June 30 Deadline

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well there is 33 players on MWSE site, a few Development and BWSE players;

Miski
Dockar-Clay
Anderson
Quacomole

One of them will get the gig I reckon - if I were Des it would be Quaca

Rumour was that we were trying to offload Elgey and Perrett but seems nothing came of it. We have one spot left in top 30 as far as I can work out - so wonder who that will be.

No real advantage in upgrading a development player as I think the new rule is that you can play them after June 30 without any special permission from NRL iirc. So may as well upgrade a BWSE player - ............T-Rex come on down @:D

Rumour was that we were trying to offload Elgey and Perrett but seems nothing came of it. We have one spot left in top 30 as far as I can work out - so wonder who that will be.

No real advantage in upgrading a development player as I think the new rule is that you can play them after June 30 without any special permission from NRL iirc. So may as well upgrade a BWSE player - ............T-Rex come on down @:D
Agreed 100%

We still have to name a 30th man to the squad though and that has to happen today I thought. We currently have named 29 I thought.
If it's a youngster getting upgraded, the club has to announce...
Yep, agreed

I suspected that Des wouldn't try to buy much before June 30. Too important to have money available for next year's squad which could include Hopoate , Ben T, Fainu jnr and Schuster. I don't think Manly need much more than they have. Maybe a tough experienced forward and possibly a centre though we may have that position covered. What they have is a young side moving up the rankings and some juniors that could fill in. And I wonder how long before Ben T finds a place at No 3 or 4.

I saw Kioa at Members Xmas function when they had am opposed session. His knees were covered in strapping and he looked more in the Anthony Collela mound (for those who remember him) rather than a silky, slick outside back

I saw Kioa at Members Xmas function when they had am opposed session. His knees were covered in strapping and he looked more in the Anthony Collela mound (for those who remember him) rather than a silky, slick outside back
That is quite interesting, but ...
Why were the members having an opposed session, and who were they opposed to? True supporters?

I suspected that Des wouldn't try to buy much before June 30. Too important to have money available for next year's squad which could include Hopoate , Ben T, Fainu jnr and Schuster. I don't think Manly need much more than they have. Maybe a tough experienced forward and possibly a centre though we may have that position covered. What they have is a young side moving up the rankings and some juniors that could fill in. And I wonder how long before Ben T finds a place at No 3 or 4.

I know you love your juniors Bear but there is absolutely no chance Des will give top 30 contracts to three kids playing under 18s this year and who haven’t played a single game against men and a handful against 20 year olds . 3 kids promoted ain’t going to happen at any club, let alone at Manly who has the youngest squad in the NRL already.

They are not even close to being ready for first grade.Fainu was good in the 18s SOO, the other two ok and that is light years from first grade standard.Will be a while longer before we see these talented lads go around in the top grade.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4