Liam Knight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If Liam is like a young Darcy then no thanks.

We don't want someone else who has only played 10 good games for us in their career and spends more time on the sideline than on the field

Being a bit hard on Darcy old mate. Shoulder and wrist injuries requiring surgery are hardly his fault. Being sent off for being a goose is but I would put that down to frustration and passion after the end to last season and his injuries this year.

Must be tearing the kid apart inside seeing his team mates do well and not being a part of it.

He showed me enough passion and skill last year for me to be confident he will return.

Great junior player who was obviously not prepared to do the extra's that NRL players require....commitment and sacrifice for starters.
This talent/potential stuff is not enough and many of the predicted gun players, simply don't get there.
The harder working, dedicated players with LESS talent but more want - will jump these players with what they do OFF the field.
Shame really - I personally liked Knights game - thought after watching him in action 4-5 games and that Manly Holden Cup GF just 2 years ago, he would join Jake as our best local junior forward to lead Manly the next 10 years....

I kind of think it depends on where your club culture is when you look to sign players who have let themselves down. Manlys culture seems to be on the way up and the belief in the team seems to be growing daily.

Manly have taken some cultural punts recently in a rebuild with most paying off and players like meehan quickly flicked.

Player indiscretions are varied and have a different effect on team culture. Booze and drugs can be way more difficult to manage within a team then someone who has major driving issues or crossed the line in other ways as its so more spasmodic.

I would like to think manlys rebuild is positive and the need to take a punt on erratic individuals is something we could do sparingly depending on the problem or the talent

Considering the players manly did punt on while flicking knight i cant see them taking him back. Its one thing to let yourself down in a team environment but something else to let the team down. Trust is enormous in team sport

I've posted that Knight would become an international; that's how good I thought he was in 2015.
Since leaving Manly his form must have tanked. But in order to keep my reputation as a reliable judge of footballing talent he needs to return and fulfil his promise or else I will be proven wrong for the first time ever@:(

I've posted that Knight would become an international; that's how good I thought he was in 2015.
Since leaving Manly his form must have tanked. But in order to keep my reputation as a reliable judge of footballing talent he needs to return and fulfil his promise or else I will be proven wrong for the first time ever@:(
Maybe he should take up union to keep your rep in tact.

True. And Manly has given 2nd chances to bigger muppets than him also
Liam has not been in jail, attacked his partner or attempted to kick someone to death - so yes, as far as 2nd chances go @:cool:

Interesting that you put the rumour about the Voice being rigged ahead of the one about the Earth being wiped out... I bet the first one got more clicks on MSN too...

Being a bit hard on Darcy old mate. Shoulder and wrist injuries requiring surgery are hardly his fault. Being sent off for being a goose is but I would put that down to frustration and passion after the end to last season and his injuries this year.

Must be tearing the kid apart inside seeing his team mates do well and not being a part of it.

He showed me enough passion and skill last year for me to be confident he will return.

Bit harsh maybe but it is true, he isn't spending much time on the field and in the end that is what he is paid for.

To win the big one you need your players on the field.

He might be able to get a run in the Scottish team or something.

Shame really - I personally liked Knights game - thought after watching him in action 4-5 games and that Manly Holden Cup GF just 2 years ago, he would join Jake as our best local junior forward to lead Manly the next 10 years....

He is a bit like Chee Kam isn't he. The size of a front rower in the 20's is just such a different body shape to what the big boys play with. Not quite the speed or mobility for an edge. Perhaps not the best option at lock.

Bit harsh maybe but it is true, he isn't spending much time on the field and in the end that is what he is paid for.

To win the big one you need your players on the field.

C'mon Fluffy, that's a bit lame for you. It's almost as lame as the "no excuses" mantra of the demented last year.

How so.

10 good games from 40 is hardly a great return.

You are being disingenious old mate. The point is, you appear to have a burr up your butt over Darcy, and pointing out the fact he has been injured doesn't fully explain it.

He is a bit like Chee Kam isn't he. The size of a front rower in the 20's is just such a different body shape to what the big boys play with. Not quite the speed or mobility for an edge. Perhaps not the best option at lock.
Knight is huge. Bigger than our other props last year when he was warming up with first grade pre game

Look it was nice that Liams old man posted here for us mere mortals.

I appreciated it.

Should Liam come back, I would say welcome home and lets try again.
Should Liam not come back, I would say good luck in whatever you do.

I don't hire or fire at Manly... Lucky us cause I would have never hired Mr Plod and therefore we would be without DCE !!!!

Good luck to the boy in whatever happens ...

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2