Kelma Tuilagi

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Maybe I missed someone mentioning it already, but Kelma Tuilagi showed great sportsmanship against the storm in round 1.
He assisted George Jennings off the field with a storm trainer after George suffered a bad injury. He looks to have passed the ‘good bloke’ policy. Des will like that..

Confirmation from the man himself:

Meanwhile, Tuilagi, who was arguably the Tigers’ best in the first half during the 26-16 loss to Melbourne, revealed he had taken up a three-year deal with the Sea Eagles.

The hard-running Samoan met with Manly officials at his western Sydney home on November 1 - the first day rival clubs could officially approach him - and wanted to be the first to break the news to Maguire.

“I took a three-year deal with Manly,” Tuilagi said. “[Manly recruitment manager] Scott Fulton said I’d have to work hard for my spot at Manly, but they saw something in me and I’d be a starting back-rower if I came over. I still need to fight for that spot.

“The Tigers offered me two years. I wanted to let Madge know once I signed with Manly. The week I went to tell him, he had COVID - so I had to wait another seven days before I told him face to face.

“He was shocked and told me he was confident I’d stay. I told him I was only focused on the Tigers and not Manly for this year. He told me I had worked my arse off over the pre-season, he liked what he had seen, and I got that starting opportunity on the weekend.”

Meanwhile, Tuilagi, who was arguably the Tigers’ best in the first half during the 26-16 loss to Melbourne, revealed he had taken up a three-year deal with the Sea Eagles.

The hard-running Samoan met with Manly officials at his western Sydney home on November 1 - the first day rival clubs could officially approach him - and wanted to be the first to break the news to Maguire.

“I took a three-year deal with Manly,” Tuilagi said. “[Manly recruitment manager] Scott Fulton said I’d have to work hard for my spot at Manly, but they saw something in me and I’d be a starting back-rower if I came over. I still need to fight for that spot.

“The Tigers offered me two years. I wanted to let Madge know once I signed with Manly. The week I went to tell him, he had COVID - so I had to wait another seven days before I told him face to face.

“He was shocked and told me he was confident I’d stay. I told him I was only focused on the Tigers and not Manly for this year. He told me I had worked my arse off over the pre-season, he liked what he had seen, and I got that starting opportunity on the weekend.”
If true,kudos to both Tuilagi & Madge. Hopefully he will continue to be selected for Tiges based on merit

Awesome signing. Lets focus on him when he gets here. He's not going to do much for us this season ….

Why has it taken from February 6 for this news to be reported in mainstream media?
Don't sports writers monitor this site any longer for their "scoops"?

I just had a look on the Tigers forum to see what they've got to say and a lot of them are pretty upset he is leaving. However, a few guys on there reckon he's signed with Manly for over 1.5 mil across 3 seasons which seems like a fair bit of money. They haven't provided a source for that yet though and it's not in any of the articles I've read so I'd say it's probably just a number someone made up.

I just had a look on the Tigers forum to see what they've got to say and a lot of them are pretty upset he is leaving. However, a few guys on there reckon he's signed with Manly for over 1.5 mil across 3 seasons which seems like a fair bit of money. They haven't provided a source for that yet though and it's not in any of the articles I've read so I'd say it's probably just a number someone made up.
Yeah they have there knickers in a knot

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8