June 30 Deadline

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I may be wrong...and often am...but I get a sense that Des is in no rush to sign anyone else this year, knowing that he has a lot of players coming off contracts this years end and there are a couple of players in the juniors who need to be added for next year.

Given most juniors will be cheaper than going into the market for a middle range player, Des may decide not to commit money to an outsider when he has the basis of a top tier side on the rise. Just looking through the side its obvious the big five will be the basis of the side (ie TT, DCE, JT, AFB and Taupau). Add to that Suli, Cust, Sirro, Waddell, Garrett, Fainu, Api, Parker and you have most positions covered. The question will be do we keep Walker, Croker, Taufua, Elgey etc. Remember we have Schuster, Albert Hoppa, Ben T, Fainu jnr etc possibly worthy of a first grade spot at some time in 2020 as well as Anderson, Gosi, Paseka, Boyle, Olak, Funa, Metcalf, Elliott, Misi, Keppie, Kioa and Sipley to consider,

I doubt there is room for more than one or two recruits at years end. To buy now with a contract extending several years restricts Manly in holding what they have. Many will depart, but there are many juniors worth a close look at.

For Des the aim is the finals this year. Next year with some talent coming through the aim will be top 4
Probably quite true about Des being in no rush, nevertheless I'd be surprised if we didn't sign at least one new first grade player for next year.
It would be to strengthen an area we need, plus simply to 'refresh' the playing group by bringing in new blood.
You are right about some top new kids coming through, but also remember, many of them never make it at the next level.

I may be wrong...and often am...but I get a sense that Des is in no rush to sign anyone else this year, knowing that he has a lot of players coming off contracts this years end and there are a couple of players in the juniors who need to be added for next year.

Given most juniors will be cheaper than going into the market for a middle range player, Des may decide not to commit money to an outsider when he has the basis of a top tier side on the rise. Just looking through the side its obvious the big five will be the basis of the side (ie TT, DCE, JT, AFB and Taupau). Add to that Suli, Cust, Sirro, Waddell, Garrett, Fainu, Api, Parker and you have most positions covered. The question will be do we keep Walker, Croker, Taufua, Elgey etc. Remember we have Schuster, Albert Hoppa, Ben T, Fainu jnr etc possibly worthy of a first grade spot at some time in 2020 as well as Anderson, Gosi, Paseka, Boyle, Olak, Funa, Metcalf, Elliott, Misi, Keppie, Kioa and Sipley to consider,

I doubt there is room for more than one or two recruits at years end. To buy now with a contract extending several years restricts Manly in holding what they have. Many will depart, but there are many juniors worth a close look at.

For Des the aim is the finals this year. Next year with some talent coming through the aim will be top 4

If Burbo is old enough next season I could see him slotting into Walkers Centre spot.

Or at the very least if Jorge moves on put him on the wing while he builds NRL fitness.

I could see a future of Burbo and Hopa on one side of the field and could potentially ease cap pressure.

If Joshua Schuster is as good as we hope/believe, he could go close to partnering DCE next year in the halves... size and strength doesn't look like it will be an issue for him, despite his age. It is a young man's game these days.

Probably quite true about Des being in no rush, nevertheless I'd be surprised if we didn't sign at least one new first grade player for next year.
It would be to strengthen an area we need, plus simply to 'refresh' the playing group by bringing in new blood.
You are right about some top new kids coming through, but also remember, many of them never make it at the next level.

Not suggesting Des wont sign up someone after the season is finished. One maybe two. I just have this sense he wont be in a rush to sign anyone before June 30. And I suspect he will continue to look for cheapies because of so many coming off contract. Who does he keep, who does he let go, and who of the juniors will be getting a contract for next year?

Really ! He’s just what we need. Can’t believe Bunnies would even consider getting rid of him. His record in origin is as good as any outside back that has played. The sort of player you want in September.Dare to dream I suppose.We need speed badly.

State of origin Gagai I would take in a heartbeat, rest of the year Gagai is not worth the money he would want
He’s never been coached by Des. He’d be a sensational get. We need modern NRL wingers. It’s one area where we are at end of the queue big time compared to the top sides.

And ....

Gagai 156 runs for 1366m ...
Jorge ...156 runs for 1380m ...

I am struggling to see the big difference in performance ... except for Jorges 5 tries to Gagai's one ...

Fact is...for whatever reason we are not the sort of team that makes field-length breaks from our own end, and races away to score. We bust up through the middle with hard runs and offloads, then back up the play to get into space. Or, failing that, build pressure on the opposition goal line then smash over from close range off a good pass. Do we really NEED a ton of speed out wide, or is 'reasonably fast' good enough, since the upside of Jorge etc is the great kick returns and bashing over from five out?

Think this Gagai stuff is getting a tad exaggerated....Yes he played well in SOO and has in other games also but-
Many tries he scores in SOO are off deft passes after a 2 on 1 situation that many NRL wingers would finish, he is not doing a Radradra and beating 3-4 players from 70m out.
The intercept was a Cracker and a game changer....but how many has he taken like this in the NRL....and to be honest, was a shocking - weird Wighton pass??
Would take him at Manly, but would be a fair way down on the shopping list...
What's the opinions out there, maybe I'm being harsh, but reckon the recent talk is over the Top.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6