Manly for sale mega rumours: Norths/Qatar/kapersky/etc

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

DUFFMAN

Bencher
It’s a sign.
The advertising on the Silvertails website is Qatar Airlines for me.

I can’t see it happening, but would be nice to have a backer with bottomless pockets.
Yes there is a salary cap but will there always be one?

Last edited:

The '47ers

When Eagles are silent Parrots begin to chatter
Oh no we would be the Halal SeaEagles

We would have to chant Cliffy Akbar on the hill :p
para-siswa-lulusan-mengangkat-senjata-ak47-dan-mengibarkan-bendera-isis.jpg

Sue

Bencher
Salary cap is fully funded by the NRL grant. It restricts the amount a new owner can spend on players, that’s all.

This story sounds like a pipe dream but the real advantage of actual seriously wealthy owners willing to spend freely with a good business plan is the training facilities, support staff, junior recruitment, access to TPAs they can provide which doesn’t come under any cap.Melbourne Storm is a classic example.They have bag carriers for the bag carriers down there.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Careful what you wish for, just because they've got Monterey that doesn't mean it'si be good for the club, plus there's no salary cap in soccer so they can just buy whoever they want, not possible in the nrl (with the exception of the rorters and donkeys of course)
With a man named Ibrahim in the mix I'm sure some gentle persuasion in financial areas will not be a problem.
Will we all have to face Mecca when Eagle Rock plays?
I do have a cousin that lives there and has been raking it in for years. Money is no object over there.

manly al

First Grader
Let"s see how much substance and genuine intent this report actually has before it can be taken too seriously and Penn again is the majority shareholder , so unless the group or entity would be interested in purchasing the other vested part owners out , they would just be acquiring Penn"s stake in the club . As far as power house projections , of course pretty fanciful references with salary cap provisions and so on , personally could not care who has the majority or stake in the club as long as they are prepared to provide the cash to keep the club viable and competitive and with reasonable associated requirements short term and long term .

Mitch

Bencher
"If they could leave it in better hands they would" Zorba on a possible sale of @SeaEagles. But Zorba says Kaspersky acquiring the club would be "100 to 1... mainly because of what happened in the past."

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
Meanwhile, a puff piece appeared in ‘The American’ newspaper yesterday about Rick Penn and how he has no plans to sell.

Plus the usual twaddle about upgrading Brookvale etc. As someone once said -‘Where there’s a will, there’s a way’.

eagle40

Reserve Grader
If there has been a tentative offer, business demands the “Not 4 Sale” sign goes straight. You never seem eager to sell. The Stadium revamp is the attraction as is a financially viable club. They could drop a lazy 100mil without blinking an eyelid. Promising if true.

Brissie Kid

Bencher
True words, but I think it’s the licence that becomes the valuable item here. Any cashed up suitor could get that cheap as chips, then inject whatever strategy they wanted into making it successful on and off the field, thereby promoting brand awareness and marketing opportunities for their sponsors.
It’s a big picture strategy, and one not to be dismissed lightly.

I agree, but.... Or move the licence and team to wherever they want. No guarantee these new Sea Eagles would not fly away from northern Sydney.

manly al

First Grader
Maybe they could offer or begin to organize Qatari Air lines for instance as a major sponsor of Manly and as an initial and tangible indication that they would be a serious player and prepared to act in the best interests of Manly in any future ownership stake or control of the club .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16