Pre-Game Knights v Manly [Round 5, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

6 30
McDonald Jones Stadium
07 Apr 2022 07:50 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Back row looked solid.interested to see what happens when walker, schuster and lawnton all available for selection.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Agree 100%. Tuitavake was impressive in the trials. What is disconcerting is that he is on the bench for Ressies. Either he is being groomed to be a benchy for 1sts OR we don't rate him. He has played State junior reps and was picked in an Australian junior rep team. Been in the system for a few years now and deserving of a chance. What am I missing?
You're not missing anything. You like the rest of us have been sold the myth that we have this wonderfully successful pathways system that is the envy of most clubs. Well where is the success ? Where are all these outstanding players ? Basically it's yielded Schuster , Olakau'atu and maybe Koula as outstanding talent.

The Who

Journey Man
Just on Tippytoes, why hasn't he been given a chance in 1st grade? While not 'highly rated' at the Roosters he was rated and his trial form earlier this year was solid. he appears to be athletic and big bodied.

Harper was again rag dolled on the weekend so imagine him against Knights (Best/Gagai) or any of the top sides with big bodied centres and I just don't get it. He was in ressies at Dogs, was ok last year (except against top 4 sides where he was badly exposed) so its not like there is a lot of pedigree either. I can live with Parker's defence but Harper just gets pushed aside regularly. This along with a 'proper' number 9 is out most glaring issue.
The form of the Blacktown Workers would suggest he, and others in the Manly system, are nothing special. If they can't star at this level what chance is there in First Grade.
While Harpo's form this seasons has been down on his 2021 efforts I thought he had his best match this season against the Faders. I think he would be the first back dropped when all our options are available but it will take our Workers' players to step up and shine.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
We are no longer favourites to win ( as per Sportsbet ).

We need to prove we aren’t a one man team and it should start on Thursday night.
Come on @Mark from Brisbane you know what's going to happen. It'll be same old, same old. Forwards will take the easy options as well as errors and penalties, DCE will run around in circles and no one will pressure their attack or kickers. Without Turbo's 300m and 28 carrier per game we will be rudderless in the wet.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
You're not missing anything. You like the rest of us have been sold the myth that we have this wonderfully successful pathways system that is the envy of most clubs. Well where is the success ? Where are all these outstanding players ? Basically it's yielded Schuster , Olakau'atu and maybe Koula as outstanding talent.
How about Gutherson, Hynes, Turbo and Jurbo, Ramien, Knight, Verrills, probably a few more who have come up through Manly and become NRL players.

MW66

Reserve Grader
Maybe but he was also identified by junior rep selectors. I would also add Turbo, Jake, Manase F (before being stood down) Ramien, Knight, Gutho etc as pretty decent juniors that have come through.

MW66

Reserve Grader
The form of the Blacktown Workers would suggest he, and others in the Manly system, are nothing special. If they can't star at this level what chance is there in First Grade.
While Harpo's form this seasons has been down on his 2021 efforts I thought he had his best match this season against the Faders. I think he would be the first back dropped when all our options are available but it will take our Workers' players to step up and shine.
Again maybe but sometimes form in Ressies doesn't translate to playing with better players e.g. look at Schu, Olakatau, Harper last year. Started year in ressies and I don't think they set the world on fire. I would like to see Tui get a run. Prepared to bet he would at least hold his own.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
How about Gutherson, Hynes, Turbo and Jurbo, Ramien, Knight, Verrills, probably a few more who have come up through Manly and become NRL players.
Ummm yeah. The Turbos were before this miraculous pathway system was introduced and the rest aren't anywhere near the place.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Come on @Mark from Brisbane you know what's going to happen. It'll be same old, same old. Forwards will take the easy options as well as errors and penalties, DCE will run around in circles and no one will pressure their attack or kickers. Without Turbo's 300m and 28 carrier per game we will be rudderless in the wet.
I know BUT it’s time the team played as a team and showed us they are better than that !!

Ben

Bencher

Team list are in

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
I know BUT it’s time the team played as a team and showed us they are better than that !!
Mate I wish I could believe that. I'm just sick of watching rocks or diamonds performances for years now. We're almost into the longest drought ever between grand finals since 1947. It's sh*t, it's unacceptable and I never thought I'd live through another era like 1998 - 2007 but seriously since 2013 this has been diabolical.

40 nil

It's only a game ...
Teams in - Walker named on bench, Tolu as fullback & Christian as centre 👌

Also Parker (?), Burbo & Weekes named in reserves

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24