Kelma Tuilagi

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
The rules were changed pretty much as a direct result of DCE using the then cooling off period, totally legally. The NRL thought it wasn't a good look (fair enough) so there is still a cooling off period but it is much shorter.
Possibly why Manly hasn't announced his signing yet. However why anyone would prefer to stay there than come to Manly... defies all sense!
He's apparently knocked back their advances, I'm pretty sure he'll be at Brookie next year

Obviously I hope he comes to Manly next season, but do we really need another second rower? We've got Guaca, Davey, Bullemore, The Lawman, The Shoe (who will probably become 5/8 next season.
Kelma plays like Guaca, only not quite as well. Do we need such similar second rowers? Having a solid defence second rower seems more sensible to me.
do you think bullemore, replaces marty up front and we get tuilagi, davey is unsigned but i hope we keep him
last year we had 5 backrowers injured in the first month it seemed

Obviously I hope he comes to Manly next season, but do we really need another second rower? We've got Guaca, Davey, Bullemore, The Lawman, The Shoe (who will probably become 5/8 next season.
Kelma plays like Guaca, only not quite as well. Do we need such similar second rowers? Having a solid defence second rower seems more sensible to me.
Kelma can become on the same level as Guac and is similar to Guac in defense. Hits hard but still learning the sliding defense. Kelma has been Tigers' best player this year, why wouldn't we want him??

Two damaging ball runners on both edges, let's get as much X factor and strike whilst we can if we want to win a premiership soon. Plus we got him before the season so must've got him for very cheap considering how high his market value will be once this season ends if he continues his form.

Tuilagi will be a great addition. For the best chance of converting our premiership window to success we need a squad stacked with able players, not a squad with a great first 17 or even 20 but then tailing off into youngsters with potential or journeymen.

Good example is the Eels, they've built a very deep squad over the last few years, especially in the forwards, so if anyone is missing on any given day it doesn't bother the side too much. Of course they lack the very top level gamebreaker as a trade-off. It's a delicate balancing act for sure.

Davey is a solid player. But let's face it, tualagi has time on his side. And will end up the better player. I would still like to see davey extended though. A handy depth player

We have enough edge players and he is overrated. He threw an offload for a try in rd.1 and that’s about it. People mistakenly think he is 18-19 year old prodigy that’s going to develop into an elite player in a few years. He’s actually struggled to crack FG on a regular basis thus far in his career. He’ll be 24 next year with less than 30 games to his name.

Not saying he is not a FG footballer and by all means, he’d be a decent signing if we were struggling for back rowers, but you’d think he’s the second coming of Christ if you read this thread.

We have enough edge players and he is overrated. He threw an offload for a try in rd.1 and that’s about it. People mistakenly think he is 18-19 year old prodigy that’s going to develop into an elite player in a few years. He’s actually struggled to crack FG on a regular basis thus far in his career. He’ll be 24 next year with less than 30 games to his name.

Not saying he is not a FG footballer and by all means, he’d be a decent signing if we were struggling for back rowers, but you’d think he’s the second coming of Christ if you read this thread.
its silvertails dude, thats what happens. reality and enthusiasm blend to create frankenforward
also if he has 3 good games a year , you will know about it, thats also silvertails. its a fun ride

i dont watch tigers but i dont want davey replaced

Davey is a solid player. But let's face it, tualagi has time on his side. And will end up the better player. I would still like to see davey extended though. A handy depth player
Davey more than just depth. Age and injuries the only thing stopping him from being a main stay in our 17 for at least a few years. Tuilagi has x factor, Davey is hard. the type you especially need to counter balance

Davey more than just depth. Age and injuries the only thing stopping him from being a main stay in our 17 for at least a few years. Tuilagi has x factor, Davey is hard. the type you especially need to counter balance
Tualagi is a shining light for a dismal tigers team. Davey is playing well here, but I wonder if the roles were reversed whether daveys name would be featuring as much as the others at the Tigers? Tuilagi is not the finished product yet either, needs work on his defence but has a strong carry, hits in defence and has the smarts. His style reminds me of a felise kaufusi

I think he possible reshapes the team
there is a time coming when jake is maybe not in the best 3 BACKROWERS in the team,maybe even now but probably the most consistent part of our structure as far as attack is concerned and team soul. has to play long minutes but will it always be at 13 .

the conundrum that is josh schuster and the effect that has on the back row, bench or halves

Hooker im not seeing manase ousting frog who apparently has learnt to pass since DCE stopped copping it ( just quietly ) so i expect fainu to be bench which begs the lawnton question . do we carry 3 fwds and fainu as a bench or does lawman become mr flexi . if he does im not seeing many centre, wing type fill ins in case of injury

marty no contract playing ok but his BE contract hurts him currently, seems surplus atm with sips and bully getting few runs, and BOYLE has to go , bully slides up front as bench prop maybe

davey no contract cheap, playing well and adding valuable role to our side. not flashy

walker leaving, really bad, lawnton doesnt provide walkers skills. get him to reneg NOW
if we are building , he is vital

now ive typed it i do wonder if we need him, we are not stacked with back up forwards but not sure he is the body type we need , surely we cant keep boyle.

interesting

Has a bit of a history with head knocks which is a little bit of a concern. Also a couple of shoulder injures.

Also this seems to confirm he won't be reneging

Tuilagi is bound for Manly on a three-year deal after Sea Eagles football manager Scott Fulton paid a visit to the 23-year-old’s western Sydney home on November 1 last year, the first day he could officially negotiate with the Samoan powerhouse.

The Tigers recently made subtle inquiries about Tuilagi staying put beyond this season, but he remains committed to the Manly move, just as he will give everything to the Tigers before he departs.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11