[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Hari Krisna, Budda's waiting for his Dalai message.
Put down your bloody tambourine and communicate!

I admire any loyal team supporter actually. There's somewhat of a culture among younger people to jump on winning bandwagons and have a collection of several team jerseys - lack of loyalty has spread to some of the new generation fans.

Stick with your slimy, murky river dwellers and we'll stick with our majestic eagles.:p
It's all under control Nicci. I do get his point. It would be disloyal of @Eelectric to one day stop being a scummy Eels fan and suddenly become a mighty Sea-eagles fan.

But Parra's doing its best to turn @Eelectric into a Manly fan incrementally - one recruit at a time - Hoppa2, Gower, Arthur, Choc, Hasson, Foz, etc. It's happening without him even being aware.

@BOZO, I don't like to make promises I can't keep. Best I can offer , in this present moment, is not sacking DCE & Nathan Green from my Supercoach team - for this week. Green in particular has been a disappointing flop. Thank God I passed on Walker. Dodged a bullet. Keep you posted Next week.

You would be insane to drop DCE from your supercoach anyway. He got like 50 points despite having minimal attacking stats. If 50 points is a player's base score then they are a pretty handy SC player.

This isn't a very complicated situation.

Have there not been enough precedents set in this regard ?

They intentionally overspent in an attempt to gain unfair advantage. The hilarious thing is it was an unmitigated failure.

Nonetheless, they must cop the same punishment the previous two transgressors got. Surely the muppets at the NRL were doing a quick mental calculation as all these contracts were being sent in.

Make them play for zero points this year. Foreign will be wrapt. Bashing himself every week for no reason. Too funny. :rofl:

As I'm currently seeing it, the perfectionist values elimination of suffering, the pragmatist values freedom of suffering.

The perfectionist starts with rejection. He works hard to turn himself and the world into the images of perfection he constructs. Always fighting against what is.

The pragmatist starts with acceptance. Warts and all. Pain or no pain. It is what it is. So freedom is always already there. There is nothing to do, nothing to change. His focus is on seeing, and seeing clearly naturally brings change. When we clearly see the hole in the ground in front of us, no extra effort is needed. We naturally walk around it.

Well written @Rex. Like it. Clear , concise & insightful. You inspired a little bit of thought on this.

The Pragmatist sounds like an offer too good to refuse, Rex, lol.

Based on sound reasoning of what is clearly 'observed' , experienced & understanding dualism without being entrapped by it. Clearly seeing light comes with shadows, roses come with thorns, that with great hopes & expectations also comes great fears.

Not fighting what is, being present with reality, as It Is. In some ways it's more passive, founded on a clear understanding of past & present.

Perfectionism is founded on ideas & varying degrees of attachment & imprisionenent to those idealisations, fighting , rejecting other 'ideas' & things that don't fit the 'self-created' mould.

In some ways this reflects a more active mindset, trying to control the future, too, borne out of creativity, endangered by holding too tightly to those idealisations, where the more rigid the dogma, the more brittle and reactive the mindset & the more harm potentially created.

Perhaps there's a third door. A happy offspring of the marriage (pardon the pun), using the underlying qualities & possibilites of both.

In quiet moments , padded walls if necessary, the perfectionist paints their masterpiece on the blank canvas. The great & not so great ideas, with great hopes & great possibilities, potentially, seeds of goodwill & great work.

The Pragmatist knocks on the door holding dinner , long forgetten by the painter, noting 'don't forget where you are'.

You would be insane to drop DCE from your supercoach anyway. He got like 50 points despite having minimal attacking stats. If 50 points is a player's base score then they are a pretty handy SC player.

Yep, you're right. Had DCE last year. Wasn't disappointed.

Whilst on halves, get onto Moses Mybe. Hope he keeps the goalkicking. Really kicking myself at the lack of courage. I baulked out at the last minute , 7.55pm Thursday, using him as VC (using Henry as the loophole ) this week. He's on 140 odd. Damn.

Well written @Rex. Like it. Clear , concise & insightful. You inspired a little bit of thought on this.

The Pragmatist sounds like an offer too good to refuse, Rex, lol.

Based on sound reasoning of what is clearly 'observed' , experienced & understanding dualism without being entrapped by it. Clearly seeing light comes with shadows, roses come with thorns, that with great hopes & expectations also comes great fears.

Not fighting what is, being present with reality, as It Is. In some ways it's more passive, founded on a clear understanding of past & present.

Perfectionism is founded on ideas & varying degrees of attachment & imprisionenent to those idealisations, fighting , rejecting other 'ideas' & things that don't fit the 'self-created' mould.

In some ways this reflects a more active mindset, trying to control the future, too, borne out of creativity, endangered by holding too tightly to those idealisations, where the more rigid the dogma, the more brittle and reactive the mindset & the more harm potentially created.

Perhaps there's a third door. A happy offspring of the marriage (pardon the pun), using the underlying qualities & possibilites of both.

In quiet moments , padded walls if necessary, the perfectionist paints their masterpiece on the blank canvas. The great & not so great ideas, with great hopes & great possibilities, potentially, seeds of goodwill & great work.

The Pragmatist knocks on the door holding dinner , long forgetten by the painter, noting 'don't forget where you are'.
My Goodness Electric at a glance your scribble seems quite articulate at closr inspection it is complete gibberish mate.lol.
Holy crap I cannot envisage this kind of back and forth on one eyed eel. Should be a good game tonight against the Cowboys.

My Goodness Electric at a glance your scribble seems quite articulate at closr inspection it is complete gibberish mate.lol.
Holy crap I cannot envisage this kind of back and forth on one eyed eel. Should be a good game tonight against the Cowboys.

@Red Pill , lol. Nope wouldn't happen on 1EE . See the dangers of writing what you're thinking out aloud ? I forgot to put a few disclaimers in there.

We really need a win. Last week Broncos, this week Cowboys & media bashing. The only way is up, against all odds.

Last edited:
The new Eels logo, with the caption underneath "Did we do somëthing wrong?

4146464-electric-eel.jpg

Eelectric....you are one of only 4 Speels fans I know of that actually seem to have a working brain in your head (the other 3 live in Adelaide lol).

The world does not make sense any more.

Hari Krisna, Budda's waiting for his Dalai message.
Put down your bloody tambourine and communicate! There's somewhat of a culture among younger people to jump on winning bandwagons and have a collection of several team jerseys - lack of loyalty has spread to some of the new generation fans.

Stick with your slimy, murky river dwellers and we'll stick with our majestic eagles.:p

Do you remember a time [ it might have felt like yesterday ] ..

When you were talking to someone, thinking you were listening to an older person who didn't swing with the times anymore, living in a different epoch ?

Sorry @niccipops , couldn't resist having a poke at that Freudian slip.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10