Manase Fainu, and Church dance, and a sharp object.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that he has needed to hire a lawyer makes me a bit worried. Makes me think that he would be a bit more than an innocent bystander.

Quite possibly it's the difference in the media's approach to the sports in each country.

The press over here seem to either glorify or crucify NRL players, depending on which club they play for.

Compare the sexting scandal that resulted in Sam Burgess' marriage break up to Manase Fainu's Instagram issue.

Which attracted the most bad press?
Burgess

Manly star Fainu turns himself in to police over church brawl

October 29, 2019 —Fainu handed himself into Liverpool Police Station at about 8am on Tuesday morning with his manager Mario Tartak and legal representative,

As revealed by SMH yesterday the incident - which occurred in the Liverpool area last Friday night - attracted the interest of police and the NRL integrity unit. Fainu was part of a large group that attended the function when a scuffle broke out.
The Sea Eagles No.9, whose arm was in a sling while he recovers from shoulder surgery, was caught up in the brawl. Fainu sought to speak to police over the weekend, although police were not available to process him at the time.

Fainu is considered one of the most promising young hookers in the game, as evidenced by Manly’s decision to release premiership-winning dummy half Apisai Koroisau from the final two years of his contract.
The Westfield Sports High product has represented Tonga but, in an indication of how highly he is regarded, NSW coach Brad Fittler met him earlier this year to discuss the prospect of him being available for the Blues.

The NRL was rocked by a spate of off-field incidents last summer, prompting NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg to label that off-season as a “train wreck”.
The Australian Rugby League Commission introduced the ‘no fault’ stand-down policy in an attempt to curb poor behaviour and appease concerned sponsors.

The current off-season hasn’t been without its own drama after Storm forward Nelson Asofa-Solomona was banned for three Test matches for his involvement in a wild brawl in Bali.

Why does he need a lawyer?
He's what? 20? I would think taking a lawyer to a police interview would be a smart idea. It's been stated Nase didn't inflict the injury but footy players aren't known to be rocket scientists and the lawyer's presence and advice could prevent him from saying something dumb which may be twisted the wrong way.
He's Australian but also from a cultural minority which makes him more vulnerable where police and his rights are concerned.
That's my take on it.

No it's not Mormons are a cult with a false book thats a corruption of the bible .... cool

Poor buggers ... so when they pray ... they are just talking to themselves? ... sad .... I hope somebodyhas the kindness to tell them ....

But at least the Christians, Jews, Buddists, Hindu's and Muslims all pray to the same God .... right? ... and thats good ....

He's what? 20? I would think taking a lawyer to a police interview would be a smart idea. It's been stated Nase didn't inflict the injury but footy players aren't known to be rocket scientists and the lawyer's presence and advice could prevent him from saying something dumb which may be twisted the wrong way.
He's Australian but also from a cultural minority which makes him more vulnerable where police and his rights are concerned.
That's my take on it.
It's the lawyer that represented him with his prior "incident" so hopefully he's just there to help keep the conversation on the right path.

Think that the usual Journo suspects will struggle to get a cut through anti Manly story out of this one . After last off season "s controversy for Nase and being an even more high profile figure these days , probably also just being cautious engaging a lawyer with any standard contact with police inquires .

So you’d prefer drop hints and make out like people you know can confirm the young fella is guilty instead... interesting.
It will come down to what the witnesses say. Apparently where the incident actually happened is not under video surveillance. I certainly do not want him to get in any trouble at all. For himself or the club. What I am saying is that, working in the field I do, is that many on here are saying this is the media bashing Manly again. From a mate who was working there, this is not media bashing. I wasn't there but I am just saying there is a lot more to this story than has come out yet.

I know my mate has not been interviewed by the Police but his Father has. In saying that he just saw a disturbance. I don't know many people who would offer to go to the Police to tell their story. Seems unusual to me. I hope he gets through this and if he does he certainly needs to make better choices. He would benefit moving out of the area he lives and moving down closer to the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4