Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
His brothers are pretty good still worth while from the clubs position not to tip the boat over. But the dragons hat is probably suli related. So maybe the damage is done who knows.

The Dragons cap is assuredly Suli related, as they are best mates and as are Olakau'atu and Schuster, and probably some others as well within the Manly club.

Maybe it was Slothfield who suggested there was some unrest about how some players felt Moses Suli had been treated at Manly. Maybe his pic is just amplifying what Slothfield has heard and a sort of 'thumbing his nose at Manly', demonstrating how upset he is about Moses leaving. Maybe it's just completely an innocent photo, but then to poste it?

It's not a major drama, however it is regrettable and a 'no thought' decision about the potential ramifications of his poste, particularly in terms of sponsorship for Nase. Sponsors won't go anywhere near him, whereas his younger brother, providing he keeps clean and doesn't follow Nase's lead, will have sponsors clamouring all over him.

Manase is apparently a very good leader and if so, he should know better.

I spoke with a great mate of mine over the weekend who is a judge and he used to be one of Australia's top criminal lawyers and he claims that the prosecution will definitely use this type of image to portray Nase's personality in front of a jury, trying to depict him as being a villain. He said, 'it's just more ammunition to place doubt in the jury's mind about his character and the likelihood that he did it'. It doesn't mean he will be convicted, dependent on the evidence, it just doesn't portray him in a good light.

Just a very dumb decision.

he claims that the prosecution will definitely use this type of image to portray Nase's personality in front of a jury, trying to depict him as being a villain.
Personally I'd say there is zero chance that photo would be admissible at his trial. The fact Fainu smoked and wore a St George cap in 2021 has zero relevance in proving whether or not he stabbed someone on a certain date in 2019. Even in these crazy days of wild conspiracy theories and illogical thinking. Besides which, the prosecution isn't allowed to lead evidence of the accused's character.

If you're talking to the judge again at some point, you might ask whether they think the Evidence Act won't apply in Manase's trial and if not I'd be interested in hearing why!

So his trial is August 2022 sometime ??

Or is that just a smokescreen and in reality it could well be anytime , even up to 2023 /24??

I think it's July. Covid has played havoc with court timetables so hopefully no more delays. 'Justice delayed is justice denied', or so we've heard.

So his trial is August 2022 sometime ??

Or is that just a smokescreen and in reality it could well be anytime , even up to 2023 /24??
Thought it was early July, an August trial doesn't leave Manase much game time if proved innocent. A couple of warm up games in reserves, then hopefully onto the bench in 1st G for the semis. Surely Penn as a bit of sway in high places, need to get an earlier trial date, this is getting to be like the Brett Stewart case on steroids.

By the time he is fit and available .. he will be no walk up start to replace Croker ... another 20 games at hooker and the frog will make that position his.
How is Manase going ?

Has he recovered from his operation ?

Is he well enough to resume fitness and contact training ?

IMO if he is in full training with the boys and getting fit and strong,
A place on the bench with short stints building up to longer ones could be the go .

We do need more from our current number nine and more competition from quality players will improve the quality of our team

No player owns their number on their back and a place in the top team

All positions on the field should be on lease every week

and only a top performance should ensure a starting spot

The moral of the story ....
Competition eliminates comfort zones
Lifts standards
And brings out the best in players and the team !

Last edited:
Own the Game
and you Own the number on your back !
1641859551660.png

How is Manase going ?

Has he recovered from his operation ?

Is he well enough to resume fitness and contact training ?

IMO if he is in full training with the boys and getting fit and strong,
A place on the bench with short stints building up to longer ones could be the go .

We do need more from our current number nine and more competition from quality players will improve the quality of our team
Last I heard, the opp was a success, and is training with the team but not full contact as yet.

I used to have friend of mine who supported the Newtown jets with players like Kosta , Barry who ? Barry Briggs, Doug Lucas Brian plumber just to name a few of the mediocre plodders

Anyway this mate of mine Les used to get really excited when the Jests had a narrow loss
The poor bastards could not win a game
I grew up next door to Les who was a good bloke but I was never going to support Mediocreness
There was team on the other side of the bridge that were called the Magnificent Manly Sea eagles

Poor Les did not experience the high expectations that I had being a supporter of the greatest club of all and the greatest players and greatest team that at the time dominated the comp and winning 4 premierships in the 70s and since then the ONLY club to win premierships every decade making us the most successful club in the modern era

The moral of the story ...
Never settle for anything less than premiership winning glory from the greatest club of all
Let us never drop our high standards
1639706337179.png

Last I heard, the opp was a success, and is training with the team but not full contact as yet.
Thank you for the update @Eagle 1

What I find most inspirational about Manase is his resilience and never say die effort in never giving in to the incredible pressure, misfortunes and adversity he is facing and he is not giving up but giving it his all to get back on the field

Talk about strong character at the highest level !

Manase is one of my favourite Manly players for many , many reasons !

Thank you for the update @Eagle 1

What I find most inspirational about Manase is his resilience and never say dies effort in never giving in to the incredible pressure, misfortunes and adversity he is facing and he is not giving up but giving it his all to get back on the field

Talk about strong character at the highest level !

Manase is one of my favourite Manly players for many , many reasons !
This guy is all class, you can't teach this. Des knows what he is capable of, why would the club be going through all this drama if he wasn't.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2