[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Agreed Mark.

Generally speaking, I'd be able to enjoy this thread a lot more if we weren't so laughable as a club at the moment. Yes, the Eels wen't out in straight sets again (thanks Christ), but they still played two more finals matches than we did this season.
And won about twice as many games , but still I can laugh ( otherwise you’d just cry ).

Sorry mate but disagree.....we all care about how a player behaves otherwise we wouldn’t have talked about AFB, Walker & their indiscretions albeit different to the Queen. Carrying on the way he did last night backfired on him big time & it’s not the first time. He’s a good player but there are much better than him who have class & are humble.....not arrogant twats who read about themselves so yeah I’m glad he’s not at our club! Tom is 10 times the player Gutherson is or ever will be but you don’t see him carrying on like a goose! Other examples are CNK,Teddy, RTS, Papenhuyzen.....when do you see them carry on like the Queen yet he’s not in their league! Sorry mate I may be in the minority but I’m glad he’s gone!

Max what do we watch football for? Is it to dissect the personalities of the famous, titillate ourselves with the intimacies of their lives, or watch their performances on the field. I could tell you experiences in my life if you would like that would shock the hell out of you. I'm sure many on this forum could do like wise. We all have skeletons in our cupboard.

If we were to be so concerned about the behaviour of footballers on and off the field, we should forget watching football and just watch Days of our Lives. Football is about football not the size of a footballer's G strings or doing somersaults behind the goal posts. If you get caught up in what the media presents to titillate, you've been converted to the dark side of the force and may as well be watching soap operas. The media thrives on feeding you with this garbage, most of which is probably serious exageration and at times just pure misrepresentation. We get into the sordid rubbish concerning famous people love behaviours and we feed into that, then quibble about it with moralistic humdrum. Makes us really nothing more than voyeurs, peeping toms checking out what our neighbours are up to.

I watch, hear and admire talent that is available to me. I'm disappointed by the foolish actions of Rolf Harris, but I admire his talent and that gives me enjoyment. I think the personal life of Tom Cruise, as portrayed, what with his Scientology fetish and the like, but I love watching his films. Mel Gibson is reported as being anti-Semitic but do I dismiss Mad Max as a result.

Our culture is fed voyeuristic nonsense about flawed famed personalities and ignore what they offer to us in their talent. Tall poppy syndrome some would say. Media titillation to sell their product I say and we feed into it. I call it voyeurism, propagated by a media that feeds off that kind of troubling hunger for a peek into famed people's lives. Is that what we really watch football for. Surprise. We are all human and we are all flawed, even our stars. And if they display things we don't like. get over it. They are just enjoying themselves on the field, being excited as we all would be if we had the talent to be out there. And we'd probably act just as foolishly and any spilt milk in our personal lives would be front page news to titillate out voyeuristic nature.

If you want horror stories to titillate, as a former parole officer, I could scare and horrify the G-string off you. What footballers do is bl..dy tame in comparison to what happens out there in real life. Enjoy the game. Forget the propaganda and silly behaviours some players display on the field in their excitement. And ignore most of the media horror stories. Most are serious exaggerations.

In an alternate universe we were possibly a couple of trades away from having a backline of:

Tom
Funa
Walker
Gutho
Foxx
Schuster
DCE

He could dance all he wants when he sets up try after try for us.

I especially enjoy Ray Warrens commentary when Parra lose. He started by winding up the excuseometer about no Jennings, No Ferguson, No Sivo blah blah blah and gets all excited when King Gutho lol inspires a great 5 minutes or so and then when the Rabbits recover and then get ahead the funeral voice starts. This has been going on for years with Warren. He has never publicly admitted his love affair with the whinging worms, heck he was once the ground announcer at their home ground! At least with Rex you knew he was unashamably biased towards Manly and he was also their biggest critic when they played crap!!
It's high time that overrated old fart gave it away, he calls the game like they're all his mates and they're playing backyard touch, been doing it since the Amco cup days of the 70's, can't stand the moron

Your man gutho @qldeagle
20201012_000011.jpg

Oh man he looks like such a tool... good player, arrogant AF! Zoom into his face haha

Attachments

• ExaltedInfamousJuliabutterfly-mobile.mp4
    1.5 MB
Max what do we watch football for? Is it to dissect the personalities of the famous, titillate ourselves with the intimacies of their lives, or watch their performances on the field. I could tell you experiences in my life if you would like that would shock the hell out of you. I'm sure many on this forum could do like wise. We all have skeletons in our cupboard.

If we were to be so concerned about the behaviour of footballers on and off the field, we should forget watching football and just watch Days of our Lives. Football is about football not the size of a footballer's G strings or doing somersaults behind the goal posts. If you get caught up in what the media presents to titillate, you've been converted to the dark side of the force and may as well be watching soap operas. The media thrives on feeding you with this garbage, most of which is probably serious exageration and at times just pure misrepresentation. We get into the sordid rubbish concerning famous people love behaviours and we feed into that, then quibble about it with moralistic humdrum. Makes us really nothing more than voyeurs, peeping toms checking out what our neighbours are up to.

I watch, hear and admire talent that is available to me. I'm disappointed by the foolish actions of Rolf Harris, but I admire his talent and that gives me enjoyment. I think the personal life of Tom Cruise, as portrayed, what with his Scientology fetish and the like, but I love watching his films. Mel Gibson is reported as being anti-Semitic but do I dismiss Mad Max as a result.

Our culture is fed voyeuristic nonsense about flawed famed personalities and ignore what they offer to us in their talent. Tall poppy syndrome some would say. Media titillation to sell their product I say and we feed into it. I call it voyeurism, propagated by a media that feeds off that kind of troubling hunger for a peek into famed people's lives. Is that what we really watch football for. Surprise. We are all human and we are all flawed, even our stars. And if they display things we don't like. get over it. They are just enjoying themselves on the field, being excited as we all would be if we had the talent to be out there. And we'd probably act just as foolishly and any spilt milk in our personal lives would be front page news to titillate out voyeuristic nature.

If you want horror stories to titillate, as a former parole officer, I could scare and horrify the G-string off you. What footballers do is bl..dy tame in comparison to what happens out there in real life. Enjoy the game. Forget the propaganda and silly behaviours some players display on the field in their excitement. And ignore most of the media horror stories. Most are serious exaggerations.
1. Stop saying titillate.
2. The media's only role in Gutho's antics were having a camera there to capture it.
3. It is completely natural for humans to have a distaste for ego. Expecting viewers to remain completely neutral to all matters outside of the mechanics of the sport is impossible; with your logic, no one would even support a team, we'd all just be NRL supporters. Tribalism is hardwired in our dna.

Anecdotal evidence should never be used to demonstrate a point. That's the sort of thing Jones, Hadley and Bolt use, by suggesting the exception is the rule, to justify their agenda. Its important to look at the overall performance, not instances where mistakes are made. Every player makes mistakes. If he doesn't he isn't human.

True, we're not hearing that Teddy cost the Chooks the game with his uncharacteristic error...but he doesn't get up gobbing off when he scores either.

Try celebrations when you’ve just scored the try that ensures you advance to the next round ( ie one to take you 14 points ahead with 90 seconds on the clock ) are perfectly acceptable , and I couldn’t care less what a player or a team does BUT you lead by example as a captain and you certainly aren’t an individual egomaniac in doing your job as a captain.

Far better to go back, get the players in a huddle and say “ that’s 1 but we need a whole lot more than 1 to beat these pricks, so who’s coming with me on this ride ??”

Yeah you are 100% right about that hahaha. Also, when you consider that we paid more for Walker than we did to keep Gutho (remember he was actually signed when we released him) it was a monumental cock up from Barrett and Bozo.

Agree. I'd swap Walker for Gutho in a second.
Gutho can play fullback, wing, centre and 5/8 and make a decent fist of all of them.

This was a cock up of monumental proportions.

Agree. I'd swap Walker for Gutho in a second.
Gutho can play fullback, wing, centre and 5/8 and make a decent fist of all of them.

This was a cock up of monumental proportions.
Have to agree. He carried Parra on his back in the first half. Can run, pass, tackle, inspire. At the moment much better value for money than Walker or even Turbo. If he played for the SE we would be lauding him.

As much as I hate to say it this is a real LOL @ Manly.

If the Dalai gets the flick in whinger land I reckon the odds of Guth coming back to Manly will be strong. I dont like some of the rubbish he does in relation to scoring points and getting in the refs face and the over enthusiastic cheering of opposition errors. I think that is a cancer in the game. In the old days it was a pat on the head if you made an error, teams now carry on like they have won the premiership at a knock on, I bloody detest that!

He needs the money to support the ex and his betting on the horses.
I knew a woman who worked for a bookie at Randwick. She didn't have a bad word to say about the various " Colourful Racing Identities" she had met, except for Ray Warren...."He used to walk around like he had a stick up his arse", her words

I knew a woman who worked for a bookie at Randwick. She didn't have a bad word to say about the various " Colourful Racing Identities" she had met, except for Ray Warren...."He used to walk around like he had a stick up his arse", her words
In Ray's defence, it's hard not to walk like you've got a stick up your arse when you've actually got a stick up your arse. It's a tough thing to mask, especially when you're walking. Or so I've heard.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8