June 30 Deadline

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Interesting development just hit the news. Kayla Pritchard has just announced his retirement. He suffered an injury mid last year and hasn’t been able to recover. According to Wikipedia he signed an extension with the Eels AFTER he was injured. The very epitome of a pre existing injury. What are the odds that the Eels will be able to cross him off the player list and re-spend his money on someone else before a June 30.

Interesting development just hit the news. Kayla Pritchard has just announced his retirement. He suffered an injury mid last year and hasn’t been able to recover. According to Wikipedia he signed an extension with the Eels AFTER he was injured. The very epitome of a pre existing injury. What are the odds that the Eels will be able to cross him off the player list and re-spend his money on someone else before a June 30.

Like Api?
Gee I cant stand how the Dalahi Arfur is constantly sniffing around anything that is Manly .Find your own Arfur you hopeless flogger

Like Api?
Gee I cant stand how the Dalahi Arfur is constantly sniffing around anything that is Manly .Find your own Arfur you hopeless flogger

Or Fainu, after his hand at ripping the place apart he is up there with my worst hated personalities. I do cut him some slack as he makes me laugh when he fails so consistently

Not too sure that there would be enough margin left in this year"s cap to recruit any more personal before June 30 without releasing any present listed players . Still a lot to play out for this season but probably also and primarily a serious emphasis on just re signing the preferred options in the current squad off contract after 2019 . Still quite a list too , taking into account guys like Parker , Walker , Jet Ski , Croker , Cust ,Sipley and Jorge are in this category . Already bought in guys like Boyle and Sam Smith in any case and Nathan Davis from the Black Town Workers could be one to keep an eye on too . Anyway time will tell in due course no doubt.

I'm really hoping we can pick up RCG, if the price is right.
Manly have always gone well with a moustache or two in the roster

giphy.gif

If Dessy wants both Api and Fainu he will keep them both. Dessy is a respected premiership winning coach and the players will stay with that in mind. I can't see parramatta signing any players that Dessy wants to keep.
I heard from a very reliable source this evening, that our very own king Desmond happens to be an anti-Vaxer. Never had a flu shot and hasn’t been infected by influenza for years apparently.

If Dessy wants both Api and Fainu he will keep them both. Dessy is a respected premiership winning coach and the players will stay with that in mind. I can't see parramatta signing any players that Dessy wants to keep.
Yes I think that the dust has well and truly settled on the ‘Arthur Effect’ at Manly. He picked up two emotionally immature and effectively over the hill stars and then a promising junior we should have hung onto.

Other than that, not much else.

As others have said; if we don't buy anyone now then I suspect that any money we have freed up this year will be paid to existing players as forward payments (into this year's cap) which will provide some cap space in the next year or two. Obviously some of it will need to go to youngsters to bring them into the top thirty for this year. Probably the way to go if there isn't anyone of note available.

Canterbury forward Rhyse Martin has been granted a released effective immediately to join English Super League side Leeds Rhinos.

As others have said; if we don't buy anyone now then I suspect that any money we have freed up this year will be paid to existing players as forward payments (into this year's cap) which will provide some cap space in the next year or two. Obviously some of it will need to go to youngsters to bring them into the top thirty for this year. Probably the way to go if there isn't anyone of note available.

For argument sake if player A is on 100k we pay him 120k this year and he receives 80k next year?
Talking about forward payment and not upgrades.

We still have to name a 30th man to the squad though and that has to happen today I thought. We currently have named 29 I thought.
If it's a youngster getting upgraded, the club has to announce...
Zac Saddler??

Would people be happy if we kept the same squad for next year with no signings moving forward barring thommo and perrett??

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7