Pre-Game Knights v Manly [Round 5, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

6 30
McDonald Jones Stadium
07 Apr 2022 07:50 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Knights v Manly [Round 5, 2022]

MATCH DAY

Thursday 7th April 2022

Venue:
.... McDonald Jones Stadium, Newcastle

Gates Open:....TBA.

NRL Kick Off Time:.... Newcastle Knights vs Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles - 7:50pm.

TICKETING

Click here

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

05. Reuben Garrick
02. Jason Saab
04. Morgan Harper
20. Brad Parker
03. Christian Tuipulotu
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans (c)

08. Josh Aloiai
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Martin Taupau
11. Haumole Olakau’atu
12. Andrew Davey
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Dylan Walker
15. Karl Lawton
16. Sean Keppie
17. Taniela Paseka

Replacement:

24. Ben Trbojevic.

Reserves:

Out:

01. Tolutau Koula
18. Ethan Bullemor
19. Toafofoa Sipley
21. Jorge Taufua
22. Kurt De Luis
23. Kaeo Weekes.

Available But Not Selected:
  • Morgan Boyle
  • James Roumanos
  • Alec Tuitavake
  • Sione Fainu
  • Jamie Humphreys - Development Player
  • Gordon Chan Kum Tong - Development Player
  • Jacob Sykes - Development Player.

From the 'NRL Casualty Ward - All the Latest Injury News' web page, Here is the Latest NRL Injured or Unavailable Update:

(Updated: Tuesday, 05 April 2022)

Manly superstar Tom Trbojevic will be sidelined for at least a month after scans confirmed he suffered medial ligament damage in Saturday's win over the Raiders. Trbojevic will undergo knee surgery this week with a hopeful return period of four weeks.

The Sea Eagles will travel to Newcastle on Sunday for a clash against the Knights with Brad Parker (COVID-19) and Dylan Walker (knee) also in doubt.

Manly Sea Eagles
  • Josh Schuster (Ankle, Round 6)
  • Tom Trbojevic (Knee, Round 9)
  • Brad Parker (COVID protocols, TBC)

However, from the NRL Casualty Ward, Manly hub page, there are slight variations to the information regarding the unavailable or injured players and their return periods:

• Brad Parker (COVID protocols, Round 5)
  • Josh Schuster (Ankle, Round 6)
  • Tom Trbojevic (Knee, Round 9)

First!

sheesh, get it together guys and pull yer finger out!

And that saying is apparently related to the old days of firing cannons.

Anyway... go Manly! 2.50am start time here so I wont be up with you champs (soft).

Hope tom is ok. I would like to see Koula in there somewhere tbh.

I'm hoping to see Koula named at centre (partly for Manly, partly for SuperCoach), but Parker comes back in and Harper may have done enough to earn a stay of execution. Won't be surprised either way.

If only we could just play Turbo vs Ponga 1v1.
If Parker was diagnosed with Covid just prior to the last game (can anyone confirm?), then he'd have to do his 7 days and still be out given its a Thu game this week.

Gone for 4 weeks turbo posted this elsewhere but relevant also here.

With knights titans sharks and then south's

I think if we can win 1/3 and have a fresh turbo back for south's game I can cop that.

Not going to be easy could be very easy 0/4 over the next month. This is really going to test us

This period and origin will decide our season I think. I know it's being captain obvious but we lose a big chunk of games in both these periods without turbo I just don't see us getting enough wins to make the 8.

Big 4 weeks coming up

Weekes to fullback. If Parker is back possibly koula to fullback, but I think weekes has more creativity, so it depends what Des is after.

If walker is out then a fullback with a passing and kicking game would be better than a speedster.

Also manly needs to understand that Best is a terrible slide defender, with very little lateral movement. Don’t run straight into him though.

Aloiai's form last week was very encouraging. I thought it was his best game for Manly and we need him to step it up from here on.
If he does then it could make the difference and spur the likes of Paseka and Keppie on to the heights they've only shown glimpses of so far.
In this game we'll need a dominant pack, clever halves and plenty of speed out wide.
Go Manly, you can do this!

01. Garrick
02. Saab
03. Parker
04. Harper
05. Koula
06. Foran
07. DCE
08. Aloiai
09. Lawton
10. Paseka
11. Smole
12. Davey
13. Jake

14. Walker
15. Bully
16. Marty
17. Keppie/Sipley

The Knights are without Klemmer, Mitch "elbows" Barnett, Lachlan Fitzgibbon and Tyson Frizell. Thats practically all their forward pack. The mighty Manly Sea Eagles should bashed (legally of course) the forwards and DCE and Foz will take care of the restt.

Last edited:
The Knights are without Klemmer, Daniel Saifita, Mitch "elbows" Barnett, Lachlan Fitzgibbon and Tyson Frizell. Thats practically all their forward pack. The mighty Manly Sea Eagles should bashed (legally of course) the forwards and DCE and Foz will take care of the restt.
Saifiti played last week and Frizell is not confirmed to be out , has hamstring issue.

1.koula
2.saab
3.parker (if iso is over)
4.harper
5.garrick
6.foz
7.dce
8.aloiai
9.croker
10.marty
11.shmole
12.davey
13.jurbo
14.lawton(if dwalkz is out)
15.bully
16.keppie
17.paseka

idk also weekes could be potential 14 and then rest of bench lawton, paseka, keppie although i really liked bullemor in the first weeks

Garrick at fullback is a proven mistake. He is at hone on the wing:

Oh yeah I think this was the last time we picked him at fullback, 2 points from Silvertails in the MVP, 7 goals and a brilliant try.
So maybe a proven mistake or maybe you're thinking of some other game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10