Josh Aloiai re-signs until 2025

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Seems like fairly entrenched positions at the moment , specified players prepared to not wear a similar type or themed jersey again , club no intention of relenting or not having the same type of promotional or theme round again . Club has a right to continue with their position , same with the specified playing group . Could be just as an important type fixture round for vying for a finals position next time round , This could be the real test for Tony as C E O to get sorted or again maybe the N R L should start to offer some worthwhile suggestions as it part encompasses their Jurisdiction as well .

From reading some of the comments, some people just want to be offended by everything.

P.s. Except for Kalvin's comment. MJ and all Paedo's are truly offensive.

To me it’s pretty simple ( re the pride jersey for 2023).

Players get a choice , those that are against it wear the normal jersey.

I have no issues with being inclusive that’s society today.

Black , white , brindle , who gives a **** you’re human.

Straight , Gay , in between , who gives a **** it’s your life.

Vegan / Meat eaters , who gives a **** , eat what you want.

BUT

Let’s just not make a big deal out of any of it.

Parra supporters
Storm supporters
Even souffs supporters
Dragons and the riff
I don’t care
We are all equal
Ahh
Oops
I guess there are some better than others
Go manly 😊

This got me wondering. What if Parra won 8 wooden spoons in a row, the fans and players were picked on, and they subsequently cried out for love and compassion from all.

Would we accept the Manly players wearing a Parra strip in their Manly jerseys to show that we care?.

Don’t laugh, it could get that ridiculous one day. When I think about it, I would think about it as a mental health issue and promoting humanity for all. You have to accept that Parra supporters can’t help where they were born. In other words when you see through the absurdity and woke-ness of all, it’s just a footy jersey. Do your job thats what you get the big bucks for.

NYEagle

I do have trouble following the plot here sometimes.
Meanwhile RUOK.org states:

"R U OK? contributes to suicide prevention efforts by encouraging people to invest more time in their personal relationships and building the capacity of informal support networks – friends, family and colleagues - to be alert to those around them, have a conversation if they identify signs of distress or difficulty and connect someone to appropriate support, long before they're in crisis."

So maybe you're right and gay people don't encounter suicide, distress, and difficulty.

Although I have assumed the opposite, and that they do experience those, and quite possibly more often than the population mean. I'm only guessing. Although if you are excluded or shunned & disapproved by sections of society simply for who you are, then reasonably that might have a negative impact on your mental health over time? I'm no expert.

I'm sorry .. what has that wonderful speech have to do with anything I said ?

And then you say I might be right about something I never said ..

You are becoming completely deranged ... maybe the petticoat is way too tight

Must be a good way to have a debate .. just make up whatever you like .. and then respond to yourself .. good on ya

Would be 100% more successful to come up with a jersey that symbolised Inclusiveness ... rather than take a lazy approach and simply go for the gay pride rainbow ..

Q) How does the Rainbow symbol represent Women in League, or the Indigenous community, or the disabled, or the RUOK movement, amongst others ?
Woodsie, I don't think the gay pride movement has been so successful that whenever somebody sees a rainbow in the sky, they immediately think, "Oh, look - the poofs have come out after the rain."

A rainbow can be many things, including just a collection of pretty colours, but it has always been a symbol of diversity and inclusion, as in "all the colours of the rainbow". A rainbow can symbolise hope, luck (with a pot of gold at the end of every one), equality and multiculturalism (kids' picture books typically show a rainbow coalition of people and nations, and Nelson Mandela famously described post-apartheid South Africa as "a rainbow nation at peace with itself and the world"), and new beginnings.

Rainbows are big symbols in Norse mythology, in Buddhism (representing the highest state of consciousness before enlightenment), and even in - gasp! - Christianity, where the Big Guy projected a beautiful rainbow in the sky to let Noah know the floods were over and done with, so that he and his menagerie could finally live without fear. Some churches even teach that the rainbow is the symbol of God's love for us all. Imagine that!

So, yes - a rainbow can represent everyone.

It was our players, in their wisdom, who decided a jersey with rainbow stripes on it could only represent one group of people. They chose to make it an issue of "faith and cultural beliefs". They chose not to wear it. They chose not to play.

Some of us were fine with that decision; some of us (myself included) were not. I hoped we'd heard the last of it, but apparently not. So now somebody needs to come up with a new jersey that symbolises inclusivity (without being "too gay" about it) and can't possibly cause offence to anybody - which in this day and age is probably an impossible task.

Woodsie, I don't think the gay pride movement has been so successful that whenever somebody sees a rainbow in the sky, they immediately think, "Oh, look - the poofs have come out after the rain."

A rainbow can be many things, including just a collection of pretty colours, but it has always been a symbol of diversity and inclusion, as in "all the colours of the rainbow". A rainbow can symbolise hope, luck (with a pot of gold at the end of every one), equality and multiculturalism (kids' picture books typically show a rainbow coalition of people and nations, and Nelson Mandela famously described post-apartheid South Africa as "a rainbow nation at peace with itself and the world"), and new beginnings.

Rainbows are big symbols in Norse mythology, in Buddhism (representing the highest state of consciousness before enlightenment), and even in - gasp! - Christianity, where the Big Guy projected a beautiful rainbow in the sky to let Noah know the floods were over and done with, so that he and his menagerie could finally live without fear. Some churches even teach that the rainbow is the symbol of God's love for us all. Imagine that!

It was our players, in their wisdom, who decided a jersey with rainbow stripes on it could only represent one group of people. They chose to make it an issue of "faith and cultural beliefs". They chose not to wear it. They chose not to play.

Some of us were fine with that decision; some of us (myself included) were not. I hoped we'd heard the last of it, but apparently not. So now somebody needs to come up with a new jersey that symbolises inclusivity (without being "too gay" about it) and can't possibly cause offence to anybody - which in this day and age is probably an impossible task.

And the Swastika is an ancient Hindu symbol meaning "conducive to well being" and was widely used in architecture throughout the Asiatic world .. however, I would suggest if you wore one on a T-shirt at the footy ... nobody is going to think you are spiritually enlightened ..

And if you wear a rainbow jersey ... very few are going to think of Nelson Mandela ... or indigenous people, or the RUOK movement, or disabled people, or women in league ..... remember them, they are also the ones that are supposed to be honoured by the jersey.

To claim that your good intentions are for inclusivity .. and then choose a symbol that only favours one worthy cause to the detriment of so many others is a very shonky and incompetent attempt to achieve your goal of... inclusiveness .

And the Swastika is an ancient Hindu symbol meaning "conducive to well being" and was widely used in architecture throughout the Asiatic world .. however, I would suggest if you wore one on a T-shirt at the footy ... nobody is going to think you are spiritually enlightened ..

And if you wear a rainbow jersey ... very few are going to think of Nelson Mandela ... or indigenous people, or the RUOK movement, or disabled people, or women in league ..... remember them, they are also the ones that are supposed to be honoured by the jersey.

To claim that your good intentions are for inclusivity .. and then choose a symbol that only favours one worthy cause to the detriment of so many others is a very shonky and incompetent attempt to achieve your goal of... inclusiveness .
But see, like many of the "but what about" arguments put forth in these debates, comparing a rainbow stripe on a football jersey to the Nazi swastika is a false equivalency. The Nazi corruption of the swastika (which itself is pretty distinct from ancient forms of the symbol anyway - the angle, the circle, the red band surrounding it, etc) is a recognisable symbol of a fascist regime known for its theories of racial superiority and its practice of genocide. It is a symbol of hate. The rainbow symbol, on the other hand, even if you accept that it exclusively represents gay people (which I don't), is known for what? Fabulous parades, beautifully-curated moustaches and disco music. It's hardly genocide, is it?

But see, like many of the "but what about" arguments put forth in these debates, comparing a rainbow stripe on a football jersey to the Nazi swastika is a false equivalency. The Nazi corruption of the swastika (which itself is pretty distinct from ancient forms of the symbol anyway - the angle, the circle, the red band surrounding it, etc) is a recognisable symbol of a fascist regime known for its theories of racial superiority and its practice of genocide. It is a symbol of hate. The rainbow symbol, on the other hand, even if you accept that it exclusively represents gay people (which I don't), is known for what? Fabulous parades, beautifully-curated moustaches and disco music. It's hardly genocide, is it?

How in God's little green earth did you get from my point that certain symbols .. through usage .. have come to be overwhelming associated with one particular cause ... to suggesting that I am comparing the merits of the 2 causes ?????????????????

That's true, but in the Western world at least, the Rainbow Flag has become the universally recognised emblem of the LGBTQ movement,

"The rainbow flag is a symbol of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) pride and LGBT social movements. Also known as the gay pride flag or LGBT pride flag, the colors reflect the diversity of the LGBT community and the spectrum of human sexuality and gender. Using a rainbow flag as a symbol of gay pride began in San Francisco, California, but eventually became common at LGBT rights events worldwide."

"On June 26, 2015, the White House was illuminated in the rainbow flag colors to commemorate the legalization of same-sex marriages in all 50 U.S. states, following the Obergefell v. Hodges Supreme Court decision."

"In June 2004 LGBT activists sailed to Australia's uninhabited Coral Sea Islands Territory and raised the rainbow flag, proclaiming the territory independent of Australia, calling it the Gay and Lesbian Kingdom of the Coral Sea Islands in protest to the Australian government's refusal to recognize same-sex marriages. The rainbow flag was the official flag of the claimed kingdom until its dissolution in 2017 following the legalisation of same sex marriage in Australia."

"Polish nationalists trampled, spat on, and burned the rainbow flag during Independence Day marches in Warsaw in the 2020s"

"] It has become common to display a rainbow in store fronts or on websites to indicate that the space is queer friendly."

"In some countries, such as Saudi Arabia, it's illegal or sell (or wear) some "rainbow-colored" stuff, since it's claimed to "indirectly promote homosexuality" and claimed to "contradict normal common sense"

Anyway I think this thread should go straight to the general discussion area as it is really not going to be about football. Maybe a politics in sport section could be be created so there will be a place for people to pontificate… if they choose too.
It’s a specific thread about one of our players who has spoken about his reason for not playing a game for our club.
Just as the Kieran Forum provided a comprehensive thread of what everyone had to say about his time at the club, so should this.
If you don’t want to read it …. I think you know what’s coming …. don’t!

That's true, but in the Western world at least, the Rainbow Flag has become the universally recognised emblem of the LGBTQ movement,

"The rainbow flag is a symbol of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) pride and LGBT social movements. Also known as the gay pride flag or LGBT pride flag, the colors reflect the diversity of the LGBT community and the spectrum of human sexuality and gender. Using a rainbow flag as a symbol of gay pride began in San Francisco, California, but eventually became common at LGBT rights events worldwide."

"On June 26, 2015, the White House was illuminated in the rainbow flag colors to commemorate the legalization of same-sex marriages in all 50 U.S. states, following the Obergefell v. Hodges Supreme Court decision."

"In June 2004 LGBT activists sailed to Australia's uninhabited Coral Sea Islands Territory and raised the rainbow flag, proclaiming the territory independent of Australia, calling it the Gay and Lesbian Kingdom of the Coral Sea Islands in protest to the Australian government's refusal to recognize same-sex marriages. The rainbow flag was the official flag of the claimed kingdom until its dissolution in 2017 following the legalisation of same sex marriage in Australia."

"Polish nationalists trampled, spat on, and burned the rainbow flag during Independence Day marches in Warsaw in the 2020s"

"] It has become common to display a rainbow in store fronts or on websites to indicate that the space is queer friendly."

"In some countries, such as Saudi Arabia, it's illegal or sell (or wear) some "rainbow-colored" stuff, since it's claimed to "indirectly promote homosexuality" and claimed to "contradict normal common sense"

But if you look vewwy vewwy carefully, it wasn’t actually a flag.
It was the colours of the rainbow which is also used to describe the various races.
But we do know the meaning that the rainbow 7 chose to take, despite the words inside the collar.

As Budgie has already said, I don't remember seeing that rainbow flag anywhere on the jersey we played in. It was rainbow stripes replacing the white stripes on an otherwise recognisable Manly jersey.

Mark, from a SMH article July 26...

'The NRL told the club it wouldn’t allow players to wear different versions of the Sea Eagles jersey'
But why not???
Differences in jersey is minimal.
If a problem, then have different socks!
By allowing both sides to express their views & play, aren't you promoting inclusivity???

1666760956669.png

A quick search of "International Inclusivity Symbols" shows a range of options ... What I like about this one, and others, is that they incorporate the rainbow into a broader message ... the rainbow becomes part of a greater whole, not the whole thing ... which at the end of the day is what the whole thing is about ... not just one cause .. but all the worthy causes ..

Last edited:
How in God's little green earth did you get from my point that certain symbols .. through usage .. have come to be overwhelming associated with one particular cause ... to suggesting that I am comparing the merits of the 2 causes ?????????????????
Not suggesting that at all, mate.

To follow your example, if someone wore a T-shirt with a Nazi swastika on it to game at Brookvale Oval (even though it's more likely to happen at a soccer game), I would not be surprised if that person was set upon by others at the game. That person should be punched in the head, repeatedly and vigorously. But if someone wore a T-shirt with a rainbow on it to the same game, I would hope the crowd around them would, at best, not give it a second thought, or, at worst, treat them with tolerance and respect.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11