Kenny Edwards

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Oh I dont doubt his toughness & yes, Toovey is a perfect example of a small man playing well above his weight, but that was 10-plus years ago, & the size & mobility of the players & speed of the game has increased exponentially since then.

The halves in today's NRL are considerably bigger than they were even 10 years ago & will only continue to get bigger.
Size is important but resilience and toughness is too . There is hope for the smaller guys in the backline in NRL IMO

Last edited:
I just dont think Dufty has the size to be able to sustain a very long first grade NRL career.

He's a great player but the young blokes coming through these days are getting bigger & bigger & despite having all the heart, determination & hunger in the world, I think its inevitable that a point is reached where anyone under 6ft tall & 100kg (minimum) will struggle to break into first grade.

I have to disagree on this one. There are pros and cons for all body types but I don't think for a second that his size would prevent him from having a successful NRL career. The game is always involving with the speed and tempo. Along with Ado Carr it's great point of difference to have in any side that brings a surprising form of attack

Considering the steps the club has made re the culture of the team I do not see how he fits. I do think he could do some form of a job but does not strike me as a suitable off the park player

I just dont think Dufty has the size to be able to sustain a very long first grade NRL career.

He's a great player but the young blokes coming through these days are getting bigger & bigger & despite having all the heart, determination & hunger in the world, I think its inevitable that a point is reached where anyone under 6ft tall & 100kg (minimum) will struggle to break into first grade.
On weight alone then I could have a first grade career , it's just that I may have a problem with my 5' 7'' height, also the 100kg is not quite what you would say "all muscle.".

I don't have a problem bringing in a grub if they are a good footballer but...geez...

Jenny Edwards???!!!

He is absolute garbage. The amount of killer errors he makes...he is just about the most mistake prone footballer in the NRL.

He and Norman, the way they used to carry on...I've never wanted to smash my TV more than when those two high fived each other. Absolute pieces of **** those two!

For all those bagging Edwards as a grub.. you are all probably correct, he hasn't got the cleanest record on and off the field, nor does he set the world on fire as a player but he's got a bit of mongrel in him
and i feel under Des can do a job for us. ln fact hes exactly the type of forward we need right now. Let's face it our current mob are really good footballers and bust a ball having a go but looking at Jake, Marty, Curtis, Perrett, Api, Panseka, Sipley even Thompson "the man's man that Barrett raved about" really wouldn't strike too much fear in the oppositions pack as far as intimidation and personal wellbeing go... and i havnt even mentioned Frankenstien as hes about as scary as my pet bulldog. (While he's sleeping, which is 20hrs of the day).. really all the mongrel we have is AFB and Walks with Jorge out wide.
News flash for the "do gooder narks" Manly have always had grubby mongrels in their teams. Players that the opposition players and fans HATE and even though we love and adore them for giving blood to Manly there are thousands of opposition team fans calling our hero's grubs...
Steve Matai
Ron Gibbs
Bruce Walker
Mark Carroll
John Hopoate
Mal Reilly
Kevin Ward
Mark Broadhurst
Les Boyd
John O'Neil
JWH
Even the great Terry Randall and Tooves are despised and considered "grubs" by many opposing players and fans.
So i say bring on a couple of grubs, start with Edwards, go for Brown, Reynolds or Packer type players and bring back the mongrel and hate.
If Des is really getting the "band" back then getting our "we hate Manly" moto from the opposition is a necessary evil.
This is Rugby League not Lawn Bowls after all.

No offence, but at times like this I really wish there was an "idiot" button.

On another note, now that Kelly has been pushed out, apparently the dragons are shopping around dufty ( maybe hayne deal imminent). Do u think des would be keeping dufty on his radar and try to pick him up on a bargain deal with the dragons paying some freight? Possibly as a winger? Perhaps fullback with turbo in the centres?

No.

When I think about Manly players of the past who have been called grubs or dirty players mostly by opposing supporters I just see jealousy.
Because these players had skills and ability.
I refer to those in my time who I have defended in arguments about it namely
Malcolm Reilly, Tom Mooney , lurch O'Neil, Terry Randall, Ian Martin, Ron Gibbs or Choc.
The other thing was though most of these guys spent time suspended or penalised we always had depth to cover it.
We don't at the moment and I certainly do not put this bloke in the same category as any of the mentioned players for worth and ability.
Still no.

I don't have a problem bringing in a grub if they are a good footballer but...geez...

Jenny Edwards???!!!

He is absolute garbage. The amount of killer errors he makes...he is just about the most mistake prone footballer in the NRL.

He and Norman, the way they used to carry on...I've never wanted to smash my TV more than when those two high fived each other. Absolute pieces of **** those two!
And Guvvo carries on like a pork chop like that too.
It's the culture there.
It's like bringing imported ingredients into the honey.
It destroys the hive.
Keep it away from us.

ooo (2).jpg

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10