Liam knight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well said @winnyason.

As a Manly fan, I loved loved that a players dad joined our crazy nest on here. That says he is passionate. Thanks Papa.

Every old man is entitled to be passionate about his kids, and I for one love reading Papas threads.

The Penns should be paying Papa because he has done more to make us nevil nobody fans feel closer to the club, closer to the playing grounp and excited for the year ahead then that stupid plastic coin ever will.

I hope I speak for a few of us on here in hoping Papa sticks around, we all hope Liam sticks around too.

We are united in wanting the best for this club. The team.

Some forget it is a two way street, this contract negotiations. I wonder if we are naive if we think clubs dont play ducks and Drakes over contract prices as much as player agents do, DCE manager Gav Orr excepted.

Liam is a great young talent. Let's wish him well, and leave it to those who are actually parties to this contract to do there thing.

Hell if you are really inpatient and want the matter resolved sooner, go abuse Bozo in the stand on Friday. I can't imagine (Bobby would be backward in coming forward). I reckon hed have a few choice words, words Papa probably should have but didn't say.

Just one final comment and caveat though Ryan, and I apologise to other readers if this is going too far.

Though I may negotiate in secret, if I made a decision I would make that information open to everyone who needs to know. Most people would and I believe, sensing Papa Knights nature, that Liam would reveal that information.

There is little value in not revealing it because I would prefer people knew from me, rather than a distorted version from someone else. And though its all very personal, in the end I would think my employer would have the right to know immediately and others close to me have the right to also know.

This is why I dont think Liam has signed or agreed to anything. Negotiations, yes, quite possibly. A final decision remaining unrevealed doesnt make sense and reading between the lines with Papa Knight, I doubt that he would come onto this forum to discuss his son, if he was going elsewhere and had already signed. Doesnt fit.

• 🤝
Reactions: Rex
Who exactly are we supposed to be loyal too?
Des was not loyal to Manly, penns are not loyal to the F.C.. Quantom sold out to Penn, the council is not loyal to Manly, Abbott was not loyal to Manly fans, Hopoate was not loyal to Manly ( and now Manly is fighting for him) Will H was never loyal even to his Morman religon by working on his holy day.
Many players come and go for more money, and some fans are no longer loyal to the club they originally followed.
So who or what in this game are we supposed to be loyal too?

Who exactly are we supposed to be loyal too?
Des was not loyal to Manly, penns are not loyal to the F.C.. Quantom sold out to Penn, the council is not loyal to Manly, Abbott was not loyal to Manly fans, Hopoate was not loyal to Manly ( and now Manly is fighting for him) Will H was never loyal even to his Morman religon by working on his holy day.
Many players come and go for more money, and some fans are no longer loyal to the club they originally followed.
So who or what in this game are we supposed to be loyal too?

You do whats right for You like in any business as its not a long term future as a player

Great news that Liam has re-signed and we can now talk about his future contribution to the success of the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.

The best part of the story:

"Close friends with the Trbojevic brothers, Tom and Jake, Knight’s desire to play in the NRL alongside his mates while also remaining loyal to Manly where he began as an SG Ball player, was the overriding factor in his decision to stay."

And we can all look forward to getting to share in, if even in a small way, the immense pride that @Pappa Knight has had and will have in his boy's career.

Remember what I said late last year guys - gooorrrn. We have another Kieran Foran on our hands here imo. Why develop him for The Chooks like we did JWH, and Lama Tasi?

Chooks will just chew him up and spit him out anyway like they do 95% of their other players.
Remember what you said ryan gooorrrn! Time for you to go mate . Be goooorrrn with you

• 👍
Remember what you said ryan gooorrrn! Time for you to go mate . Be goooorrrn with you

What are you talking about? I said I hoped he signed with us and became a Manly legend.

I was debating the politics of what his quotes were in the media, and based off that, and other things, I formed an opinion, and that was that he was gone.

Glad I was wrong. I hate losing juniors like Gutherson, JWH and others.

You want me to come on after you say Manly will win a game, and when they don't, jump all over you?

What, are you 5?

Details please. I want to see the proof...and then Yippee. And quite frankly I think they should put him in first grade now. He'd be better than what was on show on Friday night, other than Jake and Parcell of course.

Details please. I want to see the proof...and then Yippee. And quite frankly I think they should put him in first grade now. He'd be better than what was on show on Friday night, other than Jake and Parcell of course.

No way mate, far too early, and we shouldnt panic by throwing rookies in.

Develop and nurture him.

Trbojevic, Myles, Mateo, Symonds, Taupau, Buhrer, Lawrence, Starling, Lussick, Brown would all currently be ahead of him in the pecking order, surely.

I think it's an NRL problem, not an individual bloke problem (unless they lie and misguide during the negotiation in public like Foran did, and Knight is now - when people know he's already signed

Sorry Liam, we owe you an apology!
Hope you hit first grade by the time we are gearing up for a finals tilt.

• 👍
Sorry Liam, we owe you an apology!
Hope you hit first grade by the time we are gearing up for a finals tilt.

Were you waiting by your PC with anticipation for that one @SeaEagleRock8 to get your little stab in? Do you feel fulfilled now?

My point stands. Etiquette in the media (especially concerning contract negotiation).

Take Liam out of the equation. Does a player state publicly they are talking to a number of clubs to force their current clubs hands?

If so, do you feel that is appropriate given who the stakeholders are in the game?

If not, why?

Anyway, I hope your comment gave you satisfaction in some way, and managed to satisfy a need you obviously had?

You can try to drown the issue by using 1000 words but it's a simple point really, you said the kid was lying and it turned out I think you jumped the gun. Anyway I didn't think you would say sorry so I already apologised to him on behalf of all of ST ;)

No way mate, far too early, and we shouldnt panic by throwing rookies in.

Develop and nurture him.

Trbojevic, Myles, Mateo, Symonds, Taupau, Buhrer, Lawrence, Starling, Lussick, Brown would all currently be ahead of him in the pecking order, surely.

If some of those blokes are ahead of him Ryan, we've got problems. Myles looked like an old man who just wanted to get off to indulge in an alfresco coffee at a local cafe. Lussick is still a school boy, many skills but doesnt know how to use them. Brown and Green were just there for company. And Taupau looked as if he suddenly was on the field and not continuing to receive adulation.

I agree Lawrence, Buhrer, Symonds are quality players and I hope they get a look in. But I also hope Barrett doesnt get into favouritism, such as his decision to play Api ahead of Parcell and Brown and Green ahead of Symonds. Gee I hope Buhrer comes back OK...we need him

If some of those blokes are ahead of him Ryan, we've got problems. Myles looked like an old man who just wanted to get off to indulge in an alfresco coffee at a local cafe. Lussick is still a school boy, many skills but doesnt know how to use them. Brown and Green were just there for company. And Taupau looked as if he suddenly was on the field and not continuing to receive adulation.

I agree Lawrence, Buhrer, Symonds are quality players and I hope they get a look in. But I also hope Barrett doesnt get into favouritism, such as his decision to play Api ahead of Parcell and Brown and Green ahead of Symonds. Gee I hope Buhrer comes back OK...we need him

Tough marker mate.

Myles made over 30 tackles and over 100 metres.

Darcy also actually ran more average metres per run than most of the other forwards.

Taupau was disappointing. Still think he'd make a better prop, as I felt he was on the field for way too long, making him ineffective.

Man, I hope we pump the Tigers next week. Looking forward to some positivity.

That's coming from me, who people say is the eternal pessemist (apparently).

What are you talking about? I said I hoped he signed with us and became a Manly legend.

I was debating the politics of what his quotes were in the media, and based off that, and other things, I formed an opinion, and that was that he was gone.

Glad I was wrong. I hate losing juniors like Gutherson, JWH and others.

You want me to come on after you say Manly will win a game, and when they don't, jump all over you?

What, are you 5?
Remember what I said last year guys goooorrrn.thats a statement not an opinion.stop getting upset when your wrong ryan , like a five year old

• 🤝
Tough marker mate.

Myles made over 30 tackles and over 100 metres.

Darcy also actually ran more average metres per run than most of the other forwards.

Taupau was disappointing. Still think he'd make a better prop, as I felt he was on the field for way too long, making him ineffective.

Man, I hope we pump the Tigers next week. Looking forward to some positivity.

That's coming from me, who people say is the eternal pessemist (apparently).

I suppose you watched the game Ryan. When the Bulldogs had the ball they were making big metres almost every run. They looked hungry. Manly forwards instead of moving up to confront were backing away. When Manly were attacking the Bulldogs you could see the desperation in the bulldog defense Looked like boys playing man Ryan. Manly need tough no nonsense types out there who give no quarter. Perhaps it will come soon but the defense pattern looked all over the shop.

• 🤝
And you know what guys, I think it's an NRL problem, not an individual bloke problem (unless they lie and misguide during the negotiation in public like Foran did, and Knight is now - when people know he's already signed - or are suggesting it).
Swamping the forum with 3000 words of fluff to try to distract only makes you look weak Ryan. And childish. Just like your habitual troll rating of legit Manly fans who point out what you are doing.

A real man stands up and admits when they get things wrong and seeks to undo as best they can what they've done.

To act like a real man you only need to say something like:
"I got it wrong and I shouldn't have said what I did. I was feeling negative. I'm sorry Liam, and I unreservedly withdraw the untrue slurs I made on your character"

Can't we all just agree the @Ryan was right about Foz, wrong about Knight, they cancel each other out and we should move on?

why-cant-we-all-just-get-along-thumb.jpg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8