LOL @ Tigers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Good one Comrade, one of your best. Your foreign Masters will be proud of you.

Can't have those silly Australian's remembering and honoring the sacrifices made by the Anzacs.

Lest we forget .
It would also be great if Australians paid tribute to the estimated 90,000 First Nations people whom died in the Frontier Wars defending Australia from the British.

Those men and women sacrificed also and honouring them should be part of our culture.

Lest we forget

To answer your earlier question
. How does this differ from the Gay pride jersey ...

The obvious Mt. Olympus of difference is that no body is activly forcing your pacifists to don yon kilt and march down George St, in a show of support .

Unlike the the pride situation where the 7 were actively forced into a position of being told to wear it, participate or you will be banned from playing.
To clarify your issue was not with the jersey but with the players being asked to wear it against their wishes?

To clarify your issue was not with the jersey but with the players being asked to wear it against their wishes?

Mark your clarification as a fail ... yon answer was to your question of .. what was the difference ... my answer was the use of punitive measures if they didn't comply ...

It would also be great if Australians paid tribute to the estimated 90,000 First Nations people whom died in the Frontier Wars defending Australia from the British.

Those men and women sacrificed also and honouring them should be part of our culture.

Lest we forget

Absolutely ... organise it ...

All modern jerseys are gross. They are glorified bill boards that often appropriate just causes in the name of making a buck. These special Jerseys should all be binned. If a club wants to get behind a cause it should be through action and not a thinly veiled cash grab. While they're at it they should bin jersey sponsors as well.

It would be an extraordinary short sighted decision to sign with the Tigers. Particularly young stars early in their careers. Focus on short term finical gain may well come at a the price of long term gain and success. I would be very surprised indeed if Schuster seriously considered a move to the the Tigers.

It would be an extraordinary short sighted decision to sign with the Tigers. Particularly young stars early in their careers. Focus on short term finical gain may well come at a the price of long term gain and success. I would be very surprised indeed if Schuster seriously considered a move to the the Tigers.

But .. a 4 year million a year contract to replace Brooks .. is a whole lot more than just a short term gain ... it's set for life stuff.

1. Nice work by his manager
2. If he had the potential to set himself up and his family for life what do you expect? Especially considering the cultural factors in play.

Not something i would think is in his best interest as the long term potential is higher...although he is yet to put together a full year in first grade so who knows!

I suppose his manager is getting used to routinely upgrading his clients mid contract
I assume the general idea would be to extend the term of the contract, with an uprgade. No benefit to the club to simply say "Hey we'll pay you more right now (so please think kindly of us when you can field offers in November)"

The club have to start calling Tartak's bluff. We will lose a few but we'll end up just like the Tigers if we keep getting forced to pay Tigers prices for our players. If Schuster wants to go there at a million a year and guarantee that they'll never be able to afford a top 8 squad, so be it.

Interested to hear from those that were unhappy with the releasing of Fifita and Tuitavake and how it correlates with the current situation with upgrades/extensions to Schuster,Olakau’atu etc.Can they see the reasoning now or do they still see it as a mistake.

yes it would appear he is .I mean I actually thought we upgraded Schu not that long ago last year sometime ?? Happy to be corrected
I think it was earlier this year (pre-season) because his manager was making waves about Schu being guaranteed the 5/8th spot & if he didn’t get it he would walk.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6