• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

is it a mistake to keep Lewis?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ok - I'm gunna bite on this weeks Brown call
Not even sure if he was playing out the back to DCE and Walker has simply run the best angle of all time ...OR....Brown got it spot on!!
IF ...it was a legit ball - keep him on that right edge playing at the line because Dylan Walker will take them ALL day.
Super pass in all seriousness and Brown played well....fact.
I still think he is behind the Api/Hastings bench option personally - but that's simply opinion.

Could he fill the role on our right that Buhrer used to. Sironen hasn't been much lately.

Could he fill the role on our right that Buhrer used to. Sironen hasn't been much lately.

I have been hugely critical of Brown but I was actually thinking this myself after last night. Not sure but I think Siro may have got the hook for Browny. He played well last night and did add a bit on the right edge. To be honest I've not been overly impressed with Sironen at all. He seems to be a run of the mill first grader if that. Anyway a wins a win and I'm happy for the week.

Where are his haters this week?

Pass to Walker was very pass to Turboesque, Walker just caught the thing.
Brown played well last night, similar to how he used to play for the Warriors. A whole hearted busy effort with no mistakes. However if you think that he has played good enough to warrant a place on the bench alongside Hastings, at the expense of another impact forward then I feel as though I've been watching another code. Granted last year he had to play in the backline and the team was riddled with injuries. That doesn't excuse the knock ons, dumb penalties and arm grabbing defence he's thrown up consistently. If he continues to play like he did last night (and I genuinely hope he does) then his selection may be warranted. Same with Nate, he was ordinary last year, and so far this season he has been outstanding and worthy of a man who has played 30 odd origin matches in the hardest position on the field. Ultimately, at the end of the day they can all play. You don't make an NRL side if you can't play football. It's just that some of them are unable to transfer that ability to first grade, while others lose form and never regain it. In any low paying job, people are expected to perform. In sales anyone can jag an account, but the best are able to do it consistently. Why should it be any different for an NRL player. At the end of the day Lewis Brown would make me look decidedly stupid on a football field. However, it's not the likes of me that he's up against.

hahaha OK settle Down brown lovers he has had 1 good half for us in his entire manly career. He came in for siro and brought a lot of energy and was very effective with the Raiders big forwards. hastings at hooker not brown was what we all wanted to see.brown coming on as a 2nd rower is what his game should be. If we can get a good 2nd rower and have siro as a back up or bench we will kill it. cordner and Jackson are the ones I'd go after

amazing stats from yesterdays game proved he is worth his place in the team...
ARM-all run meters = 29m absolutely HUGE stuff brother!
more impressive was the amount of tackles = 38 , third behind jake and api.
I there say 35 of them were third man in on my observation.
jake t please give a tutorial on technique,hit and stick.

amazing stats from yesterdays game proved he is worth his place in the team...
ARM-all run meters = 29m absolutely HUGE stuff brother!
more impressive was the amount of tackles = 38 , third behind jake and api.
I there say 35 of them were third man in on my observation.
jake t please give a tutorial on technique,hit and stick.
Brown made 29m in 80 minutes ???
Great Impact and contribution !!!

exhausted-old-man-walking-cane-studio-shot-isolated-white-background-55718119.jpg

It's got to be salary cap.
He's in our top 25 so we can't drop him or his replacement goes on the cap.
All I can think of.
Be careful of your criticism though or your posts will be dredged up in 50 years so you can be burned at the stake as a non believer...

It's got to be salary cap.
He's in our top 25 so we can't drop him or his replacement goes on the cap.
All I can think of.
I don't understand how this works.
If you promote a player from our reserves or Under 20s (like Bainbridge or Tent) what happens? Don't they just honour their contract and play the higher grade, hoping to impress club bosses that they will be worth more next season? Why does this affect the cap?
If this is not the case then I'd drop Poo and switch Lawrence to the second row. If you need a new prop then you can bring up Penny.

I really worried yesterday with Brown. He kept getting sucked closer towards the middle and threatened to open up plenty of holes on the edges in doing so. He held on in tackles too long and contributed very little in attack, think we really need to rethink that 2nd row, if Kelepi tanginoa is signed put him on bench and Lussick or Lawrence to starting 2nd row (maybe even Kennedy or Hoppa)

I don't understand how this works.
If you promote a player from our reserves or Under 20s (like Bainbridge or Tent) what happens? Don't they just honour their contract and play the higher grade, hoping to impress club bosses that they will be worth more next season? Why does this affect the cap?
If this is not the case then I'd drop Poo and switch Lawrence to the second row. If you need a new prop then you can bring up Penny.
Someone out there will know more than me but going back to 2015 Tooves was hamstrung by the 2nd tier and the ability to promote players because whatever they earn goes on the cap after a certain amount of games.
As we are maxed out with snake and skivvies $ included this year we have no room.
That's as I understand it and as I said someone maybe @HappilyManly might be able to explain it better.
Remember the tigers were running out of players in about 2014 because of this and the riff before that.
Then again maybe Trent just loves Lewie. !!

I go on a bit about Brown to a mate of mine who is friends with several of the Penrith boys. I would like to say before I go any further that I think Brown is adequate as a bench utility and a much better athlete than I ever was. Anyway my mate asked Sam Mckendry about his thoughts on Brown and he responded as follows. "He can go okay with the ball in hand, too small for a starting forward and not quick enough to play centre. Terrible defende, bounces off and goes in too high. He needs other boys to be involved in the tackle most times otherwise the opposition will break free of him. Good bloke off the field."

Someone out there will know more than me but going back to 2015 Tooves was hamstrung by the 2nd tier and the ability to promote players because whatever they earn goes on the cap after a certain amount of games.
As we are maxed out with snake and skivvies $ included this year we have no room.
That's as I understand it and as I said someone maybe @HappilyManly might be able to explain it better.
Remember the tigers were running out of players in about 2014 because of this and the riff before that.
Then again maybe Trent just loves Lewie. !!
NRL makes subjective decisions, so no one knows the formula.:cool:

The premise is that Clubs would horde players in the 2nd Tier to rort the Cap.
Therefore the NRL made some arbitrary rule, irrespective of injuries that sometimes prevents a Club from fielding 17/25 Top Tier list @:cool:

https://m.nrl.com/nrlhq/referencecentre/salarycap/tabid/10434/default.aspx

NRL makes subjective decisions, so no one knows the formula.:cool:

The premise is that Clubs would horde players in the 2nd Tier to rort the Cap.
Therefore the NRL made some arbitrary rule, irrespective of injuries that sometimes prevents a Club from fielding 17/25 Top Tier list @:cool:

https://m.nrl.com/nrlhq/referencecentre/salarycap/tabid/10434/default.aspx
I see what you mean about subjective every time I see the Spoon allowed to sign and use 50 players a year while other clubs run short.
Look no further !!

I go on a bit about Brown to a mate of mine who is friends with several of the Penrith boys. I would like to say before I go any further that I think Brown is adequate as a bench utility and a much better athlete than I ever was. Anyway my mate asked Sam Mckendry about his thoughts on Brown and he responded as follows. "He can go okay with the ball in hand, too small for a starting forward and not quick enough to play centre. Terrible defende, bounces off and goes in too high. He needs other boys to be involved in the tackle most times otherwise the opposition will break free of him. Good bloke off the field."
That sums Brown up perfectly
I am sure he is a good bloke off the field
But I just wish he had a mean streak on the field where he could do some damage to the opposition
I would prefer a
bad, bad Lewis Brown
The baddest man in the whole damned town
Badder than old King Kong
And meaner than a junkyard dog

We won guys. FMD. I thought Lewis was fine. He's just 100% uptempo. If we won the lotto as a collective, and we were disbursing the money, I'm sure some of you would complain about the amounts being handed out.

We won guys. FMD. I thought Lewis was fine. He's just 100% uptempo.
We won Ryan because we have a number of excellent players. Our critique on Poo is simply about maximising our chances of winning, and Poo has not shown me anything in the two seasons he's played for us to suggest he is our best option in the top 13. Perhaps as a utility in the 17, at best.
I don't have a clue what you mean when you say he is "100% uptempo". Does this mean he is hyperactive?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8