[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Captain Moondog

Absolute Superstar
Transmigrated now, if he'd stayed with Manly he would have reached a higher realm.
Anyway, I'm starting to talk **** again......follow me to the music thread, if you dare......>>>>>>>>>>>
Wow,that was unimpressive....ok, I'll just drink by myself then!

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Good work Bozo, Glad to see you've stepped up & got with the programme.
Unless you turn away from your corrupt and embarassing eels you will never be up with the programme .
Why don't you do the right thing by your self and do what your mate Ray Higgs has done and join up with the mighty Sea eagles !!!

Eelectric

The atmosphere is Eelectric..
Unless you turn away from your corrupt and embarassing eels you will never be up with the programme .
Why don't you do the right thing by your self and do what your mate Ray Higgs has done and join up with the mighty Sea eagles !!!

@BOZO, I don't like to make promises I can't keep. Best I can offer , in this present moment, is not sacking DCE & Nathan Green from my Supercoach team - for this week. Green in particular has been a disappointing flop. Thank God I passed on Walker. Dodged a bullet. Keep you posted Next week.

Turbo

Bencher
@BOZO, I don't like to make promises I can't keep. Best I can offer , in this present moment, is not sacking DCE & Nathan Green from my Supercoach team - for this week. Green in particular has been a disappointing flop. Thank God I passed on Walker. Dodged a bullet. Keep you posted Next week.
I can't wait when walker rips up parra in round 7 geez that'll be nice to watch.

Rex

Bencher
Appreciated that post @Rex . One reason I enjoy your posts, other than for their intelligence is your intent towards 'truth'. Seeing what Is , clearly.

That 'unconditioned' "enquiry" or "attention" mode you refer to reminds me of some conceptions spiritual practitioners commonly use, especially Buddhist based ones.

Your thoughts share an interesting parallel.

The famous forest Thai Buddhist Theravadian monks (influencing schools Australia, too) in particular use an 'Observation' technique (Vipasana) that becomes deeper & deeper, starting with observation of breath, awareness of ones inner body workings, thoughts, feelings - as starting points. It gets mind blowing after that.

Tibetan Mahayana & Tantric Buddhism schools (more 'mantra' & intent based as opposed to Theravadian Vipasana practices) take it much further, conceiving a stream of 'unconditioned' consciousness ("pure light") that acts, say, like a blank canvas or background, which forms the basis for 'conditioned' thoughts & feelings to arise out of, much like bubbles arising out of water or waves from the ocean.

Anyway, that stuff interests me.
When you came onto this site, expecting you were another Parra troll with malicious intent, I gave you heaps to see how you would respond. You took it all and replied with flexibility and good humour showing you're one tough little bugg&r EE. The reason seems to be because you don't have an easily detectable ego to defend. You take what continues to be dished out without reactive defensiveness. So it was no surprise that you've done internal work of the style of Buddhism. Clearly you're at the high end of emotional intelligence, so I enjoy watching what you do, how you do it, and learning.

As for truth, well, all I reliably know from my enquiries is that "This is this" is true. And "This is that" is imaginary. And so our first pure perceptions before recognition, before labelling, before interpretation, before analysis, are real. You called it the blank canvas, and I'm suggesting this is it, pure perception/pure consciousness. And everything which is a model of the world (everything else) is imaginary. Despite what our minds scream at us about reality, incredibly, we construct (imagine the story of, and imagine the meaning of) the world we perceive.

So our first (and only) task in seeking truth is discovering what is not true. When the unreal is put aside, what remains is real.

Eelectric

When you came onto this site, expecting you were another Parra troll with malicious intent, I gave you heaps to see how you would respond. You took it all and replied with flexibility and good humour showing you're one tough little bugg&r EE. The reason seems to be because you don't have an easily detectable ego to defend. You take what continues to be dished out without reactive defensiveness. So it was no surprise that you've done internal work of the style of Buddhism. Clearly you're at the high end of emotional intelligence, so I enjoy watching what you do, how you do it, and learning.

As for truth, well, all I reliably know from my enquiries is that "This is this" is true. And "This is that" is imaginary. And so our first pure perceptions before recognition, before labelling, before interpretation, before analysis, are real. You called it the blank canvas, and I'm suggesting this is it, pure perception/pure consciousness. And everything which is a model of the world (everything else) is imaginary. Despite what our minds scream at us about reality, incredibly, we construct (imagine the story of, and imagine the meaning of) the world we perceive.

So our first (and only) task in seeking truth is discovering what is not true. When the unreal is put aside, what remains is real.

@Rex you're too kind, brother & again appreciate the wisdom. I'm far from being free of the typical garden variety fears, egoistic insecurities, sarcasm & pride.

Btw, Your unexpected response to my initial rant (where I 'inaccurately' assumed a xenaphobia) literally stopped me in my tracks. I stood back & recognised a well intentioned clarity in how you 'saw', coupled with a caring 'family-like' protectiveness of the integrity of this site.

Really good point re the discovery of 'non truths'. Have also found it useful knowing what you 'don't really want (or need)' when subscribing to the 'not knowing what I really want but I really want it All ' camp. A not unpopular yet disconcerting , holiday destination.

Agree with you re "pure perception" & "pure consciousness". Though I'm no master of it, staying there , dissolves common preconceptions of time, space & death, that also inevitably engages your heart.

Never expected to be having this kind of conversation on a footy forum, but well, it is what it is..

Last , but not least, we are now officially 'bromancing'.. ;)

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
@Rex and @Eelectric's love child...

eel-dog.jpg

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
I think their new halfback has third party agreements with the makers of stillnox and the Australian distributors of the Energy drink Redbull ;)

Red Pill

Enthusiastic Amateur
I am sure the Buddha once said life is suffering. I guess this is why Electric chose the Eels as his team. :)

Eelectric

@Rex and @Eelectric's love child...

eel-dog.jpg

@MadMarcus , don't take this the wrong way, but I'd need a paternity test on that one.

Besides looks only a mother would love, I don't do doggie & haven't wrongly thought I'd seen a bird on 4 legs since .. St Marks square in Venice, 20 years ago. All those pigeons lol.

Still, I can't blame you completely, like any parent, I need to take some responsibility for encouraging this kind of creativity. ;)

Last edited:

Eelectric

I am sure the Buddha once said life is suffering. I guess this is why Electric chose the Eels as his team. :)

How are you sure I wasn't Hari Krisna when I chose them ?

@Red Pill , It's been an interesting 36 years that's for sure. Relates well to that Chinese saying: "May you live in interesting times."

Now, Red Pill, all jokes aside, would you really abandon your beloved Eagles if they went through what we had & are experiencing ?

Last edited:

Rex

Bencher
@Rex
I'm far from being free of the typical garden variety fears, egoistic insecurities, sarcasm & pride.
As I'm currently seeing it, the perfectionist values elimination of suffering, the pragmatist values freedom of suffering.

The perfectionist starts with rejection. He works hard to turn himself and the world into the images of perfection he constructs. Always fighting against what is.

The pragmatist starts with acceptance. Warts and all. Pain or no pain. It is what it is. So freedom is always already there. There is nothing to do, nothing to change. His focus is on seeing, and seeing clearly naturally brings change. When we clearly see the hole in the ground in front of us, no extra effort is needed. We naturally walk around it.

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member

@Red Pill , It's been an interesting 36 years that's for sure. Relates well to that Chinese saying: "May you live in interesting times."

Now, Red Pill, all jokes aside, would you really abandon your beloved Eagles if they had & are going through what we are & had experienced ?
Hari Krisna, Budda's waiting for his Dalai message.
Put down your bloody tambourine and communicate!

I admire any loyal team supporter actually. There's somewhat of a culture among younger people to jump on winning bandwagons and have a collection of several team jerseys - lack of loyalty has spread to some of the new generation fans.

Stick with your slimy, murky river dwellers and we'll stick with our majestic eagles.:p

Red Pill

Enthusiastic Amateur

Now, Red Pill, all jokes aside, would you really abandon your beloved Eagles if they went through what we had & are experiencing ?
Electric there is also an old saying that says you are the company you keep.
You choose the Eels and i choose Manly.
Enough said!
Secretly i suspect an inner voice is begging you to change sides thus your presence on this site. :)

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member

WTF does that all mean??

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
13 7 6 133 16
14 7 7 37 16