nth sydney.....it will be done!

Anyway, not posting the drivel on here as 80% of you will all believe it and whinge about it until we have our next win.

I'm sure it'll get posted as some fans love posting every negative they can find.

Mitch

Bencher
Has any one seen this rubbish in today’s Telegraph. Why would the Penns sell to a consortium looking to bring back the Bears? Absolute dribble again.

CBF9F1AE-5F38-4617-8B3D-B103117F8D92.jpeg

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Lol, not content with listing all our best players desperately wanting out of the club....

Now even after rick Penn said the club is not for sale....

Dean ritchie has a group of super secret global businessmen wanting to buy Manly.....as a North's consortium!

And because the Penns have an office in nth sydney.....it will be done!

Anyway, not posting the drivel on here as 80% of you will all believe it and whinge about it until we have our next win.

I'm sure it'll get posted as some 'fans' love posting every negative they can find.

Sorry @globaleagle i just posted this article
I for one don't believe a word of the article but with TG in charge of the nrl he would love nothing more than to see this happen.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
Talk about selective reporting!! The Telegraph must have a slow news day, so put out crap like this!! Dean Ritchie claims that the Bears are still seething about Manly getting the full license in 2002, What Richie does not also mention is that is was MANLY who paid out all the Norths players that their ****e club could not pay out!! Norths for years and years were crap and is not Manlys fault that they were. They still love to peddle that it was our fault for their demise. How can that be, when they have a leagues club that generates double our one in revenue, oh that's right, the build a stadium in Gosford didn't they? and they miscalculated the cost!! Always the victim and never their fault!!!!

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
Look Scott Penn has his faults and has made his share of mistakes since taking complete ownership. But there’s no way he would sell to norths uncle the fat Greek would
String him up. Zorba hates norths as much as we do. 5mil to sell tell em their dreaming.
I heard penn wouldn’t even take 10 mil.

lurker

Beaver lover
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/54819efeeb9d982830536abb9c75be74

Dean Ritchie

A GROUP of high-powered entrepreneurs will align themselves with the Bears to try and commit one of the greatest acts of revenge in rugby league’s 110-year history — buying the Manly Sea Eagles.

The Daily Telegraph understands the looming consortium bid — which will be backed by the Bears — has been rolling along secretly for several months.

Another meeting is scheduled for this week, possibly on Tuesday, which may include senior officials from Norths. The meeting could prove pivotal.

There is little doubt the famous yet discarded foundation club would enjoy immense satisfaction from buying a club that has overshadowed them for decades.

The businessmen are known to be high-flyers yet immensely private. They are also shrewd, passionate and ruthless. Their identities remain a mystery but they are circling the under-siege Sea Eagles.

It is understood they have been holding in-depth meetings with a number of international business houses in up-market North Sydney to garnish support.

The financially flourishing North Sydney Leagues Club would also play a key factor in any bid.

Norths are still seething after Manly walked away with the NRL licence when the ill-fated Northern Eagles joint-venture collapsed in 2002.

Manly’s majority owners, the Penn family, have repeatedly claimed their club isn’t for sale.

But dramas on and off the field in recent weeks have drained Sea Eagles chairman Scott Penn. Ironically, the Penn family business is based in the heart of North Sydney.

Penn did not respond when contacted via text message.

There would appear little doubt the Penn family would listen to any offer that is financially attractive.

But it would mean the end of famous Manly after 71 years in existence. It was catastrophic at Brookvale.

Talks are still in their infancy and Penn would be under excruciating pressure to keep Manly given the public outcry from Sydney’s northern beaches should he sell the famous club, logo, colours and history to their old foes.

It would however be a stunning return should the Bears somehow acquire Manly’s NRL licence.

Should the Bears return, the plan would see matches played at North Sydney Oval and Central Coast Stadium. Norths would use the iconic Bears logo.

All officials contacted by The Daily Telegraph either preferred not to comment or were unaware of what was unfolding.

It is known that the businessmen behind the push would earn a cut if a deal can be secured. Momentum is slowly building.

The bid team hope Manly might sell for between $4m to $5m — but that figure would seem low given the New Zealand Warriors sold last week for $20m. The Sea Eagles are though struggling financially.

No formal business plan has yet been formulated but initial signs show a deal would be feasible.

Bears officials are quietly aware of moves by a consortium but haven’t been included yet in the bulk of discussions.

There is also alleged interest for Manly from China, Russia and Qatar.

The Bears recently failed in their bid to take control of the then fledgling Gold Coast Titans.

Norths have been desperate for a return to the NRL for the past 16 years. The Sea Eagles and Bears have a long and healthy dislike for each other on the northside of Sydney.

Manly has lurched from one disaster to another this year on and off the field. The low points being the Jackson Hastings drama and the salary cap scandal from earlier this year.
Hahahaha god this article is a joke. Aside from all the other dribble and the fact that this could be just 100% made up. Why would someone sell something that gets a $13mil grant each year for $4-5mil dollars. If the stadium issue was fixed we’re easily a profitable business.

Bradza

Bencher
Tipping Member
I'm confused, what's the difference between a 'senior official' from Norths and just an official? They only have two, Perry Lopez and Greg Florimo and they are both putzes.
I think this is the most imaginative piece that Dean has ever written - an outstanding piece of comedy fiction.

madmax

Bencher
Mark who is Asif? Sounds like a liar to me............:rofl:....my friend Nasser is an astronaut....my other friend Hamad is always drunk....the more he drinks the Mohamad he becomes....oh i forgot Ali, he lives in the city.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18