June 30 Deadline

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Think this Gagai stuff is getting a tad exaggerated....Yes he played well in SOO and has in other games also but-
Many tries he scores in SOO are off deft passes after a 2 on 1 situation that many NRL wingers would finish, he is not doing a Radradra and beating 3-4 players from 70m out.
The intercept was a Cracker and a game changer....but how many has he taken like this in the NRL....and to be honest, was a shocking - weird Wighton pass??
Would take him at Manly, but would be a fair way down on the shopping list...
What's the opinions out there, maybe I'm being harsh, but reckon the recent talk is over the Top.
I think a couple of years ago he got the Best Player of the Series award from QLD which is a fair effort playing wing. The thing is, when he plays Origin he is always very involved and prominent and doesnt make errors - when there's an opportunity to score he invariably does. So he produces at a high level consistently on the biggest stage. Makes him a pretty fair player, mate. Plus on a secondary note, I adore how the commentators refer to him as, "Gay Guy". Always gives me tingles.

Fact is...for whatever reason we are not the sort of team that makes field-length breaks from our own end, and races away to score. We bust up through the middle with hard runs and offloads, then back up the play to get into space. Or, failing that, build pressure on the opposition goal line then smash over from close range off a good pass. Do we really NEED a ton of speed out wide, or is 'reasonably fast' good enough, since the upside of Jorge etc is the great kick returns and bashing over from five out?

A coach only has the option of playing to the strengths and capabilities of his roster .... however he can over time rebuild a team of players that fit the style that he wishes to play.

At the moment the style you describe is the one that suits us .... whilst there is nothing better in Rugby League than speed, and every coach would want it ... to be realistic there is probably only 6-8 genuinely "fast" players to go around 16 teams at the moment and a bunch of quick ones .... Not every team can have them and they are usually expensive sideline minders ..

It sometimes a choice .... for example would you swap AFB for a prop on $150k less . to pay a fast winger $150k more ? .. some might, but there is always a trade off ...

I still find off loading tangles to the UK strange. Paseka has looked more than capable though. I just can't help but feel if someone does come in before June 30, someone who isn't already at the club, it will be a forward.

Thank goodness Paul Crawley see,s it the way I see it. He said when is the NRL going to come out and say ,enough is enough, a contact is a contract, but we all know that wont happen, dont we. Whats the bet both he ( Gagai) and RCG end up at the dogs, who cant buy any big name players for 2 years..:swear::swear:

Suli has only just turned 21. Gagai is 28. I know Suli has his problems but I think he is improving and looks likely to be a top centre. I don't think we need an older player to replace someone on the rise. I'd stick with Suli.

I really hope we keep Suli. Still growing as a player and in size. In 2 years he really is going to be a powerhouse. Seems to be warming to the task a little. Just needs to keep working hard.

If we are really lucky, Des will make the big decision by June 30th:

Cut Dylan Walker.

What a liability and destabilising influence to our defensive unit.

I dearly hope we don't retain him at the end of his contract, and save the money from this 'state of origin' player
I needed a good laugh....I truly hope he’s re-signed long term!

Not reliable however I have also read that he is far from happy about being pushed out to the wing after Roberts signing.
He also said he wants to go to a club where he will be assured of playing centre.......not wing! Also why get rid of Suli? There are other players that should be released before him! Elliot, Elgey & Perret to name a few!

I don't think we could afford Gagai and he wouldn't entertain the idea of coming here unless we guaranteed him a centre position although he is a talented player I personally think he is a bit of a grub... for mine the money would be better spent on our youth but that's just my opinion.

Des is doing a great job I'm excited and proud again about our performances this season.. At the back of my mind though is still the memory of the mess he left us in with back ended contracts, I look at what the doggies are going thru and I'm hoping he has learnt his lesson back ended contracts leave too much pressure on any club .I just hope someone is keeping him in line with that side of things.

So back to who we buy..... I think we should be re-investing in our youth for the future and any bargain Crusher can find.. He has an eye for talent that man.....

I think we can finish top eight and if we could keep a full strength team on the park I think a top four and anything is possible from there .

Thank goodness Paul Crawley see,s it the way I see it. He said when is the NRL going to come out and say ,enough is enough, a contact is a contract, but we all know that wont happen, dont we. Whats the bet both he ( Gagai) and RCG end up at the dogs, who cant buy any big name players for 2 years..:swear::swear:

If two parties want to dissolve a contract, what right does the NRL have to enforce it?

Our young wingers, Hopoate & Anderson, may or may not make it to first grade next year. If Manly wished to import an established try scoring winger, Sosaia Feki from the Sharks is off contract for 2020. For less money, I think he would be a better option than Gagai - they are both 28.

If two parties want to dissolve a contract, what right does the NRL have to enforce it?
Yeah I see what you are saying Disco but its becoming a joke. Why sign a contract then in the first place, do a handshake deal then. The games a disgrace at the moment, players unhappy because another player comes in and they dont like him or get on with him. A player signs a contract, then a few weeks later has second thoughts and wants to get out of that contract and I will say it again, the old I want out for personal reasons. That one is used so many times, its hard to tell if thats true. Im sorry ,but the game is dying in my eye,s. I used watch nearly every game of footy a few years back, but now I watch about 10 min and then switch over. The only games I watch are Manly games. The people that are running the game now are ruining the game.They dont have a clue. And the total bias to certain clubs is embarrassing to say the least and what makes it worse, they dont try and hide it. If it wasnt for blokes like Kent, Crawley and Ikin, then no one else will raise the fact of all the downfalls in our game today. Here endeth my rant..:rock::rock::rock:

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6