Manase Fainu, and Church dance, and a sharp object.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or more Palestinian/Israeli conundrums; Sunni vs Shia; sectarianism in Ulster; Christian fundamentalists attacking womens’ rights to abortion;* some of the same dills dismissing climate science and science in general.

* With a recurring ability for religions/faiths to thrust their moral compass (cough) into other peoples’ lives and seek influence with governments in a secular society, only to be uncovered as conniving, compromised hypocrites.

Oops sorry, those are religious-based problems.

You opened the door Kev.;)
Mate, I don’t deny for a second that religion can and does cause many problems around the world. It’s just the generalisation and the tarring of everybody who professes to have a faith with the same idiotic/ignorant brush that makes me shake my head. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, there is a whole cacophony of discordant babble in reply to the multitude of other issues facing the citizens of the world today.

The Israeli/Palestinian conflict has gone WAAAY beyond any religious issue. I’ve been there many times over the past 15 years (eleven times in fact.) The majority of Jews who live in the region hardly know anything about their religion, let alone practice it.

Being a Christian doesn’t mean you agree with the corporate Christ of Hillsong, nor does it equate to supporting the historical disgrace that is the Catholic Church.

Aborting a child after 24 odd weeks of gestation is hardly farking humane, big difference to a woman making a mistake and taking the morning after pill, or going to a quack within the first 8 weeks. Better still, hows about having sex with a modicum of responsibility.

And who gives a fcuk if people dismiss science... does it affect science? Will science come to some catastrophic end because certain people question its integrity? Just ignore them, they’re ignorant dills right?

Last edited:
One of the ‘benefits’ of recruiting so many players from western Sydney. Trouble is potentially never far away. Not suggesting he is at fault, but another distraction.

Meanwhile a talented Manly junior (playing in the same position as Fainu) turned out for the premiers in this year’s grand final.

Something about looking after our own juniors comes to mind.
Ill take Fainu any day of the week.

Mate, I don’t deny for a second that religion can and does cause many problems around the world. It’s just the generalisation and the tarring of everybody who professes to have a faith with the same idiotic/ignorant brush that makes me shake my head. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, there is a whole cacophony of discordant babble in reply to the multitude of other issues facing the citizens of the world today.

The Israeli/Palestinian conflict has gone WAAAY beyond any religious issue. I’ve been there many times over the past 15 years (eleven times in fact.) The majority of Jews who live in the region hardly know anything about their religion, let alone practice it.

Being a Christian doesn’t mean you agree with the corporate Christ of Hillsong, nor does it equate to supporting the historical disgrace that is the Catholic Church.

Aborting a child after 24 odd weeks of gestation is hardly farking humane, big difference to a woman making a mistake and taking the morning after pill, or going to a quack within the first 8 weeks. Better still, hows about having sex with a modicum of responsibility.

And who gives a fcuk if people dismiss science... does it affect science? Will science come to some catastrophic end because certain people question its integrity? Just ignore them, they’re ignorant dills right?
The obvious answer about what to believe in is first and foremost the multiverse - because if you believe in that, whatever else you believe in (or don't) is sure to exist somewhere, likely many times over...

The obvious answer about what to believe in is first and foremost the multiverse - because if you believe in that, whatever else you believe in (or don't) is sure to exist somewhere, likely many times over...

I saw that episode of Futurama where they kept popping in & out of alternate realities.

Funniest line was Bender coming back & saying regardless of what universe he went to, the Dave Matthew's Band still sucked LOL

@Mal Cochrane

A whole thread in support of a kid who has again caused issue for the club. Jeez it would be nice to have a few weeks without some stupid player putting themselves in a position that could be avoided.
He may well have done nothing and it all could be a beat up but we dont need the trouble.
Having been in the UK for 20 years in the football bubble has been interesting. It doesn't seem to have the same amount of problems as our game. They get paid 50x the amount and seem to be able to stay mostly out of the spotlight.
I'm getting to the point as a normal bloke doing a normal job getting a normal wage where I think the game needs to come down harder on these guys. They get paid a large amount (in aust terms) so need to realise if they **** up then they could be digging holes for the council next week. I dont give a **** if they play for us for not. You play the game then you play the game....

A whole thread in support of a kid who has again caused issue for the club. Jeez it would be nice to have a few weeks without some stupid player putting themselves in a position that could be avoided.
He may well have done nothing and it all could be a beat up but we dont need the trouble.
Having been in the UK for 20 years in the football bubble has been interesting. It doesn't seem to have the same amount of problems as our game. They get paid 50x the amount and seem to be able to stay mostly out of the spotlight.
I'm getting to the point as a normal bloke doing a normal job getting a normal wage where I think the game needs to come down harder on these guys. They get paid a large amount (in aust terms) so need to realise if they ** up then they could be digging holes for the council next week. I dont give a ** if they play for us for not. You play the game then you play the game....

Quite possibly it's the difference in the media's approach to the sports in each country.

The press over here seem to either glorify or crucify NRL players, depending on which club they play for.

Compare the sexting scandal that resulted in Sam Burgess' marriage break up to Manase Fainu's Instagram issue.

Which attracted the most bad press?

OK so Manise has one arm in a sling, so what with his good arm he has pulled a knife and gone all Jason Vorhes on someone?

Beatup is an understatement, but que Greenberg " this has gone far enough I'm afraid Manly will have to be made an example of, so immediate cap penalty and investigation into the culture of Manly poor player behaviour will not be tolerated especially at Manly"
I'm Todd Greenburg professional c@#t and rabid Manly hater

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8