Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The only modicum I’ve heard in a way of a defence, was the lawyer saying early in it was a case of mistaken identity and the wrong guy had been fingered for the crime. Video footage and the testimony of pastors hardly stack the deck in fainu’s favour. I’m still prepared to weight it out and hope he is found not guilty, but the club has really hamstrung us if they didn’t do their due diligence of the case against and re use his existing contract money and the following new contract monies for a new hooker who may actually play a game for manly rather than the silverwater first 13.

If manase is guilty or the evidence and witnesses for the prosecution are strong, it makes the mind boggle even more why the hell we as a club not only neglected to go to the market and sign a decent hooker , but we also extended his contract.

Just ridiculous if that’s the case. Ludicrous.
Assumption is that they wanted to appear "loyal" by sticking by him and keep his brothers/family happy (apparently future stars) & i believe he is tight with a number of players. If he then is found guilty then we simply then go to market once he is in prison (again only assumption).
Hopefully Des has been quietly plotting in the background for a cam mCcinnes or block of cheese type! But yes this is risky as good number #9s are usually snapped up quick!

Just makes you wonder whether it does really register with him the seriousness of his present legal predicament . Might not be of any particular incriminating aspect for him but hardly would seem in his best interests to be still identifying with such questionable entities . Don't think that his Manly footy playing siblings have similar tendencies and surely time to follow their example or better influence A S A P . Maybe also to show a bit more respect to his employer , Manly footy club and its supporters .
Perhaps he's out Hoppa Snr Mark 2.0. Needs to engage brain before speaking or writing.

Assumption is that they wanted to appear "loyal" by sticking by him and keep his brothers/family happy (apparently future stars) & i believe he is tight with a number of players. If he then is found guilty then we simply then go to market once he is in prison (again only assumption).
Hopefully Des has been quietly plotting in the background for a cam mCcinnes or block of cheese type! But yes this is risky as good number #9s are usually snapped up quick!

You are spot on there. If we cut him adrift there may have been a mutiny from the Polynesian boys.

Your right. Checked the link below which states the trial is 26 July.

It also says

He remains on bail and will next appear in a brief hearing on June 25, 2021.

Yeah he was at the Panthers game, not sure if he was shown on TV

The story says: He remains on bail and will next appear in a brief hearing on June 25, 2021.
I guess that is to confirm that all parties are in a position to proceed to trial the following month. It could also mean that the prosecution drops the case. I'm just hoping here and I have absolutely no inside knowledge, but it does happen.

Put simply, we do need Fainu out there, or at least a proper dummy half. But when or more likely if Manase does come back, he will be so short of match fitness it won't be funny. Remember he hasn't played since 2019. Anyone expecting him to instantly transform the team will be in for disappointment.

TBH in the situation we are currently in I actually wished we had kept Danny Levi for at least one more year. Anything would be better than Lachlan Croker as the starting hoooker.

Jesus ... just how bad do things have to be to be wishing Danny Levi was your team's hooker???

Put simply, we do need Fainu out there, or at least a proper dummy half. But when or more likely if Manase does come back, he will be so short of match fitness it won't be funny. Remember he hasn't played since 2019. Anyone expecting him to instantly transform the team will be in for disappointment.

TBH in the situation we are currently in I actually wished we had kept Danny Levi for at least one more year. Anything would be better than Lachlan Croker as the starting hoooker.

Jesus ... just how bad do things have to be to be wishing Danny Levi was your team's hooker???
Agree, Levi was ordinary but at least he knew what to do. Should have been extended for 12 months whilst they looked for a new option from 2022.

PS: I think you need two hooker s these days as it’s such a vital position.

I hope for Fainu’s sake he gets off. For Manly’s sake a guilty or not guilty verdict doesn’t matter anymore. It will simply signal a chance to finally move on. One way or another.

Since Fainu has been here, whether it's sharing inappropriate images of women, being accused of attempted manslaughter, liking Hopoate's derogatory comments about the club, or smoking those stupid bongs on Instagram with his mate Moses, he's been a complete blight to this club, and one of the main reasons we are struggling on the field.

The story says: He remains on bail and will next appear in a brief hearing on June 25, 2021.
I guess that is to confirm that all parties are in a position to proceed to trial the following month. It could also mean that the prosecution drops the case. I'm just hoping here and I have absolutely no inside knowledge, but it does happen.
Nothing to do with dropping the case, that won't happen. Pre-trial callover mentions are simply standard case management, the purpose is so the judge can make sure the parties are thoroughly prepared, in order to avoid delays when the trial finally begins.

Since Fainu has been here, whether it's sharing inappropriate images of women, being accused of attempted manslaughter, liking Hopoate's derogatory comments about the club, or smoking those stupid bongs on Instagram with his mate Moses, he's been a complete blight to this club, and one of the main reasons we are struggling on the field.
Unfortunately every club has their share of off field trouble prone players , N R L can not be exempt from general society 's travails and problems . Think that both Fainu and Suli have now moved to the Northern beaches so if this doesn "t help matters , not too sure what would , even allowing for Fainu "s case coming up in a few months .

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2