Liam knight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I guess it comes down to what gets you going?
Are you happy that the club secured a promising young player? Or are you happy that an outspoken forum member could be perceived to be "wrong"?

I am stoked we have him to see how he goes in first grade before tipping in what could be a rightful amount of cash

I was hoping for longer then a one year extension, we will be in the same position a year from now

I was hoping for longer then a one year extension, we will be in the same position a year from now
Look on the bright side, a whole new thread about speculation on whether he has signed somewhere else or not.

• 😆
Reactions: Rex
Yes

"Could be perceived"? lol

Rex I have been around long enough to know better than to get into a match of words with you....my point is are you happy that a player has been secured or a poster has been proven wrong

Rex I have been around long enough to know better than to get into a match of words with you....my point is are you happy that a player has been secured or a poster has been proven wrong
that depends on who that poster is @lsz ;)

• 😆
Reactions: lsz
Already said yes Lsz. Refer my previous post above.

And you seem to be implying that Ryan should get free rein to slander our players willy-nilly without the risk of being called on it. If Ryan simply manned up, and admitted he'd stuffed up, and unfairly and inaccurately slandered Liam and his father, then there'd be little point in challenging him much further.

Here's another example of what he said, when he labelled Liam a mercenary and a renegade, and wished him to fester and then disappear. All based on untrue rumours he took unquestioningly as the truth:

They were trying to extend Foran when he had well and truly re-signed already. This is another example of a mercenary and renegade. Get out of the spotlight Knight, and fester for 12 months, until you go the same way as Oldfield, Tasi, Elsegood & many others at the Chooks and disappear into the nether like they do to players.

Is that at all helpful to Manly? And if so, in what universe?

Rex if you are going to call out when ever anyone has said something wrong on here you are going to be busy....anyway happy to agree to disagree

Rex if you are going to call out when ever anyone has said something wrong on here you are going to be busy....anyway happy to agree to disagree
And you're calling me out for what you think is wrong. So back at ya lsz.

There is a difference between wrong and being malicious.

I have a version of loyalty that says you don't eat your own. You don't tear them down. Particularly here on a forum with cheap shots that the players have absolutely no opportunity to respond to.

This version of loyalty says if you have a problem with someone in your group you say it face to face (or in this forum poster to poster). Playing to a person's strong forehand, where they want you to play, is disrespectful of their capability to grow. Playing to their weak backhand puts a learning challenge out there that they may, or may not, take up. They have the opportunity to walk away.

Doing character attacks, and taking cheap shots at players from behind a keyboard on the surface is a reflection on the player. And from a big picture view, IMO it reflects negatively on the poster, and never on the player. So it is an opportunity for playing to the poster's backhand and trusting in their capability to manage that challenge. Sometimes people need a loud statement to hear.

I have Rex on ignore. First and only poster I have ever done that with in the many, many years here and it was the best decision I ever made.

I'm not sure what dribble he is bleating on with, and frankly, I'm not interested. Added zero quality to the debate, played the man, rather than the topic (which is fine, for a while). But he did it over, and over, and over. It became non-sensicle, to the point that I thought, "boy Habib Eagle could go back to The Eels site, and say check out these blokes on the Silvertails Forum".

I admit we became an embarrassment, which is why I pulled the pin. I'm sure Rex was quite proud of his jibberish, but I put my hand up on that one.

We've had all sorts of people come and go on the site, and I've always been able to have a disagreement with someone and move on (it's a footy forum after all). Jesus, we are organizing a get together at some point this year, and I'm looking forward to sharing a beer (or many), having a laugh, watching some football & talking about old times.

Most people here have the capacity to debate a topic at hand. Ok, the subject matter might run off coarse at times, but at least it's healthy debate. That's why I enjoy coming on, and having some banter about the footy with all you blokes.

Does seem really strange though, that I was being the positive one after that last loss. Almost like time and matter did a 180 :)

I'm with Clay on this.
A one year extension isn't really something to shout from the rooftops.

Obviously backing himself to up his price tag for the next contract talks.

Yup, bridge contracts are good for both parties. Also shows he's backing himself - good sign.

I suggested a while back, and this goes to you to Ryan, to use logic, not gossip, to assess what seems to be happening. Doesnt always work but generally it does. There were too many indicators suggesting that the claim he had signed with SC was unlikely. What people say behind the scenes is almost always just conjecture. Its better to look behind the actions, what is not being said, to get a better sense of what is going on. Look at the evidence, not the claims. More often than not, that reveals the truth.

I suggested a while back, and this goes to you to Ryan, to use logic, not gossip, to assess what seems to be happening. Doesnt always work but generally it does. There were too many indicators suggesting that the claim he had signed with SC was unlikely. What people say behind the scenes is almost always just conjecture. Its better to look behind the actions, what is not being said, to get a better sense of what is going on. Look at the evidence, not the claims. More often than not, that reveals the truth.

You know this is a footy forum?
But what you say is very correct, just not fun for most of the personalities on a forum.

• 😆
Reactions: Rex
You know this is a footy forum?
But what you say is very correct, just not fun for most of the personalities on a forum.

I accept that point Manlyfan76. I'm just trying to get it into perspective. Seems a lot of unnecessary anxiety exists on these threads( He said.... yeh but he said.... yeh but he said....)...but maybe that's how most like it I guess.

And I wouldnt be too nervous about him signing for only one extra year. He and the Trbojevics are signed to the end of '17 to prove themselves. If they do Manly will offer enough in the next contract to ensure Turbo and the Bookends stay.

Last edited:
I accept that point Manlyfan76. I'm just trying to get it into perspective. Seems a lot of unnecessary anxiety exists on these threads( He said.... yeh but he said.... yeh but he said....)...but maybe that's how most like it I guess.

And I wouldnt be too nervous about him signing for only one extra year. He and the Trbojevics are signed to the end of '17 to prove themselves. If they do Manly will offer enough in the next contract to ensure they stay.
I understand, and about his one year and friendship with the twin turbos, sounds just like Gutherson who " moved to play fullback" according to some on here.

The responses to fear are fight and flight.

Everyone knows if you challenge Ryan you can expect a flurry of verbosity followed by a series of troll ratings and personal attacks. Now we can see that if you expose his verbose diversions, and don't give a damn how many troll ratings or personal attacks you get from Ryan and his mates that he will simply run away.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6