LOL @ Tigers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This is not an LOL game. I just had a look at the Tigers squad and that's the strongest they have fielded all year. I hope Dessie and the boys have not penciled this in as a "W" pre game.

I was there when we led Wests 20-2 in the second half on a windy day in 1988 and then lost 24-22 and missed the top 3 second chance and went out of the finals first week.

It's windy now. I'm a little scared of this one,

NYEagle

This is not an LOL game. I just had a look at the Tigers squad and that's the strongest they have fielded all year. I hope Dessie and the boys have not penciled this in as a "W" pre game.

I was there when we led Wests 20-2 in the second half on a windy day in 1988 and then lost 24-22 and missed the top 3 second chance and went out of the finals first week.

NYEagle
Did you have to bring that up…. What a nightmare game that was!!

We did it! 2 coaches sacked in the 1 week ( or 1 day) and before we have
played against them. Must of been the fear of them coming up against us for another shellacking?
I'd like to suggest that Cameron Ciraldo become coach of both the Warriors and Tigers, and any other club that lose their coach this year for that matter. He works the phones hard, puts his CV to everyone, and is a Penrith blooded support coach. What's not to love?. He is amazing and he is everywhere.

Personally, I think it is disgusting that the same names are rolled out every time a coach is sacked, while a proven successful coach like Toovey with the desire to coach and passion for the game that doesn't wave his flag all over the place is ignored.

Shame on them really

NYEagle

Did you have to bring that up…. What a nightmare game that was!!
ohh..sorry dude to put you through this. Were you on the hill that day too?.

Fun fact: Ironically it was the Balmain Tigers that knocked us out in that first week of the finals in a very depressing performance by Manly.

NYEagle

I'd like to suggest that Cameron Ciraldo become coach of both the Warriors and Tigers, and any other club that lose their coach this year for that matter. He works the phones hard, puts his CV to everyone, and is a Penrith blooded support coach. What's not to love?. He is amazing and he is everywhere.

Personally, I think it is disgusting that the same names are rolled out every time a coach is sacked, while a proven successful coach like Toovey with the desire to coach and passion for the game that doesn't wave his flag all over the place is ignored.

Shame on them really

NYEagle

I'm the opposite @NYEagle, I'd hate to see Tooves coach another NRL club - he's just Manly to me, anywhere else would be a travesty.
Just like Fittler's name is being tossed about as a Bulldogs coach, it just doesn't seem right.

I get that some of these guys want to coach but former club captain's, life members etc coaching another club just doesn't seem right and diminishes their legacy to me.

The Tigers will be crap until they bite the proverbial bullet and recognise that they should call Campbelltown home. Forget Balmain, concord and Leichhardt. Develop a following out there and try to emulate Penrith.
The tigers have just had $70m spent on concord so I can’t see them moving away from there any time soon

p.s. I hope you are well

NYEagle
Yeah we ran out of puff after the epic win the week before against the tigers.

Y
I'm the opposite @NYEagle, I'd hate to see Tooves coach another NRL club - he's just Manly to me, anywhere else would be a travesty.
Just like Fittler's name is being tossed about as a Bulldogs coach, it just doesn't seem right.

I get that some of these guys want to coach but former club captain's, life members etc coaching another club just doesn't seem right and diminishes their legacy to me.
You should have told Dessy that before he went to the dogs

Just sayin’

My favorite ever game of rugby league:
If you want to see the exact time a coach says, "I'm done with this team", fast forward to 1 hour, 10 minutes, 14 seconds hahaha - but this is what our legendary team can do to coaches !!
Anderson quit the very next day - but that's when the bullet went through the heart !

• 👍
Reactions: Ned
LOL

Former NRL star Brett Kimmorley will takeover as interim coach for the remainder of 2022. Picture: Darren Leigh Roberts.

Former NRL star Brett Kimmorley will takeover as interim coach for the remainder of 2022.

The Tigers will be crap until they bite the proverbial bullet and recognise that they should call Campbelltown home. Forget Balmain, concord and Leichhardt. Develop a following out there and try to emulate Penrith.
Makes sense. God they're a confusing club. Like where the fuk are they supposed to be from?

My favorite ever game of rugby league:
If you want to see the exact time a coach says, "I'm done with this team", fast forward to 1 hour, 10 minutes, 14 seconds hahaha - but this is what our legendary team can do to coaches !!
Anderson quit the very next day - but that's when the bullet went through the heart !
Haha. Think I remember that moment as well. Nice.

Also... Robbo's hat-trick try, wonderful Rugby League!

Only 4 of the last 15 teams that have sacked their coach mid season,have gone on to win the next week
I was wondering what the stat was on that. Changing coaches used to result in an improved team performance (or at least that was the perception), but I wonder if the frequency of coach bonings and player movement generally has created a sense of apathy

Shame on them really

NYEagle
In fairness to Ciraldo, I don’t think he is angling for any head coaching job. More likely he is doing what Fitzgibbon did - bide his time at one of the heavy weights, on decent coin, and simply wait for the right club with the right roster to become available.

You have to wonder with Tooves though. I would have thought he’d have had another opportunity, but in truth I didn’t perceive him to be the most tactically astute coach out there. More a great coach for a team that has the experience to almost run itself, which is what we had in 2012-15 with Killer, Gift, Kite and Snake leading the way.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4