Manase Fainu - Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This sounds promising. Tartak knows for a fact he's not guilty? But doesn't bother to disclose which fact that makes him so sure. Pity no-one told the jury that fact, whatever it is.

The police should charge him for withholding evidence?

He is getting into very dangerous territory talking like that about a case that appears to be on-going.

Not sure if it has been mentioned but does anyone how long the appeal process will take. Is it likely to be 12 months+?

Not sure if it has been mentioned but does anyone how long the appeal process will take. Is it likely to be 12 months+?
I would say let's forget about Manase, the jury decided in just a couple of hours as to whether he was guilty or innocent, so his defence would have to introduce new evidence in any appeal to be successful.
There is a theory that he may be covering up for a friend, but when you think about, what sort of friend would let another friend take all of this heat over the years, lose his career, and go to jail for a crime he did not commit, let's move on from Manase.

The circumstances of this incident occur far too frequently in our society. I cannot understand what possesses a person to bring a knife with them let alone stab another person with it. A young man was stabbed that is an undisputed fact. We are not sure who did it but the jury thought it was MF. Luckily the boy stabbed did not die. Sadly if it was not MF then there has been a miscarriage of Justice. But we will never know for sure but some who are remaining silent do. That silence has more than one plausible explanation.
totally agreed - when I was young when we all went out - I never ever went out thinking gee I might end up in a fight tonight. Never once entered my mind. Now did the odd thing happen when we were out where fisticuffs resulted - yes - rarely but it did. But again never once did you think gee I will take a knife with me. You had your fists and you used them if you absolutely needed to. Fancy sitting therefore before a night out thinking gee I will absolutely get in a fight tonight... AND I will take a knife! What sort of society have we created where that sort of stuff happens now.

AND I will take a knife! What sort of society have we created where that sort of stuff happens now.
Well, this happened at stand off between two groups of students at a northern beaches highschool in 1966. Fortunately, the student who brought the knife did not use it.

We still have the superstar 5/8 Latu and Samuela who is a massive potential forward. We definitely did the right thing and many future western suburbs islander families will see how our club looked after and managed Manase.

Yeah what a reputation. The club that looks after their criminals, but only if they have a talented brother or two.

I would say let's forget about Manase, the jury decided in just a couple of hours as to whether he was guilty or innocent, so his defence would have to introduce new evidence in any appeal to be successful.
There is a theory that he may be covering up for a friend, but when you think about, what sort of friend would let another friend take all of this heat over the years, lose his career, and go to jail for a crime he did not commit, let's move on from Manase.
Manase who ?

Perspective time

Manase is some ones young son who did the wrong thing as all young people do and make the wrong choices and now he is facing the wrath of the law

Yes he will get punished and there is no need to also throw stones at him as well

If we are better people we should pray or hope that he comes out of his difficult time a better person and makes a positive contribution to society

Just think how would you feel if he was your son ?
Before you start posting
If he were my son he wouldn’t be going out at night carrying a knife. It is one thing to get into a fight it is another issue to knife someone.

A person may from time to time get involved in an old fashioned argument that ends up in a punch up …. But someone with a knife is going looking for trouble. You don’t carry a knife to protect yourself you carry a knife with the intention of hurting someone.

I’m sorry … I have sympathy for the knifed kid not Manase.

If Manase played for the eels I don’t think you would be so supportive

Fair enough. However, it's nothing new as I pointed out in the 1966 example above. The antagonists were surfies v. rockers.

I remember being at North Steyne when a rumour circulated that a marauding host of rockers had gotten on a ferry from Circular Quay ... along with scores of others I made my way to the wharf ... but only a bunch of day trippers and 2 old grannies disembarked ...

Too many distractions for our team, despite their best intentions. The guilty verdict to one of their teammates was another deflating moment, little doubt about that.

Too many distractions for our team, despite their best intentions. The guilty verdict to one of their teammates was another deflating moment, little doubt about that.cpa
I'd agree with that. Most players had a dig today, including the Pacificas.

DCE had a shocker. I think the only way he can become more consistent is for Jake to take over the captaincy.

totally agreed - when I was young when we all went out - I never ever went out thinking gee I might end up in a fight tonight. Never once entered my mind. Now did the odd thing happen when we were out where fisticuffs resulted - yes - rarely but it did. But again never once did you think gee I will take a knife with me. You had your fists and you used them if you absolutely needed to. Fancy sitting therefore before a night out thinking gee I will absolutely get in a fight tonight... AND I will take a knife! What sort of society have we created where that sort of stuff happens now.
Prior to the 90's you were considered a weak ass dog if you couldn't handle yourself one on one with your fists, then the gang culture arrived late 80's early 90's along with the Movie "Colours" and Gangsta Rap and every year since it just gets worse.

Now it's considered tough to use a weapon and gang up on one person, pathetic F&^ks.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10