[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I wouldn't be too worried about the insurance payout. Working in and around that space for 20 years its unlikely Choc will get his $'s from them based on what little facts we the general public can garner.

Choc will get paid, for that you can thank the doesntmatta leagues club pokies, and rest assured he has that guarantee somewhere.

The bloke was a legend who became a joke. At least he will be a rich joke, sadly not the mildly well off legend we all hoped he would be.

I'm happy he gets paid , more fool the Squeals for signing a crock, his Manager is a dead set legend to get that money for a broken down hack is breathtaking.

However, it should go against their cap space , this whole " retire and we will ignore it" is total, absolute and complete bull****!!

Manufactured by Greenslime to keep the Nein boys happy.

This smells worse than my caravan toilet after 7 days in the bush!!!

Last edited:

sheridanstand78

First Grader
The longer this goes the more a white wash it appears to be. The NRL have failed in their most important task. protecting all the clubs and making the competition fair and transparent. There is a realistic chance that a team who for part of this season at least is illegal, could feature in the finals at the expense of a club who was legal for the full season. Greenturd has failed miserably in his duty of care.

The decision announced is more about protecting the self interest of the media rather than fairness. Greenturd has failed the first major test of his tenure. He has now set a precedent for how a club can systematically rort the cap and still be allowed to compete.

Our game is run by amateurs!!

Shoe1

Journey Man
Has anyone else noticed that Anthony has been very quiet in the media this season after being so over exposed last year. I reckon someone at parra told him to lie low because he couldn't be trusted to not put his foot in his mouth about the injury. This whole dodgy retirement ruse has been brewing for a little while.
The daily outrages from his club have taken up all the column inches! Poor Choc couldn't get a headline even if he tried these days.

StuBoot

Bencher
I'm happy he gets paid , more fool the Squeals for signing a crock, his Manager is a dead set legend to get that money for a broken down hack is breathtaking.

However, it should go against their cap space , this whole " retire and we will ignore it" is total, absolute and complete bull****!!

Manufactured by Greensline to keep the Nein boys happy.

This smells worse than my caravan toilet after 7 days in the bush!!!

I hit the agree button for your post but can't vouch for your caravan toilet!

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I hit the agree button for your post but can't vouch for your caravan toilet!

Actually it's not too bad , modern chemicals do wonders, but when you empty the bloody thing ( which my wife refuses to do ) well let's just say there's better jobs than that!

simon64

It's not a lie, if you believe it.
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Another first for BoChoc.

He will become the first player to have his career ended by a team mate.

Honestly, how dumb does Greensnot think we are ? He's come out acting all tough when in reality, he's presided over the mostly thinly veiled get out of jail free plan ever.

I hope some Bunnies fan makes a massive "CHEATS" sign for next Friday night.

Eagle1

Reserve Grader
I'd be quite happy for the teams that lost to these slimy cheaters,to pursue any legal rights just in case,that if they were to miss the 8 by loosing to them,then go for it,the nrl will have a lot to answer.

silvertail

Reserve Grader
Agree. Posted this on Facebook last night:

I'm well aware that most footballers are not rocket surgeons, but I'm just going to put this out there:

If your employer (or someone on their behalf) is giving you cash payments on top of your salary, you know there is shonkiness afoot.

If a $300 000 boat turns up in your driveway after you've agreed to vary the terms of your original contract, you know there is shonkiness afoot.

If your employer pays your wife several hundred thousand dollars for carpentry work (and your wife is not a carpenter and has not done that work), you know there is shonkiness afoot.

If a club sponsor pays you and a couple of teammates tens of thousands of dollars for a couple of hours' work as a security guard, there is shonkiness afoot.

If you sign two copies of a contract, and there are different terms and amounts on both, there is shonkiness afoot.

I have to sit through a 'death by PowerPoint' presentation every year, so that I don't have a leg to stand on should I decide to take payments under the table or surprise gifts from stakeholders...why are NRL players apparently not getting similar training? Wouldn't be hard to slot it in amongst the 'don't do drugs' and 'don't be a rapist' training, surely?

Stop taking the fans for fools.
Valid points. The rot started when we were expected to beleive that prior cheating players and coaches pleaded ignorance. As if. It's the actual cheating players, coaches and admin that should be banned for the year ... But we couldn't dare have done that to the precious darling big 3.

KOMORI

Born and bred an Eagle
Not sure @Mark from Brisbane . Would like to hope others are just as pissed as us.
Realistically, Storm and Dogs fans should be ropeable. Like burning down stadiums....oh hang on that's Parra's go lol...

"Mr Integrity" has honestly given them an extremely light punishment.... however, given his track record of sweeping incidents under the carpet, and giving offenders a light slap on the wrist, well we couldn't expect any more really.

As I stated earlier, we'd have been dumped from the comp for similar indiscretions, and moved to Gosford permanently as the Mid Coast Bears or some sh*t..

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Realistically, Storm and Dogs fans should be ropeable. Like burning down stadiums....oh hang on that's Parra's go lol...

"Mr Integrity" has honestly given them an extremely light punishment.... however, given his track record of sweeping incidents under the carpet, and giving offenders a light slap on the wrist, well we couldn't expect any more really.

As I stated earlier, we'd have been dumped from the comp for similar indiscretions, and moved to Gosford permanently as the Mid Coast Bears or some sh*t..
I read it differently. This was a board level thing they have been forced out of work for their fraud which is great.

They also know there is no way they will get under the cap and comply with everything else by round 10 so they will keep losing points. Their season is over

What is wrong is that they were able to pick up Jennings when still over the cap that is the sort of stuff that really was wrong

Eagleheart

Bencher
Anthony Watmough confirms he will retire as Parramatta finalise salary cap plan

Date May 5, 2016 - 7:04PM

Chris Barrett
Sports Writer

Parramatta hope to convince the NRL that they should only have to trim as little as $150,000 from their salary cap this year in order to be playing for points against South Sydney next Friday, a figure that would comfortably be achieved with the retirement of Anthony Watmough.

The Eels on Thursday submitted an application to League Central requesting that Watmough be declared to have a career-ending injury and thus removed from the cap. Hours later the veteran back-rower confirmed he was prepared to retire to do "the right thing by the club".

The club is still facing a race against time to be cap compliant for round 10, however, as the NRL awaits the outcome of action taken by five officials implicated in their breach notice in the Supreme Court on Friday before Brad Arthur's team can be given the green light to be competitive.

The Eels were told on Tuesday they must strip $570,000 from their top-25 roster in order to play for points next Friday and begin an ambitious quest to win 12 from their remaining 15 games and reach the semi-finals.

Parramatta's internal point man on fixing their cap dilemma - former NRL salary cap auditor Ian Schubert - has produced a plan to take to headquarters.

Fairfax Media has been told by sources at the Eels that they were under the cap by $200,000 as of last month. Schubert's latest sums, which include the exit of Ryan Morgan to Melbourne and third-party deals they've subsequently been breached for, are understood to have them in a best-case scenario having to shed about $150,000 from their roster.

The retirement of Watmough would easily cover that, particularly if the NRL agreed to backdate his career-ending injury and remove his full $700,000 contract from this year's figures.

"I've got no doubt in my mind what I have to do if it comes to that, and if it comes to that I've got no hesitation in doing the right thing by the club," Watmough told Channel Nine on Thursday night.

The Eels believe there are some anomalies in the way the NRL has calculated their cap position including some entries being double counted and are looking to work through them with salary cap auditor Jamie L'Oste Brown.

The NRL indicated on Thursday their cap blowout could be revised during the preliminary breach notice period based on discussions with L'Oste Brown, with a similar development occurring last year when a $525,000 fine for other cap excesses was later reduced to $465,000.

With Watmough's retirement appearing to be the problem solver the principal stumbling block for the Parramatta players remains the legal action taken by chairman Steve Sharp, directors Tom Issa and Peter Serrao, chief executive John Boulous and football operations manager Daniel Anderson against the NRL. The five are back in court on Friday after being granted an injunction against suspensions that were handed to them as they were asked to show cause why they should not be deregistered.

Another Eels director, Parramatta Lord Mayor Paul Garrard, said on Thursday the club would be "disputing a lot of what is in the breach notice" and maintained they were under the cap for this season.

"I support the documentation put forward by Ian Schubert and there clearly needs to be some interpretation of the breach notice in terms of the figures they've presented," Garrard said.

"They haven't given us any metrics of what they are, where they come from. It wasn't in the breach notice where they got the figures from."

Garrard was confident, however, that Arthur's team would be playing for points against Souths.

"A dialogue will be created between the NRL [and the club], and it will need to happen smartly, to enable the Anthony Watmough issue and the salary cap issue to be addressed prior to tomorrow week and to get that team on the field," he said.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/anthony-watmough-confirms-he-will-retire-as-parramatta-finalise-salary-cap-plan-20160505-gong2h.html#ixzz47nCp6UJv
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

Eagleheart

Bencher
Former Eels boss Scott Seward asked NRL CEO Todd Greenberg for advice on third party agreements
Date May 5, 2016 - 10:00PM
Michael Chammas and Chris Barrett

Former Parramatta Eels chief executive Scott Seward approached NRL CEO Todd Greenberg for advice on third-party agreements, recordings from a Parramatta board meeting in 2013 reveal.

Fairfax Media has obtained the transcript provided in the breach notice the NRL handed to Parramatta on Tuesday which mentioned Greenberg, however the NRL boss has denied providing any advice that contravened NRL rules in regards to third-party payments.

The transcript also identifies plans from football manager Daniel Anderson, in which he talks about lowering player salaries and replacing them with third-party agreements as to clear space in the salary cap.

Fairfax Media can also reveal Seward contacted Greenberg last month, asking for advice on whether he should agree to be interviewed by the NRL to assist their salary cap investigation into Parramatta.

Seward, who is a close friend of Greenberg from their time together at the Bulldogs, admitted in the December, 2013 board meeting to have sought feedback from Greenberg about the way Canterbury handled third-party agreements during his tenure as club chief executive.

Eels club officials discussed the need to implement third-party agreements at the January board meeting, with Seward referencing his conversation with the now NRL boss, who was listed as Seward's referee when he applied for his job at Parramatta.

"We do need, and what we'll do, is we'll actually sit down and go through TPAs as a whole," Seward said in the meeting.

"There's a few different options. I've spoken to Greenberg about the way that Canterbury, and the best options. I've spoken to [Wayne] Beavis to tell us how f--ked we are, um, and the like.

"But it is a case of sitting down and working out the best way we can do it. Because right now we are batting this game with one arm tied behind our back. The Roosters have probably got $1.5 million in TPA, and that's fair, that's the game. That's the way it is."

A spokesman for the NRL said any advice Greenberg provided to Seward on third-party agreements was in accordance with the rules.

There was great conjecture last month when Seward met with the NRL to give his version of events, with Parramatta asked to waive a non-disclosure agreement to allow their former CEO to testify against the club.

Seward was torn about whether he should tip the bucket on his former colleagues and went to Greenberg for advice.

An NRL spokesman confirmed the exchange, saying: "Mr Greenberg advised Mr Seward by text to have an open and honest discussion with the head of the integrity unit, Nick Weeks, and to provide any evidence he had."

The Eels were desperate to save money on their salary cap and devised a plan, which was in breach of the NRL's rules, to reduce the salary of certain players and replace them with third party agreements.

Such a ploy would free space on the salary cap, however the NRL picked up on the conversation during their thorough investigation.

"Yeah we can make the contract variation, cause we've got until March 1," Anderson said in the meeting.

"So we can find one in February, make a contract variation to a player's contract, take it off their salary, give it to them in a TPA, and the salary cap value comes down."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/former-eels-boss-scott-seward-asked-nrl-ceo-todd-greenberg-for-advice-on-third-party-agreements-20160505-goneie.html#ixzz47nIzVLxW
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

KOMORI

Born and bred an Eagle
I read it differently. This was a board level thing they have been forced out of work for their fraud which is great.

They also know there is no way they will get under the cap and comply with everything else by round 10 so they will keep losing points. Their season is over

What is wrong is that they were able to pick up Jennings when still over the cap that is the sort of stuff that really was wrong
Initially that was pretty much my exact read on it, but after a little thought (and one or two beers) I realized that they do still have a glimmer of hope for this season... A glimmer of hope that they do not deserve and I sincerely doubt that we would have been afforded if this were Manly caught rorting the cap.

What I do agree on is that there's little chance of them complying in time to earn points, especially given that the numpty board members want to fight this in court, and shedding approximately $570k of cap space ain't gunna be easy either, even with the post above reporting that Watmough is in fact retiring..

Even more annoying is us having to give up players to stay cap compliant, whilst they kept snapping up stars and then some...

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Initially that was pretty much my exact read on it, but after a little thought (and one or two beers) I realized that they do still have a glimmer of hope for this season... A glimmer of hope that they do not deserve and I sincerely doubt that we would have been afforded if this were Manly caught rorting the cap.

What I do agree on is that there's little chance of them complying in time to earn points, especially given that the numpty board members want to fight this in court, and shedding approximately $570k of cap space ain't gunna be easy either, even with the post above reporting that Watmough is in fact retiring..

Even more annoying is us having to give up players to stay cap compliant, whilst they kept snapping up stars and then some...
Some would say that giving them hope is the ultimate cruelty.

Put yourself in their shoes. Stripped of all our points but we can still almost make it....no wait our board screwed us again. Damn

KOMORI

Born and bred an Eagle
Some would say that giving them hope is the ultimate cruelty.

Put yourself in their shoes. Stripped of all our points but we can still almost make it....no wait our board screwed us again. Damn
It's enough to bring a tear to a glass eye ;)

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Shubert.

What a joke.

I almost fell off my chair laughing at the irony that he has found the eels are under the cap.

The guy's tenure at the nrl was totally incompetent. All he found was small infractions and even then only when clubs owned up to them.

dogs and storm...well their cheating wasn't discovered through his amazing investigative techniques.

Gotta give it to Parra...if you wanted to keep hiding salary cap breaches then you get the guy in charge who couldn't find snow if you dumped him on the north pole!

*allegedly*

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Shubert.

What a joke.

I almost fell off my chair laughing at the irony that he has found the eels are under the cap.

The guy's tenure at the nrl was totally incompetent. All he found was small infractions and even then only when clubs owned up to them.

dogs and storm...well their cheating wasn't discovered through his amazing investigative techniques.

Gotta give it to Parra...if you wanted to keep hiding salary cap breaches then you get the guy in charge who couldn't find snow if you dumped him on the north pole!

*allegedly*
It gets better GE.

According to Greenturd, Schubert was hired late last year as part of Parra modifying their governance, so that their 4 point penalty is waived.

He then finds the inflated invoices and notifies the Board to self report as the TPAs are non compliant.

Parra board promptly fires Schubert.:rofl:

Schubert promptly notifies NRL:D

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It gets better GE.

According to Greenturd, Schubert was hired late last year as part of Parra modifying their governance, so that their 4 point penalty is waived.

He then finds the inflated invoices and notifies the Board to self report as the TPAs are non compliant.

Parra board promptly fires Schubert.:rofl:

Schubert promptly notifies NRL:D

You couldn't script this nonsense!! lol

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
14 10 4 118 24
15 10 5 77 24
15 9 6 161 20
15 8 7 64 20
14 8 6 60 20
15 7 7 28 19