[Resurrected] Lol @ Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
They wont win a grand final if they keep thinking it is a good idea to play storm week 1. The roosters had the brains to lose their last game against souths to finish 4th and take the easier route to the premiership.

Parra just peaked way too early in the season.

Also they needed to win their last regular season match to finish top 4 (which they did), otherwise they'd have been in sudden death in week 1.

Parra just peaked way too early in the season.

Also they needed to win their last regular season match to finish top 4 (which they did), otherwise they'd have been in sudden death in week 1.
They peak way too early EVERY season

Always April Premiers and nearly always don’t make the 8 or out in straight sets !!

It’s now a huge mental hurdle with that club.

Notice the slime have cut 11 players from their top 30. Plenty of purging happening across clubs

1. Stop saying titillate.
2. The media's only role in Gutho's antics were having a camera there to capture it.
3. It is completely natural for humans to have a distaste for ego. Expecting viewers to remain completely neutral to all matters outside of the mechanics of the sport is impossible; with your logic, no one would even support a team, we'd all just be NRL supporters. Tribalism is hardwired in our dna.

Have a look at sports around the world and the behaviour of players scoring. Gutho's behaviour is tame in comparison. Getting excited about scoring, which is fundamental to these players role, is naturally going to result in an outburst of elation. Some just point to the stands., some indulge in a great hug fest, some like Mundine and Blacklock do backward somersaults, some like Inglis do that crawling action, some use a strange hand slapping behaviour. Its part of the sport and its part of their excitement. If it annoys opposition supporters, all the more the fun.

The titillation reference applied more to the media stories, not to Guthos actions. It was trying to get into the seediness that can be found in any situation and playing it up to sell their product, because it draws people in.

Agree. I'd swap Walker for Gutho in a second.
Gutho can play fullback, wing, centre and 5/8 and make a decent fist of all of them.

This was a cock up of monumental proportions.
Thank Barrett for letting him go.. he was my favourite player a few years ago when he was playing a few games at 5/8 for the slime. They came last he cried because he's better than that.. i remember one game he was killing it he put in a kick chased himself held up the guy screamed out help me! And they drove the guy back into goal. He was great to watch and a real footy player. He still is but now he is arrogant at **** and i cant stand it. Hopefully someone tells him to knock it off but i dunno... this king thing has gone to his head. And for parra he probably is because he tries his ass off for them

Have to agree. He carried Parra on his back in the first half. Can run, pass, tackle, inspire. At the moment much better value for money than Walker or even Turbo. If he played for the SE we would be lauding him.

As much as I hate to say it this is a real LOL @ Manly.

If he was playing for the Sea Eagles he probably would have spent the past few seasons on the sidelines recovering from multiple knee operations.

Last edited:
I dont find him arrogant & to be honest I dont begrudge any player doing post-try celebrations, it's just that Gutho's "dance" isnt really one thing or another - it just looks half hearted/underdone to me

I'd have more respect if he did the full both-arms-pumping-pelvis-thrusting-back-&-forth-lewd-expression-on-his-face thing, like Jim Carrey in Pet Detective.

As it is it's like he's doing this I'm-a-litle-teapot thing that isnt very convincing.

Mark me down as another Gutho hater. I wanted to throw the remote at the TV when he did his stupid little dance. Just score the try ya flog. You haven't won the game yet so your head should be screwed on...instead you are carrying on like a typical y gen moron with an inflated ego.

Gutho is a very talented player, I'll give him that. And TBH I wish he was still at Manly. But the reality is that he has turned into a complete knobhead at the Worms.

It's high time that overrated old fart gave it away, he calls the game like they're all his mates and they're playing backyard touch, been doing it since the Amco cup days of the 70's, can't stand the moron

I still think the best commentary I heard from him was one of his many name mispronunciation's.

During the 1995 World Seven's during a Fiji game ... he called one of their players Marijuana (his actual name was Samuela Marayawa). Fatty and Serling were in fits asking if he was on the stuff :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I still think the best commentary I heard from him was one of his many name mispronunciation's.

During the 1995 World Seven's during a Fiji game ... he called one of their players Marijuana (his actual name was Samuela Marayawa). Fatty and Serling were in fits asking if he was on the stuff :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
His best was though was when he got his H's and C's mixed up with calling a game with Karmicheal Hunt

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8