Kenny Edwards

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Wombat was better,and not a grub .
Saw Wombat at his best, however would still put Stewart in front based on his ability to score and set up tries.
Don't know about being a grub though?, sure he was pi$$ed of that his brother was moved on.

Saw Wombat at his best, however would still put Stewart in front based on his ability to score and set up tries.
Don't know about being a grub though?, sure he was pi$$ed of that his brother was moved on.
Pete . This is a difficult one . Both Great players . Both different players . I think Eadie was the complete package . Not much in it as the Snake was devastating at his best but so was Wombat . No better runner in making yards bringing the ball out than Wombat and if there were no gaps on the field there were no problems for Wombat as he would just power through players . Just My view for what it is worth my Sylvanian friend
Wombat destroyed the Sharks in the 1978 grand final in another one of his man of the mach performances for Manly .

Wombat was probably the hardest defensive FB ever. I remember him taking opponents almost into the fence at Brooky several times and on his day was a devastating attacker. Always clean, but hard as nails and a nicer guy you will never meet.
I wouldn't swap him for anyone.
That's the thing . We all have our favourites . Wombat was mine . Good man as well off the field

Last edited:
Brett was not a grub,I was targeting Slater.

As much as we all hate Grub Slater he is still one of the best fullbacks of all time. He has a pretty good year 2018 and is still tiny.

5’10” and 90kg might be on the small side for an NRL player, but it’s not ‘tiny’ by any normal standards!

(Dufty is about the same height, BTW, but around 10kg lighter than Slater. Tooves, on the other hand, is a genuinely small guy, at a good 4 inches shorter than that, and played at around 70kg).

Last edited:
5’10” and 90kg might be on the small side for an NRL player, but it’s not ‘tiny’ by any normal standards!
Body weight is one thing and strength within the body is another . Big does not always amount to strong . Some guys in the Gym have a small frame but lift more than guys with bigger frames . The old saying about the fight in the dog is true

Body weight is one thing and strength within the body is another . Big does not always amount to strong . Some guys in the Gym have a small frame but lift more than guys with bigger frames . The old saying about the fight in the dog is true

I’m well aware of that. The point is, people were referring to Billy Slater as ‘tiny’, when in fact he’s of slightly above average height and weight. Matt Dufty is also slightly above the average height for an Australian male, albeit a bit lighter.

Geoff Toovey is the only one of the three mentioned who is actually of small stature by normal standards - which is a pretty good illustration of how much bigger NRL players are now compared to his playing days. You hear commentators refer to ‘the little halfback’ etc, when guys like DCE, Mitchell Pearce, Benji Marshall and the like are not ‘little’ at all - they’re actually pretty big guys, by normal measures.

Oh, and in combat sports - fighters are separated into weight divisions for very good reasons. You can be the fightiest fox terrier out there, you’re still going to get badly hurt if a Rottweiler gets a good piece of you.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8