Josh Aloiai re-signs until 2025

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
His words are ignorant, thats my point. He is oblivious to what those words mean. His words to me are exclusive and go against the values of the NRL that he is employed to play in.

I respect his rights to expect people to accept his culture and beliefs just as long as he respects mine and that who I am is not a choice!
The 7 didn't do an Izzy and come out and condemn everyone,they were put in a position that they didn't believe in and decided not to be involved, they haven't been calling for sinner's to be sent to hell, they didn't ask to be put in a position to justify their religious beliefs

The worst part of the whole interview was hearing that the peanut Penn is going for a second bite next year.

Why, oh why would you choose to put the club and players and fans in this position again?

To me, it really doesn't matter which side of the fence you sit on the actual issue, but it is clearly controversial and very personal to a lot of people, for a myriad of reasons.

Footy clubs should just stick to what they do best....play footy.

The 7 didn't do an Izzy and come out and condemn everyone,they were put in a position that they didn't believe in and decided not to be involved, they haven't been calling for sinner's to be sent to hell, they didn't ask to be put in a position to justify their religious beliefs
What you say is true. What Aloiai said in his words was not flattering to him and displayed an ignorance of what gay people go through to feel included in society. When someone tells us that we CHOOSE to live this way it displays a total lack of empathy of who we are?

For many years I denied who I was mainly through fear and how gay people were portrayed in the mainstream. Being a kid on the northern beaches in the 80s was a challenge and I remember hearing about the conversion therapy that some of the faith believed would cure a gay person.

Josh, I do respect your religion, your culture. I am not ignorant that in your native country that people like me are frowned upon because a book tells you so.

The real victims of this whole jersey saga are the forgotten people of Pacifica descent who are going through or have gone through persecution because of laws and religious beliefs.

We are fortunate to live in Australia, we have a rich and inclusive culture and what we witnessed in July went against the grain of who we are as a nation!

I believe you are taking things out of context. I understand there is no choice. But I think he was trying to be respectful whilst maintaining his own personal beliefs.
He might have felt that he was being respectful and in that context I understand. Unless you understand what it feels like to be painted as different because you in their eyes are living a lifestyle that is a choice, shows me that you don't understand how hurtful words like his are.

I respect his right of an opinion. What we as a club need to do is learn from this debacle, because we cannot afford another episode like this. It was hard enough knowing that 10 of our players refused to play, to see our club not communicate with them and us not only lose that game but the season to fizzle out and now there are consequences for the coach etc.

I want guys who are committed to our cause out there playing. I want to be able to know that if a young fella who is talented enough and good enough to wear the maroon and white and happens to be Gay or Bi etc is cherished by our fans as Ian Roberts still is today.

Many lessons to learn from this fiasco and the NRL really need to take the lead if there is going to be a pride round next season!

Oh no the people around here that live miserable lives are back again making hateful remarks about josh. The bloke gave a reasonable and respectful reasoning and you still want to crucify him.

Some of you are in the same category as Corey Parker. It’s actually laughable at how soft some are around here. We wouldn’t be in this position if the clowns that run the asylum didn’t come out with an alphabet jersey.
Let’s get back to footy.
A homophobe protecting another homophobe, it makes me sick we support the same club, I feel like you should go support a club Ian Roberts didn't play for, who by the way was one of the toughest players of all time

I just wish Josh would speak for himself and not say what the others will or won’t do.
"We didn't compromise this year, won't compromise next year"...
She should have asked "Do you speak for the other 6?" His answer would have been very interesting.

As for @sheridanstand78 saying homesexuality is not a choice - this surely must be a key talking point if Manly or the NRL ever get around to actually talking seriously with players about this whole issue.

Oh no the people around here that live miserable lives are back again making hateful remarks about josh. The bloke gave a reasonable and respectful reasoning and you still want to crucify him.

Some of you are in the same category as Corey Parker. It’s actually laughable at how soft some are around here. We wouldn’t be in this position if the clowns that run the asylum didn’t come out with an alphabet jersey.
Let’s get back to footy.
Put downs like that act to discourage and suppress discussion.
To anyone else who doesn't want this talked about on Silvertails: one, you could just ignore it, or two, and better - far better - share your reasons for feeling that way.

Why, oh why would you choose to put the club and players and fans in this position again?
Very good question
To me, it really doesn't matter which side of the fence you sit on the actual issue, but it is clearly controversial and very personal to a lot of people, for a myriad of reasons.
I agree.
Footy clubs should just stick to what they do best....play footy
If footy didn't involve humans ... it might be possible to keep politics out of footy...?

But politics have always been in the game. Rugby league is such an enthralling sport - and such a magnetic TV product - that it has always been used to push various political and corporate messages.
Keep politics out of sport probably means (not necessarily for you, but in general) keep the same politics in sport that I'm used to and comfortable with, don't change to bring in XYZ other political or corporate messages I don't want to think about right now.

A homophobe protecting another homophobe, it makes me sick we support the same club, I feel like you should go support a club Ian Roberts didn't play for, who by the way was one of the toughest players of all time
Ahhhh yes the old “homophobe” line. One of the few weapons the left have in their armoury.

Cry about it cherry_floggins. You’re the same bloke who always **** cans the club. You should go support netball or something.

The extensions to Saab and Aloloi could represent a realignment between the 7 and the club.
It was Saab and Haumole.
Aloiai extension was reported on 13 July, a week or so before, well... you know.

Ironically this is how the club announced Josh's new deal at the time (link in OP):

"Josh Aloiai reflects on his new two year-deal with the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles with a heavy sense of pride and gratitude."

@:D @:mad:

Ahhhh yes the old “homophobe” line. One of the few weapons the left have in their armoury.

Cry about it cherry_floggins. You’re the same bloke who always **** cans the club. You should go support netball or something.
It's pretty obvious that you have issues with homosexuals, if you're trying to hide it your doing a piss poor job

Sometimes the club deserves it, sometimes the club deserves praise like being the first to have the fortitude to put this jersey on

You do understand that every one who is gay or supports them is not always left winged?
Okay. So you do realise that the term homophobe gets thrown around very weightlessly?
I don’t care whether Johnny down the road shags women or is into blokes. If he’s a good person, he’s a good person. I judge people for who they are, not their sexuality. I know plenty of people who are and I respect them as much as I do anyone else. They’re humans.

Last edited:
It's pretty obvious that you have issues with homosexuals, if you're trying to hide it your doing a piss poor job

Sometimes the club deserves it, sometimes the club deserves praise like being the first to have the fortitude to put this jersey on
so it’s okay for you to pick and choose when the club deserves it but not for others to pick and choose. Tell your story walking 🤡

I respect people with a moral compass… I may not agree with their views, but I respect their views. Sometimes you need to stand up for you beliefs like the Russian soldiers that refused to fight in Ukraine.

BTW no one criticises Mohammad Ali for standing by his famous belief.

Just sayin.
The Russians who refuse to go to Ukraine don’t want to kill people. Ali didn’t want to go to nam and kill people.

Aloia didn’t want to wear a stripe that represents acceptance.

To me it’s pretty simple ( re the pride jersey for 2023).

Players get a choice , those that are against it wear the normal jersey.

I have no issues with being inclusive that’s society today.

Black , white , brindle , who gives a **** you’re human.

Straight , Gay , in between , who gives a **** it’s your life.

Vegan / Meat eaters , who gives a **** , eat what you want.

BUT

Let’s just not make a big deal out of any of it.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8