Lussick released!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Leho

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
Given the football year starts Nov 1st he would have been paid nearly half his cap price so likely we would have just over 200k available.
You would think that would reflect on a new contract signed as it wouldn’t be a full year

Ben

Bencher
Isn’t the smart move to front load payments for next year so we can sign someone then with the space for 2019 and beyond..?

Barrett might think we can win it this year with the addition of someone else ......

MissKate

Bencher
Premium Member
Interesting last bit from Bulldog Ritchie on Triple M

“Darcy Lussick may leave the club as early as this week to go to the English Super League, which would be great news for the club in that it may then free up some money for Trent Barrett to have a crack at a player this year," Ritchie said.
"

This is what I don't understand about the myles scenario. If we release lussick to free up money why are we still paying myles - I am confused

R3

Bird gang affiliate
We could use that money to buy another prop :D hopefully around 27 years old so that he’s about to enter his ‘prime prop’ years? :giggle:

Nah but I hope we don’t let Lussick go without a replacement lined up, whether that’s a Prop or playmaker.. Maybe Manly is using the Cowboys to get Carney registered.. Once they get him approved we can poach him. Less competition at Manly than the cowboys. He’d supposedly be stuck behind JT, Michael Morgan and Te Marie Martin at the cowboys so I’d be happy with Martin or Carney as an extra halves signing. I want to see more games from our current halves and a game or two from Darcy before any decisions are made..
I’ve had too much caffeine!!!!!

Ryan

Journey Man
We could use that money to buy another prop :D hopefully around 27 years old so that he’s about to enter his ‘prime prop’ years? :giggle:

Nah but I hope we don’t let Lussick go without a replacement lined up, whether that’s a Prop or playmaker.. Maybe Manly is using the Cowboys to get Carney registered.. Once they get him approved we can poach him. Less competition at Manly than the cowboys. He’d supposedly be stuck behind JT, Michael Morgan and Te Marie Martin at the cowboys so I’d be happy with Martin or Carney as an extra halves signing. I want to see more games from our current halves and a game or two from Darcy before any decisions are made..
I’ve had too much caffeine!!!!!

Honestly, that's what I'm feeling. Release Lussick, sign Carney for 2 years. Hopefully Suli gets fit super quick (while Jorge is out), and go:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Moses Suli Or Brad Parker
03. Brian Kelly
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Todd Carney
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

I was told he'd actually signed a two year deal with us. Interesting that it's all happening at the same time.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

FOOTY bad boy Todd Carney had taken the next steps on the comeback trail by meeting the NRL integrity unit at Moore Park headquarters this morning.

Carney has reached an agreement to play for the North Queensland Cowboys this season but needs approval from the integrity unit and CEO Todd Greenberg.

With a long list of indiscretions over a decade, the NRL is reluctant to allow the former Dally M champion back into the game after a three-year absence.

Carney played for Northern Pride last weekend in the Queensland Cup and Cowboys coach Paul Green was there to watch him.

“He went okay,” Green said.

“We think he’s still got something to offer.”

NRL sources suggest his contract registration is unlikely to be approved.

Whereas Broncos forward Matt Lodge produced a documented two-year history of counselling, Carney has yet to provide the same evidence of off-field therapy.

Just a bit more on Lussick from Brent Read. Listening to the snippet it seems Lussick will still be allowed to leave and head over to Toronto but Manly will go to the market over the next few weeks to increase depth given that 3 forwards from their Top 30 (or 28 in our case) are no longer available this year.

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/nr...-lucrative-deal/amp?__twitter_impression=true
Id bring in suli and john folau and chase another forward. As smokin jo said sue from tigers is exactly what we need and he knows a few of the boys at manly. They'd be my 3 and at a bargain price.

Next yr offload j.lussick, j.wright, Brown and uate. Then bring in fainu and Anderson plus buy an experienced half to partner chez (even if croker comes good we need depth here) and another forward to complete our squad.

Eagle thru 'n' thru

Reserve Grader
Just a bit more on Lussick from Brent Read. Listening to the snippet it seems Lussick will still be allowed to leave and head over to Toronto but Manly will go to the market over the next few weeks to increase depth given that 3 forwards from their Top 30 (or 28 in our case) are no longer available this year.

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/nr...-lucrative-deal/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Well if Manly is considering going to the market to stock up forwards, my suggestion would be Sam Moa in superleague. He's bit old, but similar to Kelepi in body size and the way he plays. Sign an oldish player (Moa)and maybe two up and coming dudes. Patrick Sipley is off contract this year.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
This is what I don't understand about the myles scenario. If we release lussick to free up money why are we still paying myles - I am confused
Pretty sure that his TPA fell through and Manly tried to offset the current problems by agreeing to pay out his full contract monies - didn't work out it seems :swear:

Myles was as usefull to Manly as Choc was to Parra :cool:

Eagle thru 'n' thru

Reserve Grader
Maybe add Pauli Pauli.
Sam Moa, Pauli Pauli and Patrick Siipley would be the forwards I'd be chasing for the remainder of the 2018 season. Imagine Paseka and Pauli together.....land of the giants!

Eagle thru 'n' thru

Reserve Grader
Id bring in suli and john folau and chase another forward. As smokin jo said sue from tigers is exactly what we need and he knows a few of the boys at manly. They'd be my 3 and at a bargain price.

Next yr offload j.lussick, j.wright, Brown and uate. Then bring in fainu and Anderson plus buy an experienced half to partner chez (even if croker comes good we need depth here) and another forward to complete our squad.

Sue would be very handy signing. I think the experience of Tim Grant would be handy aswell.

Not Paul Kent

Reserve Grader
Call me a dreamer but if the final salary cap ruling goes our way this would be my target.

Out 2018: Lussick
In 2018: Fainu, Suli, Tim Grant

Out 2019: Uate, Brown, Myles, Hastings, Jono Wright, Sironen
In 2019: Walmsley, Gillet, Carney, Anderson, Haumole O

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14