Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hodko is #30.

There are 29 players listed on the MWSE website and the missing one is debated to be either Darcy or Mr Plod.

I think it is Darcy and Chip and Chase thinks it's Mr Plod.

We are probably both wrong and it's Gifty or Watmough.:)
If you look at the Top 30 thread

https://silvertails.net/threads/2018-top-30-squad.54364/

there was a link to an article there that more or less listed our Top 30 and they included Mr Plod in that. They were saying that releasing Lussick freed up a spot for us. So that's what I'm basing my assessment on - so nothing more than speculation really. Since this article we have upgraded Suli and signed Hodzjcko - rounding out the 30

The article in question is here

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/04/17...coach-trent-barrett-with-little-room-to-move/

Even as late as yesterday afternoon, the players were still stating Fainu is playing in interviews on the official website. Weird.

Even as late as yesterday afternoon, the players were still stating Fainu is playing in interviews on the official website. Weird.
The club re-applied for the exemption again today - no word on the response yet (I think we can all guess though).
The NRL site has our number 9 down as TBC for the game - I've never heard of him but he can't be worse than Brown ;)

The club re-applied for the exemption again today - no word on the response yet (I think we can all guess though).
The NRL site has our number 9 down as TBC for the game - I've never heard of him but he can't be worse than Brown ;)
I didn’t think three letter word players were flavour of the week at Manly.....

Nate Myles - prop
Should've said
Nate Myles - Poop
myles poop.jpg

If you look at the Top 30 thread

https://silvertails.net/threads/2018-top-30-squad.54364/

there was a link to an article there that more or less listed our Top 30 and they included Mr Plod in that.

I read that thread extensively, contributed to it and read that NRL article as well. Guess I will disregard the article I read that stated that Darcy's spot would not be freed up as we had paid too much of his freight, over this other article.

Now the club website is showing Fainu as part of our 30 while the NRL says he is not.
It would be nice if the club AND the NRL would publish FACTS so we don't have to choose which articles to believe..

Last edited:
Today the NRL added the following paragraph to their Late Mail article about Fainu's selection.

"With their top 30 at this stage filled, upgrading Fainu's playing contract to full-time can only be done if a current player drops out of their squad."

Maybe we are going to drop someone from our squad so Fainu can be upgraded and take that spot.

Last edited:
Today the NRL added the following paragraph to their Late Mail article about Fainu's selection.

"With their top 30 at this stage filled, upgrading Fainu's playing contract to full-time can only be done if a current player drops out of their squad."

Maybe we are going to drop someone from our squad so Fainu can be upgraded and take that spot.
Maybe they were assuming Hastings would have been on the plane to UK by now

I’m pretty sure this is what Kevin Ward 777 means.

Barrett sets the top 30. He has been here three years.He is responsible for our roster Outside the top 13 , the top 30 is full of average backrowers and average three quarters like Funa, Parker and Jono Wright.All these plodders and no second hooker.If they can’t play who cares if they are young or old.

Nearly all the blokes you mention were given a go due to injuries , almost all in the backrow and centre.Suli came here because he knew his old coach and he got a run because Parker and Walker were injured.

Other than maybe Tanginoa and Kelly( who is a star ) they are all average or plodders. Crokers selection was a disgrace.And he basically said he had the 5/8 job regardless of any situation for some reason.In any case the last three years he continued to pick Brown, Myles, Wright etc unless his hand was forced.

These young players in our top 30 were selected by him. Where are the seasoned experienced mid range players to balance the squad? Thompson is the only one he has recruited? Most of them are reserve graders. Giving young reserve graders (who you handpicked ) a go due to injury means nothing except you picked a heap of ordinary players in your top 30 and they unfortunately had to get a run.There was no strategy at all involved.

One kicker in general play and one hooker out of 30 players. The second half of the season will show you the absolute folly of that little piece of wisdom and it may very well be the spoon.

I don't think he sets the top 30 on his own though - as Seibold said when he quit the coaches have not been allowed to do things their way. Looking a lot better at souffs this year too.

Jono Wright for example is contracted and therefore has to be included in the top 30, he was a Bozo acquisition as were Myles and Lussick (although he is more legit)

Without Wright and Myles we could have had Anderson and Fainu in the 30 this year.

Well with announcement that hastings is likely off to the UK, i dare say he was named in the hope Fainu could be upgraded.

I imagine if Fainu is not allowed to play this week he will line up against the riff.

Fainu looks like he'll probably be ready physically. Only 19 but he is the same height as Cameron Smith and 3 kegs heavier.

Look i am deeply concerned with the Brown/Wright hooker combo, particlarly defensively in the middle. They both don't cut it. Arms grabbing, slow off the mark and bad defensive reads. We can beat the Dragons with Jake at hooker. Throw Parker in the middle as well. His defence is top notch. Think outside the box. There is no place for Wright and Brown in the middle unless we want the Dragons to make yardage at will.

I would much rather throw in another forward to cover defensively in the middle, maybe Lane to then act as a second Lock in attack. Have Hodko play from dummy half (but return to the edge in defense) and look for other attacking options from elsewhere - possibly give Kelly (and or T.Wright if he is in) more free rein in attack to act as 5/8th or second fullback.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7