Sea Eagle Lach
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Comp 2021
I think it's July. Covid has played havoc with court timetables so hopefully no more delays. 'Justice delayed is justice denied', or so we've heard.

Reserve Grader
So his trial is August 2022 sometime ??

Or is that just a smokescreen and in reality it could well be anytime , even up to 2023 /24??
Thought it was early July, an August trial doesn't leave Manase much game time if proved innocent. A couple of warm up games in reserves, then hopefully onto the bench in 1st G for the semis. Surely Penn as a bit of sway in high places, need to get an earlier trial date, this is getting to be like the Brett Stewart case on steroids.

The Incomparable Immortal Bob Fulton
Tipping Comp 2021
By the time he is fit and available .. he will be no walk up start to replace Croker ... another 20 games at hooker and the frog will make that position his.
How is Manase going ?

Has he recovered from his operation ?

Is he well enough to resume fitness and contact training ?

IMO if he is in full training with the boys and getting fit and strong,
A place on the bench with short stints building up to longer ones could be the go .

We do need more from our current number nine and more competition from quality players will improve the quality of our team

Tipping Comp 2021
No player owns their number on their back and a place in the top team

All positions on the field should be on lease every week

and only a top performance should ensure a starting spot

The moral of the story ....
Competition eliminates comfort zones
Lifts standards
And brings out the best in players and the team !

Last edited:
Tipping Comp 2021
Own the Game
and you Own the number on your back !
1641859551660.png

Reserve Grader
How is Manase going ?

Has he recovered from his operation ?

Is he well enough to resume fitness and contact training ?

IMO if he is in full training with the boys and getting fit and strong,
A place on the bench with short stints building up to longer ones could be the go .

We do need more from our current number nine and more competition from quality players will improve the quality of our team
Last I heard, the opp was a success, and is training with the team but not full contact as yet.

Tipping Comp 2021
I used to have friend of mine who supported the Newtown jets with players like Kosta , Barry who ? Barry Briggs, Doug Lucas Brian plumber just to name a few of the mediocre plodders

Anyway this mate of mine Les used to get really excited when the Jests had a narrow loss
The poor bastards could not win a game
I grew up next door to Les who was a good bloke but I was never going to support Mediocreness
There was team on the other side of the bridge that were called the Magnificent Manly Sea eagles

Poor Les did not experience the high expectations that I had being a supporter of the greatest club of all and the greatest players and greatest team that at the time dominated the comp and winning 4 premierships in the 70s and since then the ONLY club to win premierships every decade making us the most successful club in the modern era

The moral of the story ...
Never settle for anything less than premiership winning glory from the greatest club of all
Let us never drop our high standards
1639706337179.png

Tipping Comp 2021
Last I heard, the opp was a success, and is training with the team but not full contact as yet.
Thank you for the update @Eagle 1

What I find most inspirational about Manase is his resilience and never say die effort in never giving in to the incredible pressure, misfortunes and adversity he is facing and he is not giving up but giving it his all to get back on the field

Talk about strong character at the highest level !

Manase is one of my favourite Manly players for many , many reasons !

Reserve Grader
Thank you for the update @Eagle 1

What I find most inspirational about Manase is his resilience and never say dies effort in never giving in to the incredible pressure, misfortunes and adversity he is facing and he is not giving up but giving it his all to get back on the field

Talk about strong character at the highest level !

Manase is one of my favourite Manly players for many , many reasons !
This guy is all class, you can't teach this. Des knows what he is capable of, why would the club be going through all this drama if he wasn't.

Tipping Comp 2021
Every squad needs two quality hookers and a couple other players that can fill in if necessary. Faniu and Croker are two different styles of hookers which would work very nicely in combination. Our squad would be well served with both Croker and Fainu fit and available.
We have a high quality hooker in our development squad and it wont be long before he stamps his high quality class in our team

Tipping Comp 2021
We must for ever keep raising the bar of excellence to for ever strive to live up to our Legendary clubs high standard and the Greatest club of all !

1639706337179.png

Tipping Comp 2021
Makes me wonder….. how do you develop a high quality hooker?

Just sayin’
You acquire young talented players with great ability, potential and skill and nurture them

Plenty of high quality young players with great potential came through to greatness in the NRL through development squads

Last edited:
Touch football but with more injuries
Premium Member
Every squad needs two quality hookers and a couple other players that can fill in if necessary. Faniu and Croker are two different styles of hookers which would work very nicely in combination. Our squad would be well served with both Croker and Fainu fit and available.
My squad needs at least two hookers.

There I said it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
24 21 3 499 44
24 21 3 390 44
24 20 4 322 42
24 16 8 252 34
24 16 8 141 34
24 15 9 109 32
24 12 12 -143 26
24 10 14 -3 22