Manly for sale mega rumours: Norths/Qatar/kapersky/etc

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Lol, not content with listing all our best players desperately wanting out of the club....

Now even after rick Penn said the club is not for sale....

Dean ritchie has a group of super secret global businessmen wanting to buy Manly.....as a North's consortium!

And because the Penns have an office in nth sydney.....it will be done!

Anyway, not posting the drivel on here as 80% of you will all believe it and whinge about it until we have our next win.

I'm sure it'll get posted as some fans love posting every negative they can find.

Over the past decade, North Sydney has reportedly put together a cashed up consortium to buy everything from the Cross City tunnel to Frank Hyde's jockstrap and Harry's Café de Wheels ....

No one has yet taken them seriously ..... until Silvertails ....

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Why the fark do you people take anything Dean Ritchie writes about Manly as gospel. The best way to read his articles is to insert the words "Zorba told me to write the following" at the beginning of the article. Then put your critical thinking cap on and read the article with the thought of "what have the Penns got to gain from this" running through your head at every paragraph.

He is Zorba's media lapdog and agenda driver. Take everything he writes about our club with a grain of salt.

JEF

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
Given Dean Ritchie is Manly's PR man this has to be a set-up.

Scott will now come forward and state that there is no way he would allow Manly to be moved or have a name change. Scotty will look good and noble and loyal. Hahaha clever.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Ho hum, another day, another bad story about Manly.

I think the journos sit around in a circle jerk and when finished make up the next **** to put up the next day.

Can you imagine how bad it will be when we have about 10 losses in a row??

It’ll rate, front page, first 8 pages and 16 pages in from the back page.

On radio Hadley and Jones will only talk about Manly , and nothing else.

The Footy show will be renamed the “ let’s bash the crap out of Manly show” and Foxtel will announce a brand new daily show “ Guess what we hate Manly too”.

Erin Molan will have named her child “ no one likes me , just like no one likes Manly”.

And in the 27th bid to buy the club out the IRA has been reformed , moved to Australia , and threatened to “ bomb the **** out of Penn if he doesn’t sell to them for $7.25 ( the current value of the club at that time)”.

Seriously though, what’s next?

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
One glaring error. The Penns’ do not control the name ‘Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles’, whether the outfit can be moved away from Brookvale, etc. That is the district club’s remit.

So why get excited?

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
One glaring error. The Penns’ do not control the name ‘Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles’, whether the outfit can be moved away from Brookvale, etc. That is the district club’s remit.

So why get excited?

And the main reason why we ALL should be members at $25 a year!!

I know they are somewhat “ hog tied” these days in comparison to the old days but they still do control the above!!

And just noticed this is my 22,222 post , all the twos lining up!!

The 33,333 one will be a good 5 years away!!

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Fuk me what will these clowns write about if we ever did disappear. For a club that everyone rubbishes as little following and no interest we seem to attract an enormous amount of media time and space. Give it a rest. How about smearing the Cowgirls and their drunken grope fest.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Fuk me what will these clowns write about if we ever did disappear. For a club that everyone rubbishes as little following and no interest we seem to attract an enormous amount of media time and space. Give it a rest. How about smearing the Cowgirls and their drunken grope fest.

Can’t do that mate, the mighty JT can’t be tarnished in any way!!

I agree, it’s like it’s the ONLY thing happening in the game.

Not sure if you are on Twitter but every second tweet from the journos seems to be Manly related ( except on game day when other teams are playing).

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
I'm not so sure we should be dismissing this Bear Conspiracy so lightly. I had earlier mentioned my fear of a Bear take over or replacement of the Sea Eagles. The NRL, guided by Greenberg, have been quite malicious in their dealing with the Manly club for several years now. Granted the Manly Board has given them much ammunition. But I have had this gut feeling that Greenberg has been up to something diabolical, and it wouldnt surprise me if he has been aware of this Bear bid for some time. He seems to go out of his way to block Manly at every turn, hoping no doubt to bring the club to its knees.

I remarked that the League would not allow the north to be vacated between the Bridge and Swansea, and I still believe that. However there is one way that it could be arranged if Norths replaced Manly in the North, either by the Sea Eagles transferring to somewhere like Perth, or for Norths to buy them out. The Penns need to be very careful in the coming months with how they deal with this situation. Certainly if Manly was sold to one of the over seas consortiums conditional that the Sea Eagles remain intact on the northern beaches, that would be life giving, and perhaps the Penns could enter the joint venture. But Manly needs to be careful with the duplicitous Greenberg and his stooges, because I've no doubt they have Manly in their sights for a fall.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
How is it possible there is even such a thing as The Bears.

I note they have some big events coming up.

2019 marks 20 years since they were put out of their misery.

2021 will be 100 years since 1st premiership win.

2022 will be 100 years since their last premiership win.

tookey

First Grader
Well it must be true if Penn didn't respond to a text message... probably sent it 4am the morning the article was released.
These guys who produce these articles are the biggest ****inh jokers.
The text message read something long the lines of: Hi Scott Dean Ritchie here So pissed I cannot read properly Writing a story about you selling Manly to the bears Must go as it is Zorba's shout

NYEagle

Bencher
I'm not so sure we should be dismissing this Bear Conspiracy so lightly. I had earlier mentioned my fear of a Bear take over or replacement of the Sea Eagles. The NRL, guided by Greenberg, have been quite malicious in their dealing with the Manly club for several years now. Granted the Manly Board has given them much ammunition. But I have had this gut feeling that Greenberg has been up to something diabolical, and it wouldnt surprise me if he has been aware of this Bear bid for some time. He seems to go out of his way to block Manly at every turn, hoping no doubt to bring the club to its knees.

I remarked that the League would not allow the north to be vacated between the Bridge and Swansea, and I still believe that. However there is one way that it could be arranged if Norths replaced Manly in the North, either by the Sea Eagles transferring to somewhere like Perth, or for Norths to buy them out. The Penns need to be very careful in the coming months with how they deal with this situation. Certainly if Manly was sold to one of the over seas consortiums conditional that the Sea Eagles remain intact on the northern beaches, that would be life giving, and perhaps the Penns could enter the joint venture. But Manly needs to be careful with the duplicitous Greenberg and his stooges, because I've no doubt they have Manly in their sights for a fall.
Yep - starting to see the rumblings, and you just know the NRL are behind this.
For sure they would loved Florimo to buy Manly and move them up to the Central Coast, or Perth - or given they are Bears - perhaps Canada!.
Be very careful Manly - those animals names are on the NRL site for a reason.
NYEagle

God

Bencher
I'm not usually a vengeful God, but I have been pondering striking down Florimo for some time.

Like Jesus and his return, he just needs give up on the bears second coming.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16