[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Clearly seeing light comes with shadows, roses come with thorns, that with great hopes & expectations also comes great fears.
Finding out wherever there is comfort there is pain
Only one step away
Like four seasons in one day​

We easily believe suffering is reduced through changing the conditions in our life. More money, more holidays, more friends, less annoying people, etc, etc. And to an extent, especially in the short term, this does work. But even when this does work, we end up with a new standard of what is now acceptable. The goal-posts have been raised. So now we need to struggle even harder to be OK. And then there is the new fear of losing what we have gained.

I'm not suggesting we shouldn't do things which make us more comfortable, just that the impacts on our feelings of satisfaction are at best fleeting.

We buy a new car, and for a period it is a delight to drive. And one day we wake up realising it is just the norm to drive this car, nothing special, and we look for the next purchase to satisfy us.

The alternative to endlessly chasing after this and that, without long-term contentment, is to find the true source of unconditional satisfaction. It is always already here, right now. Our task, as I see it, is nothing more than dropping the superfluous and the ineffective.

Did some contract work as a youngster at channel 9 many years ago. Didn't know anyone so I grabbed a table & sat down alone in their canteen to have lunch. Who should walk in but Jon English. Had been a fan of his since seeing him steal the show in JC Superstar. Then he asked if he could join me at my table. We chatted about all sorts of things. Didn't let on I knew or recognised him. And he offered no hint he was famous, had no tickets on himself, and was just so down-to-earth, personable and generous.

His humility and outgoing friendliness moved him in my eyes that day from a legend of an actor/singer to a legend of a man.

Sadly, I never got to shake Jon's hand and have a chat to him.

But I've never heard anyone say a bad thing about him.

His gigs, though, will live long in my memory Rex.

Sheesh the Foran this year compared to last year's model is chalk and cheese. He tried so hard tonight and you could see it mattered to him.

Arsehole.
On the other hand, it highlights the wisdom of offloading him.

Just a pity that between mutual hosing sessions, the Grecian couldn't see that his blue-eyed boy wanted to leave back in 2014.

Finding out wherever there is comfort there is pain
Only one step away
Like four seasons in one day​

We easily believe suffering is reduced through changing the conditions in our life. More money, more holidays, more friends, less annoying people, etc, etc. And to an extent, especially in the short term, this does work. But even when this does work, we end up with a new standard of what is now acceptable. The goal-posts have been raised. So now we need to struggle even harder to be OK. And then there is the new fear of losing what we have gained.

I'm not suggesting we shouldn't do things which make us more comfortable, just that the impacts on our feelings of satisfaction are at best fleeting.

We buy a new car, and for a period it is a delight to drive. And one day we wake up realising it is just the norm to drive this car, nothing special, and we look for the next purchase to satisfy us.

The alternative to endlessly chasing after this and that, without long-term contentment, is to find the true source of unconditional satisfaction. It is always already here, right now. Our task, as I see it, is nothing more than dropping the superfluous and the ineffective.

@Rex , totally agree brother. No-one really wants to live like a pauper & see their kids or loved ones or themselves suffer, but the endless quest for more & more, it's like refilling a bucket with a hole in it. It doesn't even stop there. Then there's the comparing whose bucket looks bigger & fuller. A Shakespearean tragic comedy. Lol

PS: Don't need much. Other than whatever small bit possible to make the world a better place, a few more Eels wins & a new board . ;)

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Enough said. Don't want to add more salt.

< proudly , gleefully smiling >
Proudly , gleefully smiling at the beginning of each year and crying at the end . What else is new Electric Squeel?
laughing_and_pointing_emoticon_312207.jpg

@Eelectric, congrats. With the help of Hor9sehead Maxwell as the 14th eel on the field, you won a game. Enjoy.

Defence & attitude was outstanding tonight. My kids thought I was having a heart attack. When they scored with 30 seconds to go, you could've pronounced me clinically dead. < just did a triple backflip >

@Rex , totally agree brother. No-one really wants to live like a pauper & see their kids or loved ones or themselves suffer, but the endless quest for more & more, it's like refilling a bucket with a hole in it. It doesn't even stop there. Then there's the comparing whose bucket looks bigger & fuller. A Shakespearean tragic comedy. Lol

PS: Don't need much. Other than whatever small bit possible to make the world a better place, a few more Eels wins & a new board . ;)

I've always been curious why Parra hasn't had more success. They've been gifted a massive juniors area, and have money coming out of their ears via the West's love for the pokies. Fantastic facilities, huge business area to provide support, no shortage of potential supporters in the typical RL working class demography, etc.

In the 80s they looked almost unstoppable. What's the thoughts, coming from within the Eels supporter base, on why they've not been a more consistent force? I thought maybe Fitzgerald had been holding them back, but it's apparently been downhill since he went.

I've always been curious why Parra hasn't had more success. They've been gifted a massive juniors area, and have money coming out of their ears via the West's love for the pokies. Fantastic facilities, huge business area to provide support, no shortage of potential supporters in the typical RL working class demography, etc.

In the 80s they looked almost unstoppable. What's the thoughts, coming from within the Eels supporter base, on why they've not been a more consistent force? I thought maybe Fitzgerald had been holding them back, but it's apparently been downhill since he went.
You are right Rex . Parra has everything going for them. Juniors, facilities, pokies etc but what they don't have is smart people running the joint and this is why they are a basket case

Defence & attitude was outstanding tonight. My kids thought I was having a heart attack. When they scored with 30 seconds to go, you could've pronounced me clinically dead. < just did a triple backflip >
Tonight was just like the last 3 years round 1 wins that were going to change everything, except it is a round later.

"You can tell Chrissy Sandow is just loving his footy again and he is happy" Ricky Stuart after Rd1 2013 we all know how that ended up.

Arthur has not only stolen the Manly Players he has stolen the Seige Mentality too.

Tonight was just like the last 3 years round 1 wins that were going to change everything, except it is a round later.

"You can tell Chrissy Sandow is just loving his footy again and he is happy" Ricky Stuart after Rd1 2013 we all know how that ended up.

Arthur has not only stolen the Manly Players he has stolen the Seige Mentality too.
Arthur has not stolen our Seige mentality in tonight's win .
The Cowboys kept on turning possession and the Ref was assisting with penalties.
Parra had enough possession to win well and not just scape in towards the end.
Our Seige mentality is made up of consistent premiership wins and not a win here and there.

Arthur has not stolen our Seige mentality in tonight's win .
The Cowboys kept on turning possession and the Ref was assisting with penalties.
Parra had enough possession to win well and not just scape in towards the end.
Our Seige mentality is made up of consistent premiership wins and not a win here and there.
I was just thinking with the week they had copped in the papers, Brad Arth-hole would have been revving them up to come out firing. Using a poor man's version of the famous Manly seige mentality. Difference is it is only effective for a week out there, because everyone feels sorry for them and jumps on the bandwagon after 1 win.

We win and everyone wants to burn their house down in protest.

Are you saying @Eelectric is one of us now, and his postings are indistinguishable from ours?
Electric is not one of us @ Rex. Not sure how you come up with that. At best he is like Casper the friendly ghost/ troll. @Rex he is a die hard Eels supporter thus not one of us! However I am sure why that is not obvious to you mate. I guess his Gibberish may have bewildered you. :)

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10