Pre-Game Knights v Manly [Round 5, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

6 30
McDonald Jones Stadium
07 Apr 2022 07:50 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
This is a game that if we are serious about finals footy we just have to find a way to win. This won't be a blow out either way unless we play really really dumb dry weather footy in the wet.

Yes turbo is not there and this is the chance for us prove we are footy team not a one man band.

I expect this game will be a scoreline of 17-10 something like that.

The game style which will win on Thursday night is high completion rates, low error count and a good kicking game into the corners.

While turbo is out we still have a team that should be highly competitive against the knights it's just whether or not we decide to play the correct style of play for the conditions.

Last edited:

KaZa

Bencher
Weekes as 14 would be the ultimate utility imo. Walker gone next season.. ideal to blood him in to hit the ground running. Can play in the halves or anywhere in the backline. Good talent. Wouldn't put it past him playing a bit of hooker too if need be.

Hope Koula stays at fullback. Can see a reshuffle before kick off

40 nil

It's only a game ...
If Parker isn't brought into the team, having a big strong centre such as Tuipulotu running at Gagai is a good ploy as evidenced by Talakai's success last weekend (& also Suli in the past & Mitchell in SOO)

ManlyArmy

Bencher
If Parker isn't brought into the team, having a big strong centre such as Tuipulotu running at Gagai is a good ploy as evidenced by Talakai's success last weekend (& also Suli in the past & Mitchell in SOO)

The other side of the coin is can Tuipolotu hold Gagai defensively, especially if Newcastle do complete better than last week.

Remy

shuu
COCA COLAAAA TIME BABY. Hope he stays at fullback because that is very exciting. Also hope Christian gets his shot, he looked solid during the trials. If Parker is good to go by Thursday, I do feel like Des will just put Garrick at FB. But right now he doesn't want Koula and Tui defending together on an edge so he's got Tolu at Fullback. It's a fresh backline, I got the excitement back that I kind of lost with the Turbo news yesterday. We can win this!!

40 nil

It's only a game ...
The other side of the coin is can Tuipolotu hold Gagai defensively, especially if Newcastle do complete better than last week.
Alternately, how has Parker defended in recent matches against Gagai? To be honest, I can't remember.

With limited preparation time for this match, it is unlikely that Des will be tinkering much with the selected side. However, it doesn't seem plausible that Walker will recover so quickly from his cork.

Edit: Gagai played left rather than right centre for Souths - Harper was marking him, not Parker.

Last edited:
I can't see Koula staying at Fullback or Tippytoes at Centre - Kuola will go to Centre, Tippytoes to wing, Garrick to Fullback - minimal disruption that way. Sipley will end up on the bench for Keppie. Weekes maybe for Walker if not fit.

JakeyB789

Reserve Grader
I can't see Koula staying at Fullback or Tippytoes at Centre - Kuola will go to Centre, Tippytoes to wing, Garrick to Fullback - minimal disruption that way. Sipley will end up on the bench for Keppie. Weekes maybe for Walker if not fit.
IMO there’s more disruption in having 2 rookies in Koula and Tuipulotu defending together on one edge and moving Garrick away from the wing. Agree with Sipley on the bench for Keppie and Weekes coming in for Walker if necessary though

This is the best team we’ve named so far this year even with Turbo out and hopefully these 2 young guns cement their place in the team. With them in the centres and Turbo and Schuster coming back we’ll be in great shape come year end

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
Must admit I was around re ole Des, thought for sure Reubs would have been fb. Only change I can see will be Parker slotting back in if over the Covid for Tui. Otherwise let’s give it a shot. Both Tui and Koula will be busting at the seems to have big games. Looking forward to it tbh.

IMO there’s more disruption in having 2 rookies in Koula and Tuipulotu defending together on one edge and moving Garrick away from the wing. Agree with Sipley on the bench for Keppie and Weekes coming in for Walker if necessary though

This is the best team we’ve named so far this year even with Turbo out and hopefully these 2 young guns cement their place in the team. With them in the centres and Turbo and Schuster coming back we’ll be in great shape come year end
Good point - I didn't think about the youngsters playing side by side. So maybe they do play Koula at FB. Very surprising if they do. He isn't tall which is a huge issue but he might provide some real attacking zing. The other negative about him playing FB is the organising of the defence - that is a massive massive task and gee it is a huge ask for a young player to come in and do that. That alone convinced me that he wouldn't be playing at FB. The responsibility and skill required to do that is huge. That is why I thought Garrick to FB and purely because he has played there before and improved at FB after a very shaky start last year while Turbo was injured. Tippytoes was a nice addition on the wing in the trials - very Jorge like and carted the ball out from our end with some real grunt. Will be interesting to see what the mad scientist does but no way that 17 stays as it is. My team also was predicated on Parker not being available because his COVID timeline wasn't up or else he slots straight back in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18