rmd

Reserve Grader
Stupid look that he’ll be counselled on however, typical of some young one’s today with no concept of the potential repercussions of what they post on social media can do to potential employment (it’s on there for life) and employers search posts on social media. Just dumb!

Guaranteed he will be hauled over the coals by Des when he sees it, and he will see it.

Unfortunately the image is also likely to be in the press as well, which will not go down well with the ‘top bods’ at Manly, given how they have supported him financially during this time.

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Comp 2021
The wheels of justice in Sydney turn slowly… particularly in these Covid times. I got a jury summons a few weeks ago for the Downing Centre court house, it has been postponed on 3 separate occasions. I come in today for a 9am start, sent for a rapid covid test (fair enough). Hit the jury assembly room by 10am. It is now 1pm and still no jury selection panel process has started… 🙄

I fear for exactly WHEN Fainu will get his day in court!!

The Incomparable Immortal Bob Fulton
Tipping Comp 2021
The wheels of justice in Sydney turn slowly… particularly in these Covid times. I got a jury summons a few weeks ago for the Downing Centre court house, it has been postponed on 3 separate occasions. I come in today for a 9am start, sent for a rapid covid test (fair enough). Hit the jury assembly room by 10am. It is now 1pm and still no jury selection panel process has started… 🙄

I hope you dont get locked up feathered friend

How many years are you looking to get ?

First Grader

Jeez, and you’re a judge right? Imagine how they treat regular people.

Reserve Grader
His brothers are pretty good still worth while from the clubs position not to tip the boat over. But the dragons hat is probably suli related. So maybe the damage is done who knows.

rmd

Reserve Grader
The Dragons cap is assuredly Suli related, as they are best mates and as are Olakau'atu and Schuster, and probably some others as well within the Manly club.

Maybe it was Slothfield who suggested there was some unrest about how some players felt Moses Suli had been treated at Manly. Maybe his pic is just amplifying what Slothfield has heard and a sort of 'thumbing his nose at Manly', demonstrating how upset he is about Moses leaving. Maybe it's just completely an innocent photo, but then to poste it?

It's not a major drama, however it is regrettable and a 'no thought' decision about the potential ramifications of his poste, particularly in terms of sponsorship for Nase. Sponsors won't go anywhere near him, whereas his younger brother, providing he keeps clean and doesn't follow Nase's lead, will have sponsors clamouring all over him.

Manase is apparently a very good leader and if so, he should know better.

I spoke with a great mate of mine over the weekend who is a judge and he used to be one of Australia's top criminal lawyers and he claims that the prosecution will definitely use this type of image to portray Nase's personality in front of a jury, trying to depict him as being a villain. He said, 'it's just more ammunition to place doubt in the jury's mind about his character and the likelihood that he did it'. It doesn't mean he will be convicted, dependent on the evidence, it just doesn't portray him in a good light.

Just a very dumb decision.

Sea Eagle Lach
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Comp 2021
he claims that the prosecution will definitely use this type of image to portray Nase's personality in front of a jury, trying to depict him as being a villain.
Personally I'd say there is zero chance that photo would be admissible at his trial. The fact Fainu smoked and wore a St George cap in 2021 has zero relevance in proving whether or not he stabbed someone on a certain date in 2019. Even in these crazy days of wild conspiracy theories and illogical thinking. Besides which, the prosecution isn't allowed to lead evidence of the accused's character.

If you're talking to the judge again at some point, you might ask whether they think the Evidence Act won't apply in Manase's trial and if not I'd be interested in hearing why!

“ Triggered Boomer”
Premium Member
Tipping Comp 2021
So his trial is August 2022 sometime ??

Or is that just a smokescreen and in reality it could well be anytime , even up to 2023 /24??

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
24 21 3 499 44
24 21 3 390 44
24 20 4 322 42
24 16 8 252 34
24 16 8 141 34
24 15 9 109 32
24 12 12 -143 26
24 10 14 -3 22
24 10 14 -36 22
24 10 14 -97 22