Pre-Game Knights v Manly [Round 5, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

6 30
McDonald Jones Stadium
07 Apr 2022 07:50 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheikheagle

First Grader
Tipping Member
I feel a fair bit more confident because of Aloiai's form last week.
He was pretty impressive, just kept hitting it up and tackled hard and often.
Should give DCE and Foran a solid platform to try to dominate field position.
Considering it was his first hit out he was ultra impressive. Given he was either injured or suspended last year we didn’t see the best of him.

Shoe1

Journey Man
Not sure what you are saying. If you remember, Ziggy was the referee, not a touch judge - see Team Lists at this link

Ah I was wrong

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I feel a fair bit more confident because of Aloiai's form last week.
He was pretty impressive, just kept hitting it up and tackled hard and often.
Should give DCE and Foran a solid platform to try to dominate field position.
Agree.

Hopefully Des has pointed out to the other forwards how they are supposed to attack the defensive line by making them watch Aloiai's attack last week which gave DCE room to move and time to come up with some plays.

Remy

shuu
If Parker is good to go, quite certain Garrick will go to fullback and Koula to the wing. I think Garrick is only named on the wing now, so he can defend with Tui instead of having a new look defensive edge that will get targeted.

ManEagle

Just a Man and his Eagle
Well then, I hope the smoke and mirrors is only cover for the ducks and drakes, and he does a complete hocus pocus and runs the team as listed....
Now who would actually plan for that !
Cmon Dessie

skeagle

Reserve Grader
Idk if Parker will come in, if he contracted covid last Tuesday or Wednesday then that will only give him 1 day to train with the team. Hopefully, the backline sticks as we haven't seen much from Christian and will be good for him to finally get his opportunity.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Parker would not be clear to train with the team until tomorrow if he's negative test. I think Des will stick with the selected squad

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The only problem is that would leave a debutant and a one-game rookie to try to defend against the form centre of the comp, Gagai.
So I think they will run out as selected.
Dessie should have Guac running at/over Gagai. We seen what Telakai did to him last week. Gagai is the form centre for sure, but he doesn’t handle big buggers running at him.

Shoe1

Journey Man
I’ve watched a couple of knights games this year. I didn’t notice Gagai. Not sure why the fuss, this isn’t origin 5 years ago.

madmax

Bencher
Good point - I didn't think about the youngsters playing side by side. So maybe they do play Koula at FB. Very surprising if they do. He isn't tall which is a huge issue but he might provide some real attacking zing. The other negative about him playing FB is the organising of the defence - that is a massive massive task and gee it is a huge ask for a young player to come in and do that. That alone convinced me that he wouldn't be playing at FB. The responsibility and skill required to do that is huge. That is why I thought Garrick to FB and purely because he has played there before and improved at FB after a very shaky start last year while Turbo was injured. Tippytoes was a nice addition on the wing in the trials - very Jorge like and carted the ball out from our end with some real grunt. Will be interesting to see what the mad scientist does but no way that 17 stays as it is. My team also was predicated on Parker not being available because his COVID timeline wasn't up or else he slots straight back in.
Koula is the same height as Papy, Laurie & a few others….FB is & has always been his preferred position. He’ll be fine!

meat pies

Rookie
Koula is the same height as Papy, Laurie & a few others….FB is & has always been his preferred position. He’ll be fine!
Completely agree, size is not an issue and I believe he should be the fullback blooded to cover Turbo when injured or on origin duty. That said, he might be alongside Turbo in camp in the not so distant future and we'll need to find another one, up steps Weekes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20