[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
HOLD ON - now the NRL has come out today saying the Eels can still accumulate premiership points WITH the 5 Directors/Club officials still at the club?? WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON??!!
They will still deduct the points later in the season should they win the legal battle against those officials. That would be the best.... Parra losing their points twice in the same season.

Weak as piss.

So now it's definitely only a 12 point penalty as obviously the same leniency will be shown in regards to getting back under the cap by the Souths game.

It's just simply not enough of a punishment for 5 years of systematic rorting.

So unfair. The nrl is obviously worried about the media uncovering other clubs cheating the cap. Can't have a "product" when half the teams competing are on zero points.

What a joke.
Melbourne suing parra suing foran suing good luck greenturd.

Seriously, this is a green light for all clubs to cheat. Chances are they won't get caught and even if they do - nothing will come of it. Cheat for 5 years and the worst that will happen is a fine (the equivalent to one headline player's salary for one year), and 12 points. It will be on like Donkey Kong now.

Did we really expect anything other than this from Toggy Greenslime??

He, and the No Real Leadership team should all resign and a CEO with balls be appointed.

I just happen to know of one, an ex coach, with board experience and a real hard head sitting around not doing much at present.

Did we really expect anything other than this from Toggy Greenslime??

He, and the No Real Leadership team should all resign and a CEO with balls be appointed.

I just happen to know of one, an ex coach, with board experience and a real hard head sitting around not doing much at present.
Gallop may have had his faults, but he had kahunas and they weren't waxed. They hammered Melbourne, and rightly so, but take a feather duster to the Eels for a little slap 'n tickle.

Let's face it, in reality winning 12/15 is going to be very tough for the squeals, but check out their draw.

Only the games v the Donkeys/Sharks & Storm are debatable, the others ( us included ) they " should win ', they can get 3 losses and still make it PLUS the NRL will be riding them home with instructions to the refs to ensure the jobs done right.

I'm going to declare here and now that they'll make it, in what will be the Fairytale of all Fairytales and the Chan Nein bosses will be forming a circle to root each other in absolute delight!!

Dead set, I feel sick in the stomach at the thought of the adulation , and the love fests to come.

Gallop may have had his faults, but he had kahunas and they weren't waxed. They hammered Melbourne, and rightly so, but take a feather duster to the Eels for a little slap 'n tickle.

Gallop was a reactionary. That does not equal kahunas. He had his masters, he just pandered to them in a different way.

13ohr1.jpg

Gallop was a reactionary. That does not equal kahunas. He had his masters, he just pandered to them in a different way.
Who had a share in the NRL and owned the Melbourne storm? He had his issues, but he didn't go soft with Melbourne.

Haven't we been saying for months that the NRL seem to be bending over backwards to help lessen the penalty they should be given.

This just keeps getting better and better.......or should that be from bad to worse (for everyone other than doesn't-matta).

Who had a share in the NRL and owned the Melbourne storm? He had his issues, but he didn't go soft with Melbourne.

No TV ratings in Melb to worry about.

But get your point. I always liked Gallop. The fact he got Knifed in the back by the NRL boys speaks volumes for him.

No TV ratings in Melb to worry about.

But get your point. I always liked Gallop. The fact he got Knifed in the back by the NRL boys speaks volumes for him.
Not so much a ratings interest, anything to impact on a team's name, or dare I say brand is a financial issue. Gallop's bosses owned that financial interest and he went all out against them regardless. It was ballsy and the right thing to do in my view. He had issues for sure, and did Brett and Manly no favours, but he wasn't soft on Melbourne when he absolutely could have.

Greenburg on the other hand has looked to appease all parties except the game itself. The fans, the fans he says - Parra fans yes, but what about the larger majority of fans? He would trot out a line such as "well I believe all true rugby league fans would want to see Parra playing for points" - what rubbish.

People want the game to have some integrity, and not become a complete farce like this has become.

How about this for a, quite conceivable, hypothetical:

Eels win their 12/15 and scrape into 8th. With a record like that they are clearly the form team of the comp. They would have won the minor premiership if not for the 12 points stripped.

The Bulldogs finish 5th because their for and against is slightly inferior to a team who finishes 4th - (I picked the Bulldogs because they played the Eels twice when the Eels weren't playing for points, so their win/loss ratio and points differential are already adversely effected by the Eels' cheating, arguably more than any other club)

The Bulldogs, who justifiably could have finished in the top 4 if not for the Eels cheating, are then thrust into a sudden death game against the cheating Eels, which the Eels would no doubt be red hot favourites to win.

The whole idea of the top 8 system is that the team finishing 1st is better than the team finishing 8th. Having Parra there at the tail end stuffs the whole dynamics of the finals.

This is why the only sensible solution was to disqualify the Eels from this years comp. It's not like they didn't have fair warning and they only have themselves to blame.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11