Manase Fainu - Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I wonder what effect the guilty ruling and likely prison term, will have on some of our young islander players that look/ed up to Manase as a leader, especially Haumole Olakau'atu, who hasn't been playing with a lot of enthusiasm/determination lately, particularly in defence ... imho

Perspective time

Manase is some ones young son who did the wrong thing as all young people do and make the wrong choices and now he is facing the wrath of the law

Yes he will get punished and there is no need to also throw stones at him as well

If we are better people we should pray or hope that he comes out of his difficult time a better person and makes a positive contribution to society

Just think how would you feel if he was your son ?
Before you start posting

Perspective time

Manase is some ones young son who did the wrong thing as all young people do and make the wrong choices and now he is facing the wrath of the law

Yes he will get punished and there is no need to also throw stones at him as well

If we are better people we should pray or hope that he comes out of his difficult time a better person and makes a positive contribution to society

Before you start posting
Sorry mate, doesn't wash with me.

You relentlessly bag Brad Parker out as a player yet here you are trying to elicit sympathy for a CONVICTED CRIMINAL.

Your priorities are completely arse-to-elbow.

Yes pretty much. Superior courts do not reexamine witnesses or take new evidence (other than in exceptional circumstances), they go off the transcript of what occurred in the trial and for that reason are always very reluctant to simply second guess juries, who have had the significant benefit of eyeballing witnesses and observing their demeanour up close. Based on the (limited) reporting of this case the jury clearly believed the prosecution witnesses. It appears they were not contradicted by any other evidence aside from Manase's own evidence, which even some Manly fans here found very unconvincing.

If the Court of Criminal Appeal even decides to hear the appeal it would be many months before that happens, in the meantime Manase will be sentenced and I expect will await developments from inside a jail cell.
sad sad sad - what a mess and a waste of a telent

Perspective time

Before you start posting
How would I feel if he was my son?
Embarrassed, ashamed, humiliated, apologetic, flummoxed..pissed off...and wondering where the hell he & l went so wrong.

Yes, as you say all young people make mistakes but the vast majority don't end up in court.

Last edited:
Perspective time

Before you start posting
I think this is a great point. In saying this if he is truly guilty and he knows the truth deep down inside…stabbing another human being in the back!!! like that is a hard crime to get your head around even in the heat of the moment…To add to this ( if he is truly guilty) lying to the people you are closest too about it is also hard to forgive or consider from a redemptive perspective. If he however admitted it and owned his mistake ( again if he is truly guilty) than that could open the door for some kind of understanding…and redemptive path. But at the end of day I doubt any of us on the forum are in a position to truly judge as there is the possibility he still could be innocent but seeing the facts that are out there it is hard too see atm,. But at the end of day a crime like that has a cascading impact upon a lot of people including the perpetrators family and loved ones… as you point out…

The circumstances of this incident occur far too frequently in our society. I cannot understand what possesses a person to bring a knife with them let alone stab another person with it. A young man was stabbed that is an undisputed fact. We are not sure who did it but the jury thought it was MF. Luckily the boy stabbed did not die. Sadly if it was not MF then there has been a miscarriage of Justice. But we will never know for sure but some who are remaining silent do. That silence has more than one plausible explanation.

We still have the superstar 5/8 Latu and Samuela who is a massive potential forward. We definitely did the right thing and many future western suburbs islander families will see how our club looked after and managed Manase.
Up until they realise they may have to wear a rainbow jersey! 😃

Shower Soap GIF

This sounds promising. Tartak knows for a fact he's not guilty? But doesn't bother to disclose which fact that makes him so sure. Pity no-one told the jury that fact, whatever it is.
A little reminiscent of Paul Kent, if you knew what I know about Ricky you'd judge him differently. You don't know, and we're not telling, but judge him differently anyway. Because I am.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8