Lussick released!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Nrl.com are reporting this sorry if this has already been posted

Manly Sea Eagles front rower Darcy Lussick could be on the move shortly following the club confirming he will not be offered a new deal for the 2019 Telstra Premiership season.

The 193cm prop is into the third season of a three-year deal with the Sea Eagles and has several offers in front of him.

Reports surfaced on ABC Grandstand on Saturday that the Super League was a possible destination for the 27-year-old forward as a lucrative deal had been tabled by an unnamed club.

Manly confirmed to NRL.com on Sunday that no release had been given to Lussick.

The club also stressed the Beacon Hills Bears junior was not leaving because of the salary cap issues that the NRL integrity unit has been examining.

But the club would not stand in his way if Lussick received a good offer.

A final report into alleged breaches, which Manly has responded to with its own version of events, is due to be released by the NRL on Monday.

The results of that report could affect whether Lussick takes any further part in the 2018 competition, or whether he moves on mid-season to another club.

This is Lussick's second stint at Manly. He played two seasons (2011-12) before three years with the Parramatta Eels. He then returned to the Sea Eagles in 2016.

He suffered a high ankle sprain in the opening set of Manly's trial against the Cronulla Sharks in February but has not made it back to the starting side as yet.

If Lussick did leave the club in the coming weeks, Manly still have depth with Lloyd Perrett, Shaun Lane and Taniela Paseka already backing up their regular starters, Kiwis internationals Martin Taupau and Addin Fonua-Blake.

Wow, that would be the third big bopper gone from last year's pack.
Our depth would be stripped to the bone.
We must have high hopes for Sipley and Paseka ... very high hopes indeed.

• 🤝
Reactions: R3
I’d hate to see or hear of Darcy finally find consistency and form with another club after all the junior years and two stints in our 1st grade squad. He’s 27 so it’s a really turning point for a front rower.
I’m not saying keep him or don’t keen him, I just hope the club take the right time to diligently assess whether he’s suitable for the club’s future plans or not, but consider everything very carefully. I trust that they will do their best

No surprises there. Half way through last year it was Lussick and Hastings being mentioned as potential leavers...be it a swap deal or release to free up cap space. He has been first cab off the rank for a while.

Glad Hastings ended up sticking around or we'd have suffered an embarrassing shut out yesterday.

It would be poor judgement to move him on before seeing him play this year. For all we know he might of ripped in all off season and the high ankle sprain in the trial might have delayed a hungry and focused Lussick. He could see himself as a leader or experienced head amongst the team now that he’s one of the senior forwards.. I hope we find out before any contract decisions.
And as @Woodsie poined out, he might have made a difference in a game like yesterday. It goes to show you need a full squad for a full season and we might need that kind of spark from a forward playing for his next contract

I see your silly penalty.... and raise you some more silly penalties, some more dropped balls, a hair pull, 10 in the bin and all in 11mins until he gets injured again....

This will surprise you Batty old mate .... but from time to time I have been (unfairly) accused of exaggerating ... no no it's true ..... but I now concede that you have me covered in that dep't.

I will stay with my fantasy of Darcy taking it right to Sam yesterday ... and let the dust settle wherever.

He at least got mongrel in him. Given the lip service arnold tapau threw out with addin.
On 16 darcy was very good in a bad season.

If he left would he need to be replaced within our top 30. We’re already only at 28 aren’t we?

But aren’t we about to be fined any amount left to do that??

Only way would seem to be getting rid of one or two decent players and adding kids!

He at least got mongrel in him. Given the lip service arnold tapau threw out with addin.
On 16 darcy was very good in a bad season.
Yep Darcy’s 2016 form was his best season of 1st grade. Shame he couldn’t replicate it last year and now the ankle injury isn’t doing him any favours.

Yep Darcy’s 2016 form was his best season of 1st grade. Shame he couldn’t replicate it last year and now the ankle injury isn’t doing him any favours.
Seems a strange one not to offer a deal given he ws earmarked as starter. This cap issue coming to ahead

Darcy is full of potential, but has been in the middle of the pack in the mid tier prop range for 9 years.

Half a good season here an there, a blinder 1 year maybe, and then back to the pack and the same old ways.

Fully understand why we signed him, actually appreciate him for his passion, but also understand why he would (and probably should) be released.

Time is like a fast running current, but Darcy just keeps bobbing around.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8