June 30 Deadline

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Its not just about signings, its who we may want to let go.. a month ago every man and their dog was happy to let Api walk, but I sense that may no longer be the case.
If we offload some players then I guess that opens room in our roster for 2019 and beyond.

I don't think we'll be mounting a serious challenge at the title this year so I'd rather we just spent any cap space upgrading youngsters with a view to rounding out the roster in 2020.
Mate you never know what can happen in this comp. look at easts and souths, flying high three weeks ago and now injury depleted and vulnerable. Seriously if melb lost smith and Munster it would b the same story. I’m hoping we have had our bad run of injuries and it’s onward and upward. Make the 8 with a healthy roster and who knows. When fully fit we have a starting 13 that can rival most other teams. On the signing front tho, no changes just upgrade some of the young blokes like suggested.

I don't think we'll be mounting a serious challenge at the title this year so I'd rather we just spent any cap space upgrading youngsters with a view to rounding out the roster in 2020.

Agree .... but it also depends on opportunity .... if a quality player is disgruntled and becomes available ... then we may act.

Its not just about signings, its who we may want to let go.. a month ago every man and their dog was happy to let Api walk, but I sense that may no longer be the case.
If we offload some players then I guess that opens room in our roster for 2019 and beyond.
Well we could be like the dogs who cant buy anyone for 2 years yet they just signed DWZ and Joe Stimson from the Storm. Then again the current CEO of the NRL is their former CEO and he did recommend their current CEO, so I reckon anything is possible

I am hoping for Munster, James Graham and Sam Burgess.

Pfft.....Sam would play one game for us, get put on report for his usual grub act and be rubbed out until his contract runs out.

Of course, the same offence in his current colours would be laughed off by the MRC and judiciary.....

Munster on the other hand combines well with Cherry. Dare to dream lol

I may be wrong...and often am...but I get a sense that Des is in no rush to sign anyone else this year, knowing that he has a lot of players coming off contracts this years end and there are a couple of players in the juniors who need to be added for next year.

Given most juniors will be cheaper than going into the market for a middle range player, Des may decide not to commit money to an outsider when he has the basis of a top tier side on the rise. Just looking through the side its obvious the big five will be the basis of the side (ie TT, DCE, JT, AFB and Taupau). Add to that Suli, Cust, Sirro, Waddell, Garrett, Fainu, Api, Parker and you have most positions covered. The question will be do we keep Walker, Croker, Taufua, Elgey etc. Remember we have Schuster, Albert Hoppa, Ben T, Fainu jnr etc possibly worthy of a first grade spot at some time in 2020 as well as Anderson, Gosi, Paseka, Boyle, Olak, Funa, Metcalf, Elliott, Misi, Keppie, Kioa and Sipley to consider,

I doubt there is room for more than one or two recruits at years end. To buy now with a contract extending several years restricts Manly in holding what they have. Many will depart, but there are many juniors worth a close look at.

For Des the aim is the finals this year. Next year with some talent coming through the aim will be top 4

Well we could be like the dogs who cant buy anyone for 2 years yet they just signed DWZ and Joe Stimson from the Storm. Then again the current CEO of the NRL is their former CEO and he did recommend their current CEO, so I reckon anything is possible

I was wondering about that myself...they will probably add a few more as well!!!

I was wondering about that myself...they will probably add a few more as well!!!
Our crime was way less than all of them, but we have offloaded more than any other club for the last 2 years and we still seem to have trouble signing players, it beats me

• 🤝
Reactions: R3
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10