Liam Knight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I thought we must have signed him when i saw this thread had reached 3 pages long.

We don't want him.

He had his golden opportunity to become a regular first grader when our forwards were being trampled and stopped dead in their tracks but he ****ed it all up.

I know that i am in the minority here but i would like to see Shaun Lane given another run in first grade before we decide his fate.

All he needs to do is lift his intensity. He is 198cm/115 kgs (4cm taller than Tom and 13kgs heavier).

At 22 yrs his career hasn't even started yet, and given an opportunity amongst our thriving forward pack, he might just be a game or two away from cementing his place.
Lane has been very underwelming in reserves

Lane's problem is that he's talented but lazy. Sure he played well in the one first grade game he's played this year so far, but playing lackluster games in reserve grade isn't going to get you called up for a first grade spot when the starting pack is pretty much settled and so is the bench (save Myles). Lane needs to be forcing the issue, forcing Barrett to want him there. But he's not doing that.

Jarryd Kennedy is (IMO) a hack in first grade, but he's named in our top 21 just about every Tuesday. Can Lane say the same? Lane should be ahead of Kennedy by a country mile. The difference is Kennedy busts his gut to be there.

The kid is a freaking giant for christ's sake. He could be a monster in the NRL but he's too lazy to take advantage of it. I hope for his sake, and Manly's, that his alarm clock goes off soon and he has his wheat bix because if he's not careful he's going to wake up in 5 years time playing for some place like Keighley or one of the other high on the totem pole clubs in England (if you know anything about totem poles you would know the bigger, more important ones are actually at the bottom, the top is reserved for the lower class).

As for Knight.....yeah nah.

Last edited:
Papa Knight is Bold & Beautiful :)

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...f/news-story/3ac3a7a05593b4786b4d271a0e433b0d

David Knight, 55, from Narrabeen is production and location manager, and helped secure the filming locations.

7ba4387cb80a70613b5f45fbb4d0e7cf

David Knight, 55, from Narrabeen is production and location manager, and helped secure the filming locations. Picture: Annika Enderborg
The father of former Sea Eagles player, Liam, said all but a few of the 100-strong crew were from Sydney.

“It’s a big show and it’s great for the state,” he said.

Ultimately the best club for Liam would be Manly, as he has long term mates here, including Turbo.

People make mistakes at a young age and clearly he just needs a mentor, and time.

I'm sure Poppa Knight doesn't want to talk about it, but like any father, just hopes his son gets his feet on the ground again.

Liam has potentially a huge future, once he settles, but it's about what his needs are in order for him to settle and I doubt any on this site have any appreciation of that. Once he does... look out!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2