Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Manase Fainu

Shane4500

Reserve Grader
Reaction score
In the lead up to Debelin's trial last November, in anticipation of a not guilty verdict, there were some murmurings in the game that the rule would be scrapped, and my understanding is that was a factor in our Croker/Cust policy. However the hung jury in Debelin's case, not to mention the guilty finding against Hayne, has put paid to that. It won't be changing any time soon.
My thoughts on why no other backup hooker exactly.

Pete W

Reaction score
I am comfortable with the current policy...

it sucks for us but I don't want blokes accused of gang-rape or stabbing offences to be allowed to just carry on as NRL stars with no consequences...

sucks if they are found 'not guilty' but it is also an incentive for others not to put themselves in compromised positions to start with...

Hard to feel sorry for them...
De Belin picked up a magotted chick for group sex whilst his pregnant wife sits at home and
Manase is accused of pulling out a knife during a brawl at a church party and stabbing a bloke in the back in front of witnesses
Career ruined over an accusation is not justice. Let the courts judge. That's what they're there for

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
Reaction score
Career ruined over an accusation is not justice. Let the courts judge. That's what they're there for
Don't put yourself in the sh1t position to start with... it ain't like every league player is getting accused of stuff, just those that act like d1ckheads...

personally i don't support rapists and gang-bangers being cheered for throwing a pigskin around whilst they wait for a court date to be set...

mave

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Comp 2021
Reaction score
Don't put yourself in the sh1t position to start with... it ain't like every league player is getting accused of stuff, just those that act like d1ckheads...

personally i don't support rapists and gang-bangers being cheered for throwing a pigskin around whilst they wait for a court date to be set...
Brett Stewart anyone??

Did he put himself in a **** position ?

The police clearly got that one completely wrong.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Reaction score
We have had cust available all season

It amazes me that people seem to forget that Cust was only moved into the halves in mid-2017 during the U/20's premiership run that year. The coach (I forget who it was) decided he had the skills to be a 5/8 which is basically where he's played ever since.

Before that I'm led to believe that Cade Cust mostly played as a hooker.

Reaction score
If Fainu is off to Jail at least we have Cust and Lawton which is much better than what we currently have playing. Croker must be replaced with the best hooker/utility money can buy and then replace Parker and Taufua with the best back up fullback money can buy. Saddler in for Gosiewski.
Happy to retain Siro and Walker on cheaper coin.

The Who

First Grader
Premium Member
Reaction score
Alleged rapists and gang-bangers.

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
Reaction score
Alleged rapists and gang-bangers.
Yeah i mean if/when found guipty they would have been playing and reaping the benefits of the NRL for 2 yearrs despite being rapists/gangbangers...

I get why people disagree with the policy @The Who and no policy is gonna be perfect but i personally I am comfortable with it...

unlike Izzy who I cant stand but i am not comfortable that he has done enough to be banned...

Stewbojevic

Reaction score
Yeah i mean if/when found guipty they would have been playing and reaping the benefits of the NRL for 2 yearrs despite being rapists/gangbangers...

I get why people disagree with the policy @The Who and no policy is gonna be perfect but i personally I am comfortable with it...

unlike Izzy who I cant stand but i am not comfortable that he has done enough to be banned...
I’m comfortable with the policy but there should be a limitation on how long someone sits out before they’re actually proven guilty given the snail’s pace of the legal system

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
Reaction score
Surely the snail's pace at which our justice system works is provoking discussions at NRL headquarters about the so-called 'No Fault Stand Down' rule. It is too big a punishment to ban a player for three seasons (in the case of de Belin) before their guilt or innocence is determined.
My compromise is to stand them down for four matches once they have been charged with a serious offence, then allow them to resume their RL careers. The finding of the court would them determine the future action, or not, of the NRL.

There won’t be a change unless and until it happens to a Roosters player (one they want to keep, not one they want to get rid off - if it’s one they want to get rid of they’ll get a cap exemption).

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Reaction score
Nothing to do with dropping the case, that won't happen. Pre-trial callover mentions are simply standard case management, the purpose is so the judge can make sure the parties are thoroughly prepared, in order to avoid delays when the trial finally begins.

Just hope that delay is not another year owing to Covid backlog

Shoe1

First Grader
Reaction score
Also Shaun Kenny Dowall had his name dragged through mud and he was found not guilty in court.
Not guilty yes, but his antics that were identified as being true (but not criminal) as part of the case justify his mud-name.

Shoe1

First Grader
Reaction score
With fainu, manly can hope, but management should have assumed the worst case scenario and managed appropriately for the likely 48 months of waiting. Anything else is unprofessional.

Kez

Reserve Grader
Reaction score
Since Fainu has been here, whether it's sharing inappropriate images of women, being accused of attempted manslaughter, liking Hopoate's derogatory comments about the club, or smoking those stupid bongs on Instagram with his mate Moses, he's been a complete blight to this club, and one of the main reasons we are struggling on the field.
Thats why its so important to play jack birt in blacktown in the back end of this season ready for a development contract for 22 then full squad 23

Rafferty

Reserve Grader
Reaction score
With fainu, manly can hope, but management should have assumed the worst case scenario and managed appropriately for the likely 48 months of waiting. Anything else is unprofessional.
Spot on.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Comp 2021
Reaction score
Since Fainu has been here, whether it's sharing inappropriate images of women, being accused of attempted manslaughter, liking Hopoate's derogatory comments about the club, or smoking those stupid bongs on Instagram with his mate Moses, he's been a complete blight to this club, and one of the main reasons we are struggling on the field.
You forgot the gang signs in photos.

court83

Reserve Grader
Reaction score
Warriors paying 2.60 to beat us 13+..
Considering our outside backs can't tackle to save their lives and our halves can't create any points I think that's insane .. my punters club $20 went straight on it

Latest posts

2021 Ladder

Team P W D L PD Pts
1 Panthers 6 6 0 0 122 12
2 Rabbitohs 6 5 0 1 87 10
3 Eels 6 5 0 1 61 10
4 Storm 6 4 0 2 86 8
5 Roosters 6 4 0 2 78 8
6 Dragons 6 4 0 2 36 8
7 Titans 6 3 0 3 9 6
8 Warriors 6 3 0 3 -3 6
9 Raiders 6 3 0 3 -12 6