Pre-Game Knights v Manly [Round 5, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

6 30
McDonald Jones Stadium
07 Apr 2022 07:50 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeagle

Reserve Grader
Garrick had that very good game at fullback v cowboys, but in other games he played fullback he was relatively quiet, but he is pretty safe under the highball. if dessy wants someone more experienced he will play fullback otherwise koula and weekes are options.

Remy

shuu
The Knights are without Klemmer, Daniel Saifita, Mitch "elbows" Barnett, Lachlan Fitzgibbon and Tyson Frizell. Thats practically all their forward pack. The mighty Manly Sea Eagles should bashed (legally of course) the forwards and DCE and Foz will take care of the restt.
Ponga might be gone. But Daniel Saifiti, where did u hear this?

Eagle 1

First Grader
The Knights are without Klemmer, Daniel Saifita, Mitch "elbows" Barnett, Lachlan Fitzgibbon and Tyson Frizell. Thats practically all their forward pack. The mighty Manly Sea Eagles should bashed (legally of course) the forwards and DCE and Foz will take care of the restt.
ok...we take them on and completely dominate them in the forwards, DCE and Foz to supply the service..

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Gagai has been one of the Knight's best this year and will pose problems for our left centre, whether that be Parker or Koula. Young is also a bit of a threat in the air.
A win at Newcastle minus Turbo would be a huge boost for Manly's season, that's for sure. Should be a really good match (rules and refs permitting)

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Saw a snippet (might have been on Fox site?) apparently Sipley had a huge game for Blacktown last week. Good to know, just in case any of our other props have been struggling with niggling injury...

Brookie Bob

"I come back to you now at the turn of the tide"
"Ben Trbojevic returned from injury via Blacktown on Sunday. He was used in the second row last season but played in the centres. With his brother, Tom, out for four weeks coach Des Hasler will need to do some backline reshuffling. The chances of Trbojevic forcing his way into the centres is slim but his 137 running metres, 1 try assist and two tackle busts gives Hasler, at the very least, another option.

It’ll be hard for Hasler to ignore Toafofa Sipley’s basically flawless performance for Blacktown though — 254 running metres, one linebreak, three offloads and 22 tackles with zero missed."

Hmmm team for this weekend will have Garrick at Fullback, Tippytoes on the wing, Koula in the Centres, same forward pack with Sipley on the extended bench and he will replace Keppie in the actual side on the weekend. I am pretty comfortable with Garrick back there - certainly not Tom but he will be solid. Our forwards will have to pick up the "hit up" slack resulting from Tom being missed. How crazy even saying that but Tom was really hammering the ball in last week one off the ruck so the forwards need to step up. Tippytoes will give us some good Jorge type hit ups coming out of trouble. Keppie is proving too lazy in covering off the inside ball or the step back inside and is offering nothing in attack. Sipley off the back fence might offer more yards. But he is also lazy in defence so a bit of a wash there unless Sipley gets back and charges onto the ball.

eagle66

Bencher
Premium Member
I certainly hope this is handed to the team as a reminder

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Oh yeah I think this was the last time we picked him at fullback, 2 points from Silvertails in the MVP, 7 goals and a brilliant try.
So maybe a proven mistake or maybe you're thinking of some other game?

That was a game when we had a lot of possession and he was not tested defensively. Garrick is an excellent attacking player but he is not good as the last line of defence and has at times been a bit of a turnstile in cover defence playing fullback. That's why I consider him a better winger.

Ben

Bencher
Hmmm team for this weekend will have Garrick at Fullback, Tippytoes on the wing, Koula in the Centres, same forward pack with Sipley on the extended bench and he will replace Keppie in the actual side on the weekend. I am pretty comfortable with Garrick back there - certainly not Tom but he will be solid. Our forwards will have to pick up the "hit up" slack resulting from Tom being missed. How crazy even saying that but Tom was really hammering the ball in last week one off the ruck so the forwards need to step up. Tippytoes will give us some good Jorge type hit ups coming out of trouble. Keppie is proving too lazy in covering off the inside ball or the step back inside and is offering nothing in attack. Sipley off the back fence might offer more yards. But he is also lazy in defence so a bit of a wash there unless Sipley gets back and charges onto the ball.

Totally agree! I can’t stand watching teams scoring outside Keppie. You would of thought he’s learnt the 1st 15 times he’s been scored on not making the extra effort.
Surly this can’t go on. Where the hell is his accountability when it happens every week.

Totally agree! I can’t stand watching teams scoring outside Keppie. You would of thought he’s learnt the 1st 15 times he’s been scored on not making the extra effort.
Surly this can’t go on. Where the hell is his accountability when it happens every week.
yes - he just forgets and goes to sleep and is always a couple of steps slow and the break is made and the try scored... arghhhhhh. Mind you Sipley is not great either in defence but Keppie's attack has been terrible... he needs to get back off the long run and smash it into the defensive line not stand flat footed and then try to take off. Sipley at least will smash it in even though his last game he did nothing of the sort

Last edited:

manly al

First Grader
Good to have a couple of other options in koula and Weekes to cover full back but most likely Garrick will get i st consideration there , especially with koula to be required as a centre again . If Tippy toes went O K on the weekend , could be a wing addition , Keppie went reasonably well against the Dogs , so so against the Raiders but should still be part of the mix but maybe also hard to dismiss Sipley "s apparent strong effort at Black town . Walker not a definite starter so a bit to take into account for the side "s make up against the Knights .

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
No Turbo no hope of an easy win here. Even the TAB odds have Knights as favourites now. Our forwards have to back it up and crush the knights pack. If they do that then DCE , Foran have to take control in the wet and kick them out of the contest. Probably better that it will be a wet game. Will be an arm wrestle.

Mitch

Bencher
Keppie is costing us week in week out. Tuitavake should be the bench prop.
Yeah his error rate and lateral defense has been pretty poor at times. To be honest (and it's no knock on him as I think he is one of our most dangerous players), but Haumole has been caught out a few times now with that lateral defense. Definitely an area for improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15