Josh Aloiai re-signs until 2025

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thank you @ The Wheel . Very uplifting interview

He talks about his admiration for the Manly club

and his Commitment to The great Manly people at the club that he believes will bring out the best in him

Let us hope that we can soon see the best of Manly

Love his comment - I ask myself ‘what can I do for this jersey’

Help it win another a premiership, I reckon
Make sure there is never to be another green blob on it, no matter what the sponsor is paying.

Great news ,but.
Still need one more prop though .
Hopefully angrier,bigger, faster & younger.
A big mofo who runs straight and hard,and hits harder.

Great news ,but.
One more Big hard Mother Fcker would make a big Difference

Great news ,but.
I hear Alec T is huge and so is Sam Fainu, if Paseka ever steps up we will be loaded with them.

Positive news for sure , just a shame that he has missed so many games , especially last season but has had a much better run and excellent form this season until the recent setback . Paseka was going well before his injury against the Sharks , maybe he came back too early , he looked a bit ginger in his early return games . Still an issue who best to start with Alioia into the future and with Marty elsewhere , looks like no effort to re sign Boyle , Sipley in favor now which is fair enough , Alex T can ideally get to the next level . Paseka and Keppie have shown that they can do the job , just that vital consistency level again . Could still be the case of Jake at starting prop with Alioia before not too long .

And called Corey parker an idiot....thats the best bit

Sea Eagles prop Josh Aloiai has spoken for the first time about his key role in Manly’s pride jumper fiasco, claiming he received death threats before stressing a refusal to wear a similar jersey again next season.
Aloiai was the leader of Manly’s rebels in what became the biggest and most controversial story of the 2022 season.

In an explosive interview, Aloiai also called Fox Sports commentator and former Test forward Corey Parker an “idiot.”

Unrepentant and defiant, Aloiai told Nine News: “(We received) death threats, my family got threats, I got threats about my son.

“You should never be put in a situation where your religious views or cultural views and beliefs conflict with your job.

Manly star Josh Aloiai has revealed he and his family received death threats for his stance on the Manly Pride jersey. Picture: Getty Images.

Manly star Josh Aloiai has revealed he and his family received death threats for his stance on the Manly Pride jersey. Picture: Getty Images.
“Our atheist boys, for Easter round, we wanted to wear a Christian jersey and they weren’t comfortable in doing that. It’s all the same – I will support them.”

Asked whether his stance was disrespectful to homosexuals, Aloiai said: “We still have nothing but respect for people that choose to live that way of life.

“We personally don’t want to live that way or endorse it but, at the same time, we quietly took our stance and didn’t say anything hateful or hurtful.

“Instead we were the ones that were called everything under the sun.”

Aloiai claims some players wanted to wear a Christian jersey for Easter, but Manly’s atheist players refused. Picture: Getty Images.

Aloiai claims some players wanted to wear a Christian jersey for Easter, but Manly’s atheist players refused. Picture: Getty Images.
A devout Christian, Aloiai’s older sister is gay – but he claims she accepted his stance.

“Me and her (have a tight relationship) and she knows that I love her to bits,” he said.

“Throughout all this happening, we did have a chat and she totally understood where I was coming from.

“She rang me up and was like: ‘How are you going? You all right? It’s so crazy the way the media has blown this out of proportion’.

“Corey Parker, he came and said we shouldn’t pick and choose. He hammered us in the media, (saying) we run out with our gambling sponsored jerseys and betting-sponsored stadium.

“I would love for him to show me in the Bible where it mentions gambling. It doesn’t, nor does it forbid alcohol within itself.

“He’s an idiot.

“I jumped off social media for a little while just to have a little detox.”

Aloiai has slammed Fox League commentator Corey Parker, for his criticism of the players during the Pride jersey saga. Picture: Getty Images.

Aloiai has slammed Fox League commentator Corey Parker, for his criticism of the players during the Pride jersey saga. Picture: Getty Images.
Manly chairman Scott Penn has revealed plans for his team to wear a similar rainbow jersey again next season.

Asked if he would wear a pride jumper next season Aloiai said: “The short answer is no, I won’t.
“We didn’t compromise this year and we won’t compromise next year or the year after. A difference of opinion is not a difference of respect.”

Aloiai sustained a leg injury last week representing Samoa at the World Cup.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6